It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we "Hate" Those With Whom We Disagree?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jujubug

if you are not sure about something being true you might be sure of something you like being existing as a concept in your mind, so when another dont like what you like and prone something else to be attached to in his expression while you notice subjectively disliking it is enough reason to be right too

it doesnt have to be the absolute truth to justify your subjective tastes

it is ok when you dont mean to kill the other why do you have to like him

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by imans
reply to post by jujubug

if you are not sure about something being true you might be sure of something you like being existing as a concept in your mind, so when another dont like what you like and prone something else to be attached to in his expression while you notice subjectively disliking it is enough reason to be right too

it is ok when you dont mean to kill the other why do you have to like him

Can you put this in a sentence?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Hmm i'd say 95% of the time it's frustration coming across as hate, i think if you really questioned people you would find this. There are some views people hold(which differ between people) that some folks can't see from the others POV while they can on others. It's hard to put yourself in someone elses shoes when it comes to certain beliefs people hold, to see through their eyes and somewhat understand their position even if diametrically opposed to your own. Hence the only natural result is frustration which can appear as anger or hatred. That's how i see it any way.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

i guess you misunderstood my means which proove how a lot of words are needed to get across your particular subjective mean

i didnt mean the right to love whatever you want issue, i really meant the right to be an individual only, we are not supposed to do anything for the other but we are supposed to not ever mean to kill another in all ways points and respect whatever is existing objectively as contributing to the whole ground reality existence that is necessary to keep the reference with truth source

but as a subject individual you have all the rights to express yourself as you wish and like to, you need it also actually to keep you as the source of yourself sane, you cannot be yourself source if yourself is determined by politness rules and hypocrisy, you have to ensure for yourself the minimum reality of your freedom to keep the whole existing project sane

but objectively i dont see the issue, if i would never harm the other why i cant tell him that i dont like him to be close to me, im just an individual space he can go as free wherever he wants
like here you discuss with each others and have so many different dialogues you held at the same time, there is no issue it is complete nonsense of lies wills to mean never mentionning freedom rights for controlling everyone under the power of times and death

freedom is the source of so many truths and concepts absolute positive life

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

I couldn't agree more! Very well-said!

reply to post by Binder

Interestingly, as you describe your wife, I see myself, but as you describe yourself, I see my husband. He can get along with ANYONE and have deep, respectful discussions without ever having a hurt feeling. He gets along with the local hippies as well as the good old boys at the hardware store. It's an amazing thing to see!

Thanks for your input.

Originally posted by imans

Very good point. Yes, we're all here looking for truth, but that can be very different things for different people and we should be open enough to understand that. Thanks for your input in the thread.

Originally posted by Solomons
Hmm i'd say 95% of the time it's frustration coming across as hate, i think if you really questioned people you would find this.

I agree. Hatred is too strong a word. That's why I put it in quotes. I'm not sure the thread's meaning would have been understood if the title had been, "Why are we Frustrated With Those With Whom We Disagree?" Just not the same idea.

Thank you all! Some great discussion!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

i dont think it is gender trait at all, it is more about truth which means being true as being a source of yourself objective life

what is to be a source is to care then about things in space being right, in your space at least, but who is never a source of anything because a concept receiver life is total diffrent frame mind disposition, for those persons anything is the same when it is not about what they receive particularly in reference to their base of energy to move alone

so you have women like your husband and actually they are more the image of that, since everyone knows how women smile are easy to put on any circumstances or absurd situation on hold
and you have males that care for what they say or see objectively meaning values in things and ways to justify the positive it helds

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by imans

I didn't mean to imply that it's a gender trait. It just sounds like this other couple is very similar to us.
I know many women are soft-spoken.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

you are meaning to justify genders condition when you limit the issue to speech toughness, it is whole story about who you are as free concept essence and as free awareness sense existing move out of your body condition

the body condition is never anyone it belongs to the whole ground creations realities justifications as one, but awareness of anything is what exist really wether free when it is aware of positive freedom or aware of physical existence which makes it negative existing since it would mean death necessarly the end

i didnt mean that women are softspoken, i meant that they dont care that is why their most geniun smile is very easy

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

All i can say as far as the abortion part of the OP as to why you mat not share a great relationship with a person whos beliefs are pro-life as apposed to pro-choice is that ones stance is that people are literally killing a human being that hasnt been born yet and the other regards it as simply another choice albeit a tougher one from their view. Its life or death. I could go on to propose some bad analogies but Ill leave it up to your imagination.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiKFury

All i can say as far as the abortion part of the OP as to why you mat not share a great relationship with a person whos beliefs are pro-life as apposed to pro-choice is that ones stance is that people are literally killing a human being that hasnt been born yet and the other regards it as simply another choice albeit a tougher one from their view. Its life or death. I could go on to propose some bad analogies but Ill leave it up to your imagination.

War is life and death also. Hundreds of thousands of innocent people killed in months because these strangers, no some bad elements among these strangers may hurt us at some point in the near future.

We make mistakes and these tragedy's whole families of mothers, fathers and children...gone in an instant, for our freedom. Collateral damage in the quest for freedom takes these innocent LIVES. They are chalked up to necessary losses. How can we as a nation be OK with the eradication of these innocent lives on one hand and on the other hand try to go inside a woman's womb and protect the life there? Do we all truly value life as we claim?

I am not 100% sure this "it is a human life" argument is not just a handy talking point to control woman's lives and limit their choices, but this does not mean we cannot civilly disagree.

