It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we "Hate" Those With Whom We Disagree?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

yes im like this too, if i believe something it would be about that probability of acting right
i mean i cant know the other state of being positive he defends, it is surely not mine that is a fact while i cant but act through my positive base since my acts are always for first and last actually, when it is the unik reference to truth reality i got

so maybe badguys the love when you tell them how they sucks, maybe they dont have dignity issues and since they exist because any awareness by now exist freely, so they have a full concept of themselves clarity

now if i am mistaken and they are normal like me from my standard of being extended to normality range to me, they can then busy themselves if they want to say it clearly. why wouldnt they mean themselves reality positions clearly, because they are not clear? there is a problem here i dont believe that premise, because they dont want to be clear that is more probable

noone is having full busy time, clarify some positions is useless but the msot useful thing to do when you have free time

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAgain

Edit: NVM....I'm not going to bother....Your smart enough to know what your doing.

~Keeper

[edit on 4/18/2010 by tothetenthpower]

[edit on 4/18/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
As for your friend, you should go talk to her. Not on the phone. If you don`t want to creep her out by just showing up, then write her a letter somehow. Just say, look I don`t want to lose a friendship over our personal beliefs. But if it has to come to that, I at least want you to know that I UNDERSTAND your view point. Believe me, the thought of killing babies does make me sick! I am a human being, you know? I was just thinking more of rape victims and things like that. I just don`t think it`s fair to tell a 13 year old girl, "You`re going to experience being a mother about 10 years too early because a creepy man defiled their innocence so now you will have his baby and spread his dna into this world, isn`t that great? Oh I`m sorry honey, I know it was traumatic enough being raped and I know that 9 months for a 13 year old is like 9 years for an adult but hey, you just gotta be strong. Because you see, after that man was finished with you, his sperm was inside you and a maricle happened: a part of him joined with a part of you and those parts will stay together forever and will grow into a person who you will get to see everyday and have a nice reminder of that strange man who you`ve never seen again, well you will now! In fact you get to feed and take care of this new person whis grown inside your tumtum. You`ve had 13 years to be a child that was enough wasn`t it?" Ok well don`t be as sarcastic, but just show her how it was your morality which made you think this way and admit that there are things wrong with abortiopns and that it`s just one of those tough subjects that shouldnt be brought up if it comes between a great friendship. Any relationship takes sacrifice, even if you just lie and say you were wrong it could be worth it if you think she is not just a closed minded person who will never change.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by doctor j and inmate c5779

not having the baby as rejecting a condition add that would distance you with your true free self

or having the baby as staying your free true self careless about conditions as a proof of being out

now here how we can see that both views are meaning the same truth sense reference to justify total differnt livings ones

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Reply to post by On the Edge

Correction, those are things The Lord is contemptuous of. What makes you think you are qualified to pass judgement on your fellow man and "hate" them as well? You are not even qualified to judge whether a person IS one of those things, let alone hate them for it. I`m sorry brother, but you are spreading the very hatred I am trying to stop when you present a list and say "here you go, God says its ok to hate these things". God doesn`t want you to hate anything. I don`t even hate evil people (at least those who claim to be evil or seem to be evil, because honeslty who am I to judge such things?), I just feel sorry for them that they haven`t found the right path, and I pray for them like any good person should, just as I pray for the entire universe and every living thing in it. Get up off your high horse, pal, your not going to find anything up there. The rest of us are down here.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
BH great thread, as is your standard.

I believe the "hate" speech online is mostly due to very diverse age groups, maturity levels and communications skills as well as regional differences in expression. I think the comment about a loss of respect is right on as well - but it is still a prejudicial choice in someone's mind "I can't respect anyone who supports the idea ".

We are constantly missing the difference between the thought and the person in our own minds (much less someone else's mind). I think many folks express their distaste for an idea as "hate" for the presenter - true respect, expressed as friendship, gives us pause to consider them separately.

As for ATS sometimes exchanging ideas becomes debating and devolves into baiting and insults. Thanks for the opportunity to exchange ideas!

gj

[edit on 18-4-2010 by ganjoa]

[edit on 18-4-2010 by ganjoa]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I recently had this happen to me in a thread where I did research and posted facts, and very little opinion.

I was demonized for it, and the vile and venom from my "friends" was a vicous attack on me. Why? Because I posted facts that went against their world view. They had no choice but to question their view of "reality", and in doing so, instead of hating the message they hated the messenger.

It wasn't that I was trying to change anyones' opinions, I wasn't. I was posting information so they could have information about both sides of the topic. It wasn't forceful, or "you believe my side of this or you suck", it was just facts. They hated it, and hated me for doing it.

I started getting "foe" U2U's piling in, one right after the other.

One, in particular, turned on me with such vengeance and hatred that I did look at myself.

I asked myself, how I could have befriended someone that with little to no prompting would attack me the way they did? How I thought I could have known someone well enough to have made that mis-step in my own judgement, that we could talk, have discourse in conversations, yet remain strong and healthy friends in the interim?

