It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gates: Obama Has No Long-Range Plan to Stop Iran's Nuke Drive

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This is pretty serious stuff, folks. And coming from the SecDef, no less. When viewed in the light of Obama's recent statement that "whether we like it or not, we remain a dominant military superpower", it becomes even more troubling.

I don't think that bowing to the mullahs will work with Iran, seeing as how they turned thumbs down to Obama's gesture to 'dialogue'....

A memo from Defense Secretary Robert Gates to the White House warned that the United States lacks a nimble long-term plan for dealing with Iran's nuclear program, according to a published report.

Gates wrote the three-page memo in January and it set off efforts in the Pentagon, White House and intelligence agencies to come up with new options, including the use of the military, The New York Times said in its Sunday editions, quoting unnamed government official

newsmax.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

What would you have the president do exactly? Take the neocon way? Go cowboy and send in troops to invade the country? Wonderful! We'll just fork out another $1 trillion for this war ya know? Maybe we can risk more american lives and instability in that region right? Or did I get you wrong? Did you not imply the president should wage war? What are you blaming the president for not doing? Did he not talk tough enough? Let us all know what the president failed to do in your mind that would stop Iran.

I mean as aside to the fact there still is not sufficient evidence to prove Iran has even developed a nuclear weapon I'd like to know what on Gods earth gave the United states power to dictate who can't and can have them?

Maybe we should stop being the police of the world.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
The President should quit trying to train for an NBA team and actually get to making policies that protect the people of the USA.

Also OP, I started a thread on this topic.
Ongoing Thread

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Indeed you did...

Thread closed.

top topics

join