It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just saw the Hubble Telescope IMAX 3D Movie: worth every penny (2 ways)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Took the family to see the Hubble Imax 3D movie and when I wrote it was worth every penny-I didn't just mean the admission price (for 5 people!) but more for the Hubble program. The movie has changed my life (thinking) forever-about everything. I won't bore you with that, but trust me, you don't come out the way you go in (mentally).

Prior to ATS I thought the Hubble idea really wasn't all that much (I was younger then) but thankfully the program was able to get up and running. And, of course, the subsequent needed repairs. And the repairs is what the movie is about-move mostly focused on the last one.

This picture says a million things about us humans. Look at it. Take every thing in the picture that is man-made that got those two men in those suits and to where they are! Over 10,000 people made this happen (movie claim). And look what those repairs allowed to happen (2 examples only):

(none of these shots were seen in the movie)

As far as Space Exploration, we must continue. I see it from two different angles-depending on the mood.:
1: If we humans are the only ones in this Universe-what a shame. However, that demands of us then to be the ones who head into Space to explore, learn and expand.
2: If we humans aren't the only ones in this Universe-Wow. Then it is our duty to reach out to them and become a part of something much bigger than ourselves. To teach, to learn and to expand as a race.

With either one, you can't help but feel that we are very miniscual in the big picture. But, you can't help but feel we are an important & special part in the big picture.

This movie also changed me drastically on the UFO/Aliens Front. I joined ATS because to wanting to believe and seeking help finding the truth-which has occurred.

The most major change is in my thinking that if they do exist, they apparently aren't here to harm us (not yet anyway). If anything, maybe life started on Earth so long ago we can hardly conceive but that life headed into space-to teach and expand US. That is why they keep coming back here.

Why else-with such a big universe with billions and billions of stars with potential life substaining planets-would they keep coming back here to Earth? (I know someone is typing: Because we taste good!). Seriously, why come back to deal with us crazy humans-if they can get here they don't need to be interacting with us like they allegedly have been-unless, there isn't much out there? Maybe?

The other side of the coin is they are here to help us-learning and expand. Maybe to bring us up to speed. Or they are God and angles watching over us. I could go on and on. Just like the movie, I could have sat there, with those 3d glasses on, All Day!. As I said, worth every penny to get in and worth every penny we spend on Space Exploration! I wish I would have gotten into all of this when I was younger.

I kinda lost tract of where I was going but please, trust me, take your loved ones to see it and you U2U me if this movie doesn't change you-for the better. I bet I don't get one U2U.

MODS-Please move if in the wrong forum area.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
What sort of things does the film explain or show you then?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Lee_K

I'm sorry, I meant to add that I didn't want to say a lot about the movie to ruin it for anyone.

What I can say is (and I am not being disingenous):
1: Them gearing up to liftoff-from the "locker room" to take off.
2: Takeoff-WOW-in 3D and surrond sound!!! (which by the way-I remember ATS member Kinda Kurious saying he was at launches-filming I believe/up close. I wonder if he has footage he could share?)
3: Grabbing Hubble-amazing feat in itself.
4: Doing the repairs etc
5: Turing Hubble back on
6: Results and explainations-to as far as the thing can see-in 3D and some infrared!
7: Potentially leaving 15 years old males to say: I thnk the human race is like a bacteria on a huge host (hes got bio this year)-we are nothing compared to the universe.
8: Resulting in the viiewers begining long debates about Life.
Enjoy

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I forgot to mention that not all IMAX theaters are playing Hubble 3D. You may have to search around or wait.

For the Harrisburg PA area folks-it is at the Whitaker Educations and Ats Center-downtown. Showtimes daily 12-2-4 & 7. I think the tickets were 9.95 each (adults).

We are going to go again (we work near there)-so let me know if you area. They have a Whale and Dolphin one coming up that looks intesting also.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Man, I would love to see it. Unfortunately I don't think we have an Imax here in North Dakota.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Agreed! Awesome movie! I recommend anyone who can to go see it before it's gone. A little on the short side like most Imax docu's but worth every penny. The 3D is the best I have ever seen! Seriously, it puts you right in the middle of the action.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
As far as Space Exploration, we must continue. I see it from two different angles-depending on the mood.:
1: If we humans are the only ones in this Universe-what a shame. However, that demands of us then to be the ones who head into Space to explore, learn and expand.
2: If we humans aren't the only ones in this Universe-Wow. Then it is our duty to reach out to them and become a part of something much bigger than ourselves. To teach, to learn and to expand as a race.

With either one, you can't help but feel that we are very miniscual in the big picture. But, you can't help but feel we are an important & special part in the big picture.

A greater understanding of the universe makes you really wonder just how important local politics is and how much you're being taxed matters on the grand scale of things.

Carl Sagan's 'Cosmos' series changed my life in a similiar way. As did his 'Pale Blue Dot' commentary.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

I have never heard/seen of it: Pale Blue Dot. The title alone is interesting and, or course, Sagan....

Thank you for that one. I will check it out.

Yes, i understand what you are saying about the taxes and how it all works together-working towards our nations goals.

I sure hope NASA and/or Obama have some secret plan going on with the Space Program because it is a little hard to swallow that we have to be hitching rides w/ Russia (and anyone else) as our Shuttle Program is almost ready to be canned. After seeing this movie it made me wonder how ending the shuttles, with not back up or follow up, is helping us-as a country.

I want to believe that we have gotten something in the workds already that elimiates the "Old School" way of doing things-like the Black Triangles or UFO's that is our own-just not disclosed yet. Something...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Wikipedia article on Pale Blue Dot

Originally posted by anon72
I sure hope NASA and/or Obama have some secret plan going on with the Space Program because it is a little hard to swallow that we have to be hitching rides w/ Russia (and anyone else) as our Shuttle Program is almost ready to be canned.

I would really appreciate it if you'd read the article above and then reflect on your statement. It doesn't matter who hitches a ride with who, the important thing is that we're going.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The cinema is so expensive these days, hopefully it will come to TV...

Brave.

new topics

top topics

join