It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two strange British UFO occupant reports.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Two very strange UFO occupant reports taken from the 1977 English documentary 'Out Of This World' - the first one involves a lady and her two sons witnessing a UFO (and occupants) over her house in Staffordshire, 1954 and the second video features testimony from a couple in Winchester who state their vehicle was forced off the road before encountering occupants from a strange cigar shaped object in 1976.

Staffordshire, England, October, 1954.

Reports of very close sightings of discoid UFOs with transparent domes, with "human-looking" UFO-occupants, include Mrs.Roestenberg, age 29 at the time, and her two sons over her home near Ranton, Staffordshire, England in Oct-1954

Winchester, England, November 1976.

On 14th November 1976 about 9.00pm near Winchester, Joyce Bowles and Ted Pratt were driving down the A272 when the car started to jolt and shake, and then veered off the road into a grass verge by the roadside. The car was subject to electrical interference as the engine roared, and the lights seemed to be shine brighter than normal. They spotted what appeared to be a cigar shaped craft with three entities behind a window in the object. As they watched a bearded humanoid wearing a silver suit came out of the object, walked to the car and looked in on the occupants. He then disappeared and the couple were able to drive off.

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I very much enjoyed those videos and would love to see more. I think it's interesting to see the viewpoints of those from an age which was less media savvy.

Both women were absolutely beleivable in their descriptions of what had happened - and at that time (I remember it!), it was very much stepping outside the norm to broadcast experiences like that.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The first video i feel is an amazing genuine account of what that woman saw. She truely believes what she saw and when she stumbles in her account i dont think she is making things up but rather just trying to put into words an event that is truely extraordinary...s+f

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Both reports sound incredibly genuine. Like all reports though I wish more information was forthcoming. This is the nature of this subject so I take what I can get.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Frith]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Karl 12.....

As always, I thank you for posting such interesting material.

I have read previously regarding the 1st case, but not the 2nd case.

Do you have any info regarding more mundane explanations for what occurred?

Do you have any info regarding any investigations into the credibilty of the witnesses?

Do you know if the witnesses made later statements in the media about these incidents

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies -there's not much else out there I could find on these two cases and it appears the testimonies have to be taken at face value as, apart from the claims of electromagnetic interference and physiological effects, there's no other corroborating evidence like ground trace evidence or independent witnesses to take into account.

I do agree that both the ladies interviewed sound very sincere and actualy believe what they are saying to be the truth - there's a short description of Jessie Roestenberg's encounter below but I couldn't find out any further info on the Winchester case - the full documentary is quite a good one and I also thought this interview with British diplomat Gordon Creighton was pretty darn interesting.

Jessie Roestenberg's close encounter - 1954

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9d0976443fe7.jpg[/atsimg]

*Photo Copyright - John Hanson 2006, Haunted Skies-Volume One photo by David Sankey*

Because long distance sightings, or encounters of the first kind, are prone to erroneous interpretations, the episode moves on to some darker accounts where people claim to have had a close encounter of the third kind.That is the case of Mrs. Jesse Roesternberg, living in a farmhouse in Staffordshire at the time of the event. On the 21st of October, 1954, just as she was tidying herself up she heard a loud noise she described as that of a “giant cauldron of water poured on a hot fire”. She took her children to the front garden and they all observed, in awe, what Mrs. Roestenberg identified as a craft with the size of 60ft/18m, approximately, like a “huge Mexican hat”. She also observed that from within it were beautiful people with long blond hair and vivid blue suits, staring at her. As a reaction to her disbelief, she then looked at her children and asked if they too were seeing it: on that same instant, as she looked back, the craft had circled the farm two times and then vanished as it ascended the sky.

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]
edit on 4-4-2012 by Springer because: Add photg credit

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Regarding the second video, very interesting & I think I've got a location for the sighting.

Google Earth coordinates... 51.059099,-1.28192 (check out the streetview)

Google Maps link HERE

It's actually on the A31 & they turn into Kings lane (not Chilcomb lane as mentioned in the video) which leads to Chilcomb.

The land approximately 0.5miles South of the grass verge where the sighting took place I believe belongs to the MOD & is used as a firing range but not sure what it was in 1976.

The grass verge where the sighting took place has long gone & now bushes grow where the car stopped but looking on streetview the left turn & the road after the turn looks like a match.

