It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Taken Aback by Obama 'Superpower' Remark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6913cecf06e7.jpg[/atsimg]

Sarah Palin criticized President Barack Obama on Saturday for saying America is a military superpower "whether we like it or not," saying she was taken aback by his comment.

"I would hope that our leaders in Washington, D.C., understand we like to be a dominant superpower," the former Alaska governor said. "I don't understand a world view where we have to question whether we like it or not that America is powerful."

The Republican criticized Obama throughout her speech — for a healthcare overhaul that she says won't work, for the increase in the national deficit and for disagreeing with Israeli policies.

Source: newsmax.com...

At least, as a Conservative, she has the Ba--s to say something about what many people preceive as a bad Predisdent and his administration & the willingness to try and change it. No wonder people flock to see her. [Yes the article indicates 1,100-it was a private fundraiser for scholarships-relax]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55caf5f8ff8a.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce495b4c3aa9.jpg[/atsimg]

She is not to be underestimated. I am sure a bunch of bashing trolls will stop in but no matter what you say, she can attracted many many VOTERS. She just maybe the downfall of the Dem Party in Nov. and 2012.

And she making good money doing it. Only in America.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4cf1a2f17bf9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Sure she's popular now at speeches where she doesn't really need to say ANTYHING other than what people want to hear.

However, on the campaign trail as seen in 2008, she's completely useless, and even Palin supporters can't deny that. Had she been effective as the GOP wanted, they would have won.

They didn't. Epic Fail.

Sarah, I'm sure is "taken aback" by most things that most people say, probably always left wondering "what did that mean". While her assistants rush to google the phrase.

Let her run in 2012, I'm sure Obama would LOVE to debate her as the Presidential Candidate. It would be like stealing candy from a baby.

I think she's confused " Dominant Superpower" with positive and constructive leadership. Which the US does not do right now.

As it stands she is supporting the idea that the US gets to do whatever it wants, to anybody without worrying about what laws it's breaking or whose freedoms are being removed.

Keep flappin' your trap Sarah. Meanwhile your reality series is never going to see a full season...

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Yes, her making good money off of speeches where she supposedly wants to grab the hearts of Americans, not their wallets?

Among the perks laid out in the contract, the former Alaska governor will fly first class from Anchorage to California — if she flies commercial. If not, “the private aircraft MUST BE a Lear 60 or larger …,” the contract specifies. Palin also must be provided with a suite and two single rooms in a deluxe hotel near the campus in Turlock in the Central Valley. During her speech, her lectern must be stocked with two water bottles and bendable straws. The document, dated March 16, does not include compensation details for Palin, who commands speaking fees as high as $100,000. Her appearance at the university gala is expected to draw a large crowd, with tickets selling for $500 each. Read more: www.sdnn.com...

www.sdnn.com... iego/2010-04-13/politics-city-county-government/california-students-find-palin-contract-in-trash

Ah, yes she does it solely for grasping at American values..not

I mean, I know she should be making a reasonable amount of money, but for the conditions in which she will make appearances, seem way over reasonable...

This should be Palin's slogan "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous FTW"

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

wow, i always tried to hold judgement on palin, i thought the press gave her a hard time over things and made people think she is stupid.

but after this story, im 100% sure in my self that she Is in fact a complete idiot!

how can the comment from the PRESIDENT, of AMERICA which says that AMERICA is a millitary superpower ! - WHICH IS SO BLATENYLY IS (like it or not) , shock her?? Really....??

REALLY ???

and people back her?? WOW!

edit .. ps .. @Koolcdj69 - star for the mcloving avatar! hahaha every time i see it im gonna star it!

[edit on 18-4-2010 by boaby_phet]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I think Palin is dumber than a toilet seat, but on the other hand I was angered by Obama's statement and other rather blatant moves towards NWO-style globalization he's intimated in various speeches.

However, in the end the whole thing is a moot point because whichever puppet happens to sit in the white house matters very little. It's the lobbyists, banksters, Federal Reserve, and other TPTB-types that should attract attention, not the Teleprompter-in-Chief.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I'm completely baffled how anyone can still support her or even take her seriously after this:

All politicians make gaffes & dumb comments but this is far, far beyond that.
It demonstrates a clear lack of rational, coherent thinking.

