It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Bases has or had classified Black Projects?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

I was just reviewing this thread again - classic great posts by the way.

So, is it still true the RQ-170 was built in Adelanto? Was it subcontracted to General Atomics ASI from Lockheed ADP? Am I missing something? Not being sarcastic, just curious.

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TAGBOARD

Actually I screwed up. The RQ-170 is a Lockheed project. I was trying to figure out what plane Aviation Week got an exclusive look, but I can't track it down. It might have been the Avenger.

As Dan Quayle said "To waste a mind is terrible." Now I know the location was GA in Adelanto. mostly because I never knew about that GA facility until I read the article. Then I found the address online and made it a point to do a drive by when I had the chance. Both my visit and just looking on Google Earth confirms there is no airfield at that GA facility.
34°33'52.92"N 117°27'7.76"W
But GA boxes their aircraft and trucks them around. [The USAF refers to the boxes as coffins.] I saw a truck with a few of the boxes go to Gray Butte.

Adelanto is near Southern California Logistics, which is a UAV base for AF reserves. But that doesn't rule out GA flying out of the airport. Here is the current "unmanned" NOTAM:

!HHR 04/052 ZLA AIRSPACE UNMANNED ACFT 5 NMR VCV 5400/BLW AVOIDANCE ADZD WEF 1304301430-1305060030

If you use internet tracking websites, KVCV is an interesting one to monitor. You can see the rebuilt aircraft get shakedown runs. [Route KVCV to KVCV is a good clue.] KVCV also hosts an odd tanker business.
Omega tanker
It is a private company that does tanker service for military aircraft. They has a tanker crash a few years ago.

Omega tanker crash

posted on May, 1 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by darpa999

Duke Field at Eglin AFB

That one I know for certain, but there's tons along the Florida coast.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join