I realized that it had been me that made the mistake in my judgement of their character, because I went back and reviewed the way they had acted towards others in similar circumstances, and in my defense of the friendship, I had been willing to turn a blind eye to their treatment of others because it wasn't happening to *me*. This was my first mistake.

When it happened to *me*, I then realized yes, I had made the mistake of befriending someone that was so obviously a fair weather friend, that there was nothing genuine there.

In recognizing this, I realized that I disliked the person, not only for their behaviours towards me, but the way they also treated others that had a difference of opinion in the past. I was the one at fault for letting my judgement lack.

At first, I blamed them, which was my second mistake. I realized I was in the wrong all along, and blame no one but myself. They were not who I thought they were. My bad. But. During the course of events, they ended up revealing a side of themselves that made me dislike them very strongly. In other words, I saw their true colors. Moreso because it was directed at me.

It had absolutely zero to do with the thread, the topic of discussion, opinions, politics, or anything else. It was everything to do with how they treated others, and then how they treated me. Friends don't treat friends that way.

A real friendship is one where two people can disagree, laugh, and move on. Real friends do not attempt to change someones' mind, or to "educate" them, that is the equivalent of trying to change them. If you present something, and someone doesn't agree, then fine, agree to disagree then.

In fact, I would have to say you made the mistake in your character assessment of this person, (the hypothetical one) and they were not truly deserving of your friendship. Perhaps it just took you that long to get to know them that well.

It wasn't so much the topic, but the fact they would be willing to judge you to such extremes as to end the friendship. Apparently, your value systems and beliefs of what a friend is, is rather different from theirs. You would have been the one that made this mistake, not so much them, because you misjudged them to be deserving, according to your belief system.

Hate may perhaps be a strong word, but I will choose stongly dislike. Sometimes, the way I see people talk to one another it nauseates me, as it is even bad treatment to talk to an animal in the manner that I have seen people spoken to on here.

Had they been a true friend, it would have been treasured instead of thrown away. It is childish in that one must have the maturity to accept people as they are, differences of opinion included. Those who cannot lack the maturity to do so. This is necessary not only in friendships, but in all relationships, marriage included.

Imagine what the world would be like if we all agreed on everything! Learning to allow those differences allows growth, and that growth may be in a different direction than yours, but that neither makes that person wrong nor right, just different, and that is precious.

It is how they address you, and share their differences of opinion that makes it matter. Treating you with the respect that you deserve, and having the maturity to accept you - differences an all, is what makes it or breaks it. When tones turn derogatory, negative, spiteful, or hateful, then it is time to revisit your assessment of that person.

True friendships are rare, and the man who can count all of his friends on one hand is rarer, indeed. To have one true friend is far better than to have 10 fair weathered friends.

Bless those that truly care for you as a person, and treat them with the respect you wish to have bestowed upon you.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

simply maybe for what people are never objective means nor reactions to, words expressions alone reveal the spirit of the person so its intentions could be somewhat visible

objective is what save anyone, wether you are reacting to something objective wrong you are not alone wrong
or wether you mean objective in wrong terms, it is the objective that is wrong first

it is very crucial to be objective the sense of hatred is much more cool from objective neutral point focus on

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by imans

actually the act of realisation that objective is bigger then you and what conclusion it assert then for your ways of dealing with that fact, makes you much more smarter and living true spirit

what is more is more living source and free, so at least it is another truly

dealing with objective perspective as a whole living other that you would respect being present is what allow you to be true certain free one detached from with your own opinions and sensible moves

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
it shows how truth is of certainty life freedom, since by recognizing objective truly you become a living free different one but truly too, so a truth is always an objective one fact freedom existing so you can be then free subject whatever you want and think about

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Like S & F for this question ! Thank you.

I'm a person that does not know hate. I can honestly say, I do not even know what it's like to hate.
Maybe this sounds crazy. I don't know.
I do get mad. really up to a point I'm really breaking stuff or hitting walls.
It only happens occasionally and I think in the last decade or so. I can keep count with one hand.

Almost always my temper is because I hurt myself or when some stupid computer game keeps on cheating on me.
I know. if it doesn't it can't win.

When I get mad to a person. I just need to sleep and the next day my anger is gone. I couldn't get mad about the same thing even if I wanted to.
It actually that me and a good friend of mine were actually fighting. We don't even know why

The next day I called him to ask if he was OK and wanted to come over. he was already on his way.
A true friend.

I do get annoyed fast and can react a little cruel straight to the point. But those who get offended usually misunderstood me and I'm always willing to explain myself.

I have had several encounters right here on ATS where someone was truly offended with something I said. Sad and If I notice it I'll send a u2u. But it would be easier if people just say so. You can avoid disagreements all together.
Doesn't work for me tho. I like hearing other perspectives.
My experience is that when you get trough their defense shield so to say. They are usually willing to talk. It works for me every time. People calm down and start talking or they just walk away when they realise they are not offending me.