Just for reference the Alien Face Crop Circle was discovered HERE

Google Earth Coordinates... 51.063807,-1.362081

Approximately 3.5miles West of the sighting.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by chillpill
Both women were absolutely beleivable in their descriptions of what had happened - and at that time (I remember it!), it was very much stepping outside the norm to broadcast experiences like that.

Chillpill, you're not wrong about it being a pretty groundbreaking documentary for its time - some of the testimony is very interesting indeed and it may be a coincedence but there was a huge number of occupant reports coming in from France around the same time as Jessie Roestenberg's sighting - just look at all the reports for October:

The 1954 French flap

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Nice one karl...

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Gordon Creighton’s obituary from the Times, 16th August 2003. An extremely well educated and erudite person with first hand experience of high level diplomatic dealings.

He said that on one occasion President Eisenhower’s whereabouts for several hours were kept secret. The President, Creighton said, had been called to an airbase where an alien craft was hovering, but had insisted that the incident should never be made public..

You know it was slightly sad watching that whole documentary. it confirms that many of those who really have studied the subject understood the following about it. That the objects more liable to be from * another reality* than strictly extra-terrestrial as most understand the phrase. Plus that, many sightings seem to have an element whereby, the person's own expectations of what it would be like were met. That is, a suggestion that , at least part of the interaction between them and us, was a *planted memory*.

I think it is really worth while noticing just how people's experiences have changed over the last 60 years. As we have become more open and accepting that, their might be other intelligences in our creation aside from us. The experiences have become more distant and less personal, but the frequency, if anything, has increased. Plus, as confidence in *the powers that be* on our own world has ebbed away, there has been less interaction. Could this be, in part, because it it harder to plant these sort of *benign* thoughts into our subconscious, than it was 50-60 years ago?

What if, virtually the whole abduction phenomenon is merely "projected experiences", into people's brains as they sleep? What if, by the late 70s the research was reaching a point where, many of us and i include myself in this, were beginning to unravel exactly what was going on and the whole abduction thing was instituted to deflect us down another path and watch us waste endless hours chasing something that. Only happened to a few individuals, for real, but had been implanted in many many others as a false memory?

Maybe, when we listen to the witnesses in these videos Karl has posted, we chortle to ourselves at how "incredibly naive* they seem to be. Yet, truth is, we were very like that. only a short time ago, about our universe.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Found some more information on the second video...

Six weeks later, Mrs Bowles and Mr Pratt were driving along the same route when a weird orange glow appeared in the sky. They suddenly found themselves in a strange room occupied by three tall humanoids. The humanoids were speaking in an unknown language and kept saying the word "mi-ee-ga".

The rest of the story HERE

I don't know how credible the above site is but according to it Joyce Bowles has had 4 encounters altogether.

The 1st was in 1976 with Ted Pratt as a witness (covered in the second video Karl posted).

The 2nd was six weeks later driving along the same route again with Ted Pratt as a witness.

The third occurred on March 7 1977 whist driving down a country lane with her friend Ann Strickland.

The fourth & final encounter occurred in June 1977 & again Ted Pratt was a witness.

"They had sandy hair and were wearing dull metallic suits," he recalled. "They said something about trying to help mankind - something about war. They said they were scared Man would destroy himself and pollute the atmosphere.

Interestingly later in the same year, on the 26 November 1977, the local ITV evening news broadcast audio was overridden for several minutes.

Southern Television broadcast interruption hoax

An awful lot of strange things happened in & around this area but I wonder what was real, what was a hoax & what could have been attempts to discredit any real experiences.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing. Ours or theirs?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Thanks for the great find!

In my opinion, I found the first video to sound more believe, but both of them still sounded like true stories not some made up ones. Only thing that bothers me with all theses sightings is that when its time to go for the aliens, they just "vanish". Why cant they just appear right in front of you out of thin air..or maybe when they just vanish, they turn their cameras on, turn their cloaking abilities on, and video tape the reactions, and broadcast them at home..kinda like the show "Just for Laughs"
they could be just bored, you never know

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Thanks again for sharing Karl.

As a resident of the British Isles I find it interesting and actually quite comforting that these "Nordic" aliens appear time and again in descriptions of UFO occupants sighted here; I personally would much rather come face to face with one of these aliens (assuming that is what they are) than the small grey ones commonly reported in North American encounters.