To the topic...I always thought Mary Maitlin and James Carvelle should have a talk show and show how 2 people can be so opinionated and diametrically opposed and still sleep in the same bed at night.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
"Hate" is a very strong word. One that we throw around too haphazardly. We use the word "Hate" not knowing what it really implies. Avid dislike would be a better term, because hate implies murderous loathing. "Hate" is by far the worst word in the English language IMO.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
There have been more than a few people who I have known in real life who have pretty much disassociated with me, and made it very clear why, due to my beliefs about 9/11.

Im not knocking anyone for their belief system politically or religiously speaking, but I find that a lot of neo-con types and uber religious Americans I have met aren't willing to even listen to reason regarding the subject.

These folks do everything but stick their fingers in their ears and scream "LA LA LA LA LA" any time the very possibility arises that the entire truth hasn't been told.

"It was the tarrarists and the Muslims LA LA LA LALALALA"

It's ok if you don't like me for my beliefs. Hell, its fine by me if you just dont like me for whatever reason. But to be willfully ignorant and belligerant toward anyone with an unpopular point of view is the very height of stupidity.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I can relate completely to this sentiment. Well said.
I attended a teaparty rally back in August I had a few hours before I had to go to my hotel job at the Ramada. My sign said I NEED HEALTH CARE -GIT 'ER DONE!

People were ugly to me, in my face yelling GET A JOB! I have a job I told them I can't stay much longer because I have to go to work. GET A JOB! They continued to chant in unison as if I had said nothing.

One guy asked..."then where do you work?"
"The Ramada Inn" I said.

Mr Golf shirt and Docksiders laughed in my face and indicated amongst his friends my paltry job was not even worthy of me deserving reasonably priced health care.

How do you argue with a mentality that does not listen, nor consider for a second the many very pertinent and obvious facts of a matter.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

I totaly agree here.

I think it's also stupid to do not like someone because of different ideas and/or believes.

I like thinking for myself and I experience someone that does not thinks and feels the same way as pleasant.

The best conversations are there to be found. A moment of consideration to the fact that my own ways are not the only ways and so also could be based on foolishnes. I learn and develop new ideas evolve to a more complete understanding and this does not happen around close minded people or with people that think the same. You come to a hold. a stand still.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Ignore them. Or kill them.

The only two options

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Very interesting that the gender role angle was brought up. I am very much like my mother, and my wife is a lot like my dad in the social graces category. There was kind of a gender switch in the roles, but as was stated it isn't really a set "gender role." It's just interesting how people with similar dissimilarities seem to seek each other out. Not really opposites, it's like she's the outward expression of the snarkiness I think, but usually don't say.

I have been guilty of exploiting this I admit. When someone really ticks me off sometimes I just tell her about it, and then take an armchair, and watch the sparks fly. She's better than a Rottwieler
, and I don't look like the badguy. Unless i have to jump in a defend her stance to keep from being the next target
!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Binder

you mean you are chicken and your wife is the creator, sorry but you dont understand anything, you dotn have the right picture of absolute reality and absolute source

because even if you mean to have fun out down in saying anything about genders issues, you would had made an intelligent joke that show a flair with truth

i dont know who are you defending here really so that is why im reacting how you are not defending me

absolute reality is one same positive aspiration towards superior source, that mean ultimately same thing being the source of your own positive progress infinitely

absolute source is one same positive truth, certainty out of nothing move abstractly encouraging progress and seem appreciating it, seeing in intelligence of truth conceptions means a positive sense of progress always that mean to confirm its superiority abstractly and absolutely as a reality of its absolute free certainty existence

stay with your stories down and scratch your head to see how you can justify your heroes and gods,
to me truth kill all sense of superior source, it is all about progress always so no superior source

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
that is why blinds are who still see attractions in opposites, it is the same that are the reason of attractions

the sense was of truth intelligence to keep prooving down how the most inferior is the more true because can look forward progress and do for then existence of uppest encouragement satisfaction move as meaning same for perfection reality

the mean is depth of heart touch, and depth of heart is itself move to progress by the presence of another same perfect heart as meaning objectyive heart life progress

that is how all could be united in truth base, there is no up to down as a concept the only existence absolute one is down to up

and the most down is freedom concpet and the most up meaning upper value then even absolute ones being sources of alone individually, is truth life, which mean very sacred you cannot interfer in anything there

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by imans

superior is futur life, so there is no superior entity since life is always another equality

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by imans

Wow guy, don't get personal. This is a great example of how the hate thing can get started. 1st off I notice you aren't an english as a first language reader, so you may have missed something in translation. Secondly that first line is a personal attack. No I don't mean I'm a chicken I can stand up for myself just fine believe me. I was merely relating in a humorous fashion that in some social situations I let her do the barking when barking is appropriate because she's lots of bark, and usually no bite. I'm no bark, and all bite. I keep it in check with the calm "nice guy" exterior. She handles the verbal stage of hostile negotiations much better than I do. When that doesn't work I'm the action man.
I'm not defending anything. It was actually an admission. We are the way we are. No appologies here. We can improve by realizing how certain behaviors are or aren't advantageous in certain circumstances, but we rarely modify our entire personality, especially our core intuitive responses. You're right, I don't really KNOW anything. The more I learn the more I realize I don't know. Thing is, do you realize you don't know anything either?
No one has the complete picture of absolute anything. We are all biased, we are all uninformed, or misinformed. We are all subject to the bias of our past experience. No one has "THE" right picture. To think you do simply displays your bias, and unravels the point of your having the superior view. It's called blindside bias. If you think you have it you don't, and if you don't think you have it you do. Thus it is in the "blindspot" of your mental scripting. Absolute truth only exists in concept, like a cartesian plane, and reality is harsh to the feet of shadows.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join