It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Central USA expect to hear sonic booms 4/19 in a.m.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Thatll be pretty cool. Hope we can actually hear it on the east side of the show me state. Back in the 80s we were supposed to be able to see a shuttle decent but could never spot it in the sky

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

Originally posted by weedwhacker
I predict at least...ermmm....three threads will pop up, post Shuttle re-entry. (Based on my pessimistic view of the state of ATS, of late...)

Nice try, though!

It's a pretty safe bet that several threads will be started about this, especially since many ATS members have already flagged "April 19th" as a possible date for WWIII to start.

And now that I wrote that, how long will it be before someone claims that the shuttle was scheduled on this date to cover something else up...

There is one launch indeed scheduled for tomorrow April 19 th. See here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SiKFury

Ah, hello neighbor! I'm also east MO, St. Louis area. Yeah, we seemed to miss out on some of the cool things to see in the sky around here. Hopefully you get look.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I'm not interested in what a recent TV show said. UFO's not creating sonic booms is a major characteristic as old as the phenomenon itself. Gravitational propulsion is something else you may want to look into.

My only point is that if you find it so bothersome to have to deal with people who believe in things you find ridiculous you might be better served by another website. This goes for all of you who act the same way.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Risen

Dude are you just trying to derail this thread??

I NEVER said it was bothersome at this site at all. WTF man you keep telling me to leave. I just don't get it. RELAX, man. I NEVER even said that ANYbodies beliefs were ridiculous. You put those words in my mouth.

I love ATS and everything about it. Yes, including the debates on issues. Especially the debates, because often it's through those that the real truths are discovered.

This is all I have to say to you on this. I really don't get what your beef is, man.

[edit on 18/4/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Very cool!

Was just wondering if there is a possibility of seeing the craft entering the atmosphere from Ontario, Canada, Mississauga? even if its just a light or something, because this would be very cool to record. And if possible, if your in the area where you supposedly will be able to hear the boom and see it, can you record it and post it? if possible

Also, just to be on the safe side. The link says "will see the shuttle shortly after 5 am PDT " which is 8 EDT right??

[edit on 18-4-2010 by YouCanCallMeKM]

[edit on 18-4-2010 by YouCanCallMeKM]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Sometimes when someone is a knothead
just don't reply,.. it takes the fun out of their argument..

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Yeah, you're right. I was just outside smoking and realized my first mistake was replying in the first place.
Oh well, live and let live, right?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Yeah,.. Well I hope the weather isn't a problem. I will be up anyway to listen. Maybe I will see a alien ship while I am waiting'
'

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Seeing as the shuttle returns to earth as a glider I would have to say no relation to the ash cloud. This is the reason why they only have one chance to land the shuttle, they don't have engines to retry landing.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I don't want to rain on your parade but I hope it keeps raining in Florida!!

I live in Santa Clarita, CA about 40 miles from Edwards AFB, as the crow flies. With the Shuttle program ending, I would like to hear, just 1 more time, the loud double sonic booms as she glides into Edwards. Sometimes she'd come in right over the house, very loudly announcing her arrival back to Earth. This has gone on for more than 20 years.

I was raised in the San Fernando Valley, not far from Rocketdyne Test Facility in Santa Susana pass and I can remember back into the early 1960's as they started testing engines used in manned flights. We didn't read about it, we heard it and our parents worked for the contractors of the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo programs. We lived with it for many years.

One night, in 1966 I believe, Rocketdyne ran the first test of a single J-5 for the Apollo program. 1.5 million pounds of thrust. It was powerful!!! The ground shook, half the night sky lit up and everyone on the block came out into their front yards wondering what the heck was going on. It lasted about a minute and then silence. In the morning the local papers told us what had gone on in the pass. The testing of a new engine to take Americans to the Moon. Good stuff back in the olden days!

Later this year, American manned space flights will end and be only a memory. I never thought the day would come where the U.S. would be dependent upon the Russians as our only means of launching an American into space. An absolute cryin' shame.

Unbelievable.

So come on baby, one more time into Edwards, for old times sake.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Risen

Well he never said that people believing in UFOs are ridiculous. YOU put those words in his mouth. He was just giving us a heads up about the shuttle because there are people who will jump on ATS and make it out to be a UFO. Someone needs to grab a bottle of chill pills and take a couple.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Risen

People on ATS tend to take a small thing and try to turn it into a huge conspiracy. Something like the shuttle can turn into a 40 page mega thread started by someone who thought they saw or heard a UFO.

Check out threads that have to do with google when they change the way they spell their name on the search engine during a paticular event, like the anniversary of man first walking on the moon or the anniversary of when morse code was invented.

All nothing to worry about and yet, like this scheduled landing, it turned into a lengthy thread. So back off and watch what will happen, there will be atleast three threads about it.

When that happens you will owe the OP an apology.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by Risen

You do realize that comment was tongue in cheek, right?

Sorry no conspiracy mentioned.

Should leave out the eye-roll emoticon next time then. Something as simple as that casts your entire statement in a disingenuous shade of light.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
When I wrote earlier that the ash was not a problem, I should have clarified that THIS ash is not a problem. The location of the volcano and flow of the ash is the reason for this. If this ash were coming from Mount St. Helens, for example, the same ash WOULD be a problem for landing in Florida.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Well the weather isn't looking to be a friend to the midwest viewing of the shuttle. Hopefully it goes as first planned, but chances are now it won't. It still may take the path on Tuesday if it doesn't end up landing Monday. Otherwise looks like Cali once again gets to be the lucky one to see it.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. Guess we'll find out for sure tomorrow.

Possible weather delay

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Great find, so S&F!
By the way, the sonic boom is George Bush's fault

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
^^^ what do you mean by its Bush's fault?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by YouCanCallMeKM

I think it was just a joke.

That's all.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Well speaking from the state of pyranoia, thanks for the warning!

I wouldnt want to think its another downed UFO.

S&F

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join