It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Jumped off a cliff a few years ago, but I dont recall the Splat~!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I think of all the numbers and I look all around and I dont see any numbers....? do you...?
So, is it all a phatom...? if anything I would say. Christmas and those bills and sales caused a mild increase, and Government Job increases, but nothing of substance to say it's over - I firmly believe it isn't.
*they say there is a time of capitulation, humm. has anyone seen anything that could be taken as capitulation...?

I do know the rules: What ever industry leads you into a depression will lead you out of it. that rule appears to be a bullish signal since Technology lead us in, it appears to be coming back to life. Lose you opinion not your cash.
let your winners run and cut you losers short.

so, I lost my opion and not my cash - but I got to tell you - it dont feel right.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

Wow, that was a really cool video. I agree that the government is spending too much. But what else could they do? If they don't bailout then it can have the same results as the Great Depression. The Hoover administration decided that it should be left alone, and it would get better over time, that didn't work out. The best thing to do at this time, would probably be to create new jobs.

Also, the United States of America should probably start supporting its own companies, and only the companies that give jobs to Americans. There are a lot of American companies that build factories in foreign countries, because the labor is cheaper.
That's just crap. It not only affects us here, but those who are working in those factories. They have to deal with the long hours, and low pay because they can't complain. It's all just bullsh#t.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
here watch these, study these and then read your comment.
2nd line

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I have no problem with government spending if it is targeted toward the people. They had an expert back when the housing bubble collapsed that said the TARP bailout monies could pay for nearly all mortgages in the US. So the expert had a plan I thought was relevant, but alas it would not become policy as it would only correct the problem not make any money off the problem. The solution was.

Offer all homeowners equally a chance to refinance at 3% under a federal loan program that is repayed over 40 or 50 years. Use the TARP monies to buy the houses from the banks, thereby alleviating their debt load. Most people that buy homes move or sell their home within 10 years so the banks can get back in the game once their stuff was in order.

Apparently that makes too much sense and they would have rather paid the bankers directly with public monies.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The Japanese Invented the 100 year Mortgage. during their real estate debacle. and it never dawned on anyone - humans dont live long enough to pay the mortgage off.

you are right. they could have bought every single mortgage on every single house in America. it was a 2 trillion $ problem - that cost us over what 11 trillion and counting - because they haven't fix a single thing yet.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

And the worse part is that none of their fixes has done a thing, except put money into the banks hands. 100 year mortgage sounds awesome lol.

new topics

top topics

join