It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insurance Companies Hold Billions In Fast Food Stock

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The fast-food industry has long been under fire for selling high-fat, high-calorie meals that have been linked to weight gain and diabetes, but the financial health of the industry continues to attract investors -- including some of the leading insurance companies in the U.S., a new study reports.

According to Harvard Medical School researchers, 11 large companies that offer life, disability, or health insurance owned about $1.9 billion in stock in the five largest fast-food companies as of June 2009.

just thought i would put this one to you all, whats your thoughts on this? Also how long before we all wake up and realise that we are all being played here?
blacklistednews.com...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

[edit on 18/4/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Gotta love it. It just goes to show that that the bottom line for any industry is profit, nothing more, and if you want to do something right (such as getting healthy) you have to do it for yourself. Relying on anyone for your health or well-being is putting your life in someone else's hands, which I am never willing to do again. Not even doctor's hands, because the health care system is totally corrupt. (I know this, because I was in it for 17 years and just left it this year.)

You can't trust any information that comes from within the health care industry, because all the "medical information" these days comes from the pharmaceutical industry, handed down to medical, pharmacy, and veterinary schools via "educational grants."

The human body is an amazing organism that has the capacity to heal itself, but it must be given pure food and water in order for that self-healing to happen. All the chemicals we are putting into our body (via processed and fast foods) are killing us, and preventing our bodies from regenerating and healing.

I recently read a book that talked about how all the additives that added to the "food" we eat these days are causing obesity and food addiction, disease and auto-immune diseases. It immediately triggered me to start eating a raw vegan diet.

I tried a raw food-vegan diet about six months ago and only lasted a month on it...but I wasn't as angry as I am now, and I wasn't as determined as I am now. I felt, back then, that I was depriving myself of the tasty foods, but the truth is, once you realize what really makes those "tasty foods" tasty, you realize it's just chemicals, and not real food.

It all started when my dog got deathly ill from vaccinations, and all the vets refused to admit it was caused by the vaccinations. (We finally had to put her down 2 days ago, 3 weeks after her vaccinations were given. Every day, she got worse, and worse, until finally she couldn't eat, drink, get up or down, and she could only walk sideways.) None of the vets would admit the vaccinations were the cause of her illness, despite the fact she was fine before the vaccinations.

Well, that did it. I realized right then and there that I am done listening to the so-called experts in our society about what is safe, and bout what is recommended. From now on, my motto is: "If it came from the earth, it's safe. If it came from man, it's not. End of discussion."

I've already noticed my clothes are looser, and I've only been eating raw for about 5 days. (I haven't been eating 100% raw, because I've been on vacation with my friends, so i've also had some bread with my salads, and some beers.)

My friends were all amazed that I ate salads for all my meals. They thought I have been showing amazing discipline, but the truth is, when you know what you want in life (to not poison yourself anymore, and to have a healthy, slim body, the way nature intended), it's not discipline.....it's simply eating in a way to achieve what you truly desire. It's simply eating the way nature intended.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by nikiano]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Don't they also own shares in tobacco companies?

Don't have any proof but it wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
And you know how much corporate money flows into Harvard Medical School? I'm sure the local food courts at Harvard serve pizza hut, Mcdonalds, soft drinks etc. Who are they to talk and point fingers. The sad fact is everything in this world is one big racket. Especially in America. Higher education is as corrupt as any corporation or insurance company.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

with all the big institutions invested heavily in the fast food enterprises...
just watch to see if / when those fast food suppliers are considered private/secret information,,,

because whats likely to happen is that some of those Chinese pseudo-capitalists will be the ones supplying french fries & fish/meat patties and frozed buns to the American fast food giants---and the big institutional investors will make dang sure that info does not get made public.

theres lots of other points that one can make, but hey, that's democracy & capitalism at its sleezy worst instead of its (very attainable) high standard apex

new topics

top topics

join