This is why the media has given her a "hard time"

Because when you aspire to one of the highest offices in the country,
your mental capacities damn well better be above average.
Palins aren't. Not by a long shot.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by MrVertigo]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
External Quote From Wiki

17:4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth [King James Version; the New International Version Bible uses "hills" instead of "mountains"].
17:10 And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.
17:11 And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goeth into perdition.
17:12 And the ten horns which thou saw are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

—Revelation 17:4-18 (various)

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
However, on the campaign trail as seen in 2008, she's completely useless, and even Palin supporters can't deny that. Had she been effective as the GOP wanted, they would have won.

Not even Superstar Sarah Palin could overcome the extreme embarrassment that was John McCain.

The TEA Party movement started not just because of Democrat misdeeds. Republicans like John McCain had a huge effect on the movement also.

Obama would not have made the "like it or not" statement if he didn't like the fact that we are a superpower. It seems his redistribution of wealth not only applies to American citizens, but across the world countries as well.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Carseller4]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

What???

This is a thread about Palin....think you're confused.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
There's really no meat and potatoes to anything she ever says. When asked about her policies she just regurgitates the standard republican philosophy on any topic. I'd rather have dubya back in office than her, he is stupid, but at least funny with his stupidness. Her stupidity makes me cringe.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
she's better than you say...i can spot your errors easily. about obamas comment...it needed a busting

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

You are saying that the whore of Babylon is Sarah Palin? What are you smoking? Pass it along...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
@tothetenthpower
"Keep flappin' your trap Sarah. Meanwhile your reality series is never going to see a full season..."

I would think that even hearing the gravity of the words "superpower", would have thrown her into a full blown panic attack.

This woman, has she any sense at all, knows in her heart she is incompetent to lead a world's "superpower". The very thought of it should terrify her.

edit: forgot quotation marks.

[edit on 4/18/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Palin is the worst thing that could happen to the conservative movement, particularly if she goes for a presidential run. Sure, it may be fun to have a "MILF" type read off the most basic of conservative rhetoric but in the end she has very ineffective political intellect. If the republicans do something stupid (imagine that) like endorse her for a presidential run, Obama will certainly be a two term president.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
@tothetenthpower
Keep flappin' your trap Sarah. Meanwhile your reality series is never going to see a full season...

I would think that even hearing the gravity of the words "superpower", would have thrown her into a full blown panic attack.

This woman, has she any sense at all, knows in her heart she is incompetent to lead a world's "superpower". The very thought of it should terrify her.

I disagree. I firmly believe that Sarah Paling believes every word of what she says and has every intention of running a full race. Confident in her abilities.

THAT is the scary part.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Ah, the Alaskan Quitter - what a role model for children. At least if this stupid twit is ever elected to any other governmental position, we won't have to worry that her stupidity and lack of intelligence will prove a disaster for too long - she'll resign half way through her first term to make money.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

If this is case, and it may very well be
, it is in fact more frightening.

She is the example of one who doesn't know enough to know how much they don't know.

Aaarg. People like that are so closed-minded and difficult.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by tothetenthpower

If this is case, and it may very well be
, it is in fact more frightening.

She is the example of one who doesn't know enough to know how much they don't know.

Aaarg. People like that are so closed-minded and difficult.

Funny your Signature applies in this case eh? lol

Yup, and it's not even the closed mindness that bothers me so much as the ammount of influence somebody of her meager intelligence, and I'm being nice about it, can project onto mass ammounts of people.

~Keeper

[edit on 4/18/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Koolcdj69

Using the fact that she makes money is such a lame argument. Does our President represent us for free and does so only to defend what is right? Do our Congressmen, that already draw a nice salary, also get paid to speak at various functions?

How about Former President Clinton? Not only does he get a lifetime salary, security detail forever, but so does his wife draw a nice salary. Despite all of this, he still rakes in tons of cash speaking at places. If anything, one would think he would be in a position to turn down the money since he already is set for life!!

The fact that she is speaking her mind and profiting from it means more power to her. Frankly, I can't stand the woman. However, even I can recognize that she is capitalizing on one of the great things about America -- doing what you love and making a dime while doing it!

Seriously....if she does all of this for "free", and never wins another election despite running, how much money do you think she can then get paid?

She's being very smart to get what she can now since she knows it may not last.

new topics

top topics

join