I wonder if there is a connection between these Nordic aliens and crop circles, other than them both being commonly reported in the UK that is. I remember last summer there was a report in the newspapers that a police officer had spotted Nordic aliens in the vicinity of a crop circle so perhaps the two are related after all?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Nice one karl...

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Plus that, many sightings seem to have an element whereby, the person's own expectations of what it would be like were met. That is, a suggestion that , at least part of the interaction between them and us, was a *planted memory*.

I beg to differ to some degree. It is more complex than that. "Planted memories" goes hand in hand with planted, duties, tasks, actions and ideologies.

There is a whole literature of Earth humans seemingly interacting with UFO humans, usually if not always, they looked like beautiful humans. Nordic blondes as a rule. Basically, an ideal scenerio, wouldn't you say to avoid instant digust or total fear?

So we had initial contact with non-threatening beautiful humans. Still, the first woman hide under the table, but that was the extent of her fright. She had confronted a scary, unknown aerial object--but this was only 10 years after WWII when she had obviously experienced some degree of frightful things. Yet we can say this was a "warm and fuzzy encounter" to the best it could be. In the other case the woman and her friend probably reacted far less than if the "man" had been an escaped gorilla. Note that in a casual way the fellow drapes his arm on the roof as would a familiar friend stopping for a chat.

We can wonder if that period, with the multiple human-like cases in the literature that are frequently totally disbelieved within the last several decades, was simply a staged events such as them all, a mild introduction to unearthly visitors that just happened to look human. Ask yourself: What was the purpose of either of these events. Answer: Being seen and getting chummy with the locals.

From there over the decades, we have moved to small humanoids. Actually, the LGM, the Little Green Men of UFOs started appearing also about that time. We now call them greys. Perhaps they saw no great reason to keep up the human-like charade.

Is that the final stage of presentations to us, or is there another stage--that we have heard about occasionally over the decades where the looks and even the smell of the apparent ETs sends people into extreme hysteria?

Someone said once: "Nothing is as it seems," and that certainly applies to UFOs. Because they have the ability to MAKE things look as they seem. And that is scarier that a real slime blob with tentacles and one big eye. Well, almost.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I know I'm gonna sound crazy but this really sent chills down my spine, made an account just to post this.
I've had this reacurring dream where I'd go out to my back yard at night and I'd see this Saucer over the house exactly like she described, like a metallic disc with a see through dome ontop but it was in a way to where it was directly parallel facing me and I could clearly see occupants inside... and everytime it always felt so real.
Not to sound more crazy but maybe they're trying to prepare us through our dreams or something?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
good thread interesting !

there are 2 thing that i find interesting
billy meier and his contact sightings at it peak during this time in 1975-77
as the same description as both women said in the videos of this thread

1 blond hair long , jumpsuit like silvery ,or light blue ! billy describes the same thing of the Pleiaden's

source links
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.youtube.com...

2 sombrero like Ufo Shape billy meiers sports model
alchemicalkey.blogspot.com...

On March 7 1977, Mrs Bowles was driving down a country road with her friend Ann Strickland when once again her car coasted to a halt. "We both got out of the car, then we saw this oval shape glowing luminously making a humming sound,

source
graylien.110mb.com...

humming sound
links
A documentary investigating the enigmatic humming sound that has reportedly been heard by residents in the south west of England, particularly those in Bristol and western Cornwall.

vimeo.com...

( this is very interesting sound magnetic sound pulse )! Take a look or could be duped to a hoax ?

personally to me it sort of sounds like Star Tech Transporter Beam ..

Star Trek Sound Effects - Materialization
www.youtube.com...

Star Trek Sound Effects - Enterprise Bridge Sequence
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

this sound here is almost exactly the sound of the Billys Beem ships
the Alien planet surface
n slow mo speed this up and what would you hear ?

Star Trek Sound Effects - Alien Planet Surface
www.youtube.com...

Billy Meier's UFO sound
www.youtube.com...

who knows, could be the real deal

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Wolfenz]

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

wow creepy

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Very interesting. I had read about the first one previously, but the second one is new to me.

S&F.

Just to add, 14th November 1976 is my sister's exact birth date. I always suspected something there...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I wanna see more of that! Thats is some great stuff.

TY for posting that.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Great stuff.

I'd love to know if the women are still alive and to hear from them again.

I wonder what's become of the 2 Staffordshire children - i imagine they'd be around 40 now. Had the visitors come to see them them?! What an amazing start to life...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join