Hate comes from anger and anger comes from grief. It leads to the dark side of the force. And so it is. It blinds people from the truth and they get manipulated far more easily . ( Luv Yoda by the way. )

I will respect until someone proves me they do not deserve it.
As it should be. you are innocent until proven guilty. Right ?

When I don't like someone or disagree I'll try to share my thoughts or I'll ignore or avoid situations I dislike.

People really are shocked when I reply giving a serious normal answer when they think they offended me.

It's actually mean.
Because I really enjoy those moments.

As it comes to abortion. I'm against it in principle. But I believe I'm here to tell others what to do. It is a choice from the parents and I have nothing to do with it.

People that hate you for it.... Hrrmpf
close minded and intolerant.

Tolerance is the key.

People that get offended or hate you because of your believe are living a delusion and should be educated that people just are different from each other in many ways.

I hope my thoughts add to your thread.
You're welcome.

-SK

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotAgain
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Hope so, death is the only thing I look forward to although I wouldn't take my own life.

I must of been placed on the wrong planet or something, I cannot stress how much I hate humanity. I try my best though and offer help to people, in many cases I give plenty of something I cannot have "Happiness" to somebody else. I really do try offer help, love, peace..... Although normally it all gets thrown back in my face in the long run, I have tried and tried but everything I touch turns to dust.

Guess I got so used to Negativity I am starting to like that "just to see what happens"

[edit on 18-4-2010 by NotAgain]

At least you are honest, I respect that.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ganjoa

Some great points! There are people here from all over the world and from every walk of life. There are bound to be some issues that go unresolved.

reply to post by Libertygal

What a GREAT post!
I am sorry that happened to you, but it sounds like you learned quite a bit about yourself and that's what's important.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was just discussing this with my husband and we came up with a few more reasons that probably contribute to the "hatred" (I don't know what else to call it - animosity?) that exists in discussions here.

1. On Internet chat boards, such as ATS, there exists a higher percentage of "extremists". In other words, those who have strong extreme opinions and have a high emotional attachment to their position. Therefore there's more of a chance that more people will jump on the "hate each other" bandwagon.

2. There are the assumptions that get attached to labels and hurled at the opponent. For example, the "Pro-choice" label brings on assumptions of "baby killer". The "Pro-life" label brings on assumptions of trying to push one's religion on others. The "Obama supporter" label attracts shouts of "worshipers" and "hypnotized sheeple" or whatever. Condensing another person's belief system to a simplified talking point is insulting and usually incorrect.

When in reality these assumptions don't represent the truth 99% of the time. I'm pro-choice, but I would never choose an abortion unless my life was in danger. I hate abortion. It makes me sick. But I think every woman should have the right to make the choice.

3. During the Bush Administration, there was a HUGE push of psychological warfare on the people that said, "If your not with us, you're against us". This leaves no room for disagreement. It was a deliberate ploy to divide the people and, sadly, a successful one. So people see anyone who doesn't agree with their position as "the enemy", especially about the "hot button" issues such as religion and politics, which are 2 of my favorite issues!

Thank you all for your superb input! I'm really enjoying this and learning a LOT!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by doctor j and inmate c5779

One of the basic things it teaches is that it`s not helpful to look at an arguement as a conflict where the goal is to defeat your opponent but it should be looked at as a mutual learning experience.

That's a good one,

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

The truth is, I try to be civil here, most of the time at least, but I don't always know for sure how I'm coming across.

Yea the internet is notorious for misunderstanding, some times comments just don't come accross like we entended,

Plus those of us that have been online long enough know to remember the person on the other end is human and sensitive,

I think the lack of human contact desensitizes people to the feelings of others, and sometimes I think it can carry over into everyday life.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

I had been willing to turn a blind eye to their treatment of others because it wasn't happening to *me*.

OH WOW, that was a powerful statement you just made.

When I was under attack at another forum I think the thing that hurt most was,

Friends that didn't speak up.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

You're right, and it was a bad mistake that I made in the past. I can assure that it won't happen again though, because if I see a "friend" doing that ever again, I will have to call them out on it.

I almost always step in when I see someone being attacked instead of the message, but for some reason I was blinded because they were my "friend".

I am sad I did that, sad enough that I made a positive change from it within myself.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I don't dis people, I dis ideas, and when I say dis I mean disagree.

I also wonder why people tend to get so emotional about people who have differing opinions. We all have our own minds.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by cLOUDDEAD]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

You're right, and it was a bad mistake that I made in the past. I can assure that it won't happen again though, because if I see a "friend" doing that ever again, I will have to call them out on it.

I almost always step in when I see someone being attacked instead of the message, but for some reason I was blinded because they were my "friend".

I am sad I did that, sad enough that I made a positive change from it within myself.

Internet forums are a great tool for self discovery, I learned a lot about myself, and human nature, but I lost a lot too.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join