It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope: Church will protect young from abuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Pope: Church will protect young from abuse

www.msnbc.msn.com

VALLETTA, Malta - Pope Benedict XVI met with a group of clerical abuse victims on Sunday and promised them the church would do everything in its power to bring justice to victims and protect young people in the future.

The Vatican said Benedict expressed his shame and sorrow at the pain the men and their families suffered and prayed with them during the meeting at the Vatican's embassy in Malta.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
So he's finally started to say something about this scandal.

He prayed with them and assured them that the Church is doing, and will continue to do, all in its power to investigate allegations, to bring to justice those responsible for abuse and to implement effective measures designed to safeguard young people in the future," a Vatican statement said.

I wonder how long exactly that will take? A road to redemption for the church? Or just blowing kisses in order to distract us from their inaction?

Will anybody get the ax?

~Keeper

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/18/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The sad thing is that how many of these allegations actually get attention from church officials?

Part of the problem is that coverups begin at a local level, never to be heard of at the vatican.

Wasn't there a hotline not too long ago that was flooded with so many calls, that a lot of them went unanswered?

How sweet that he "prayed" with all them! No mention of the pope whipping out his wallet and handing over enough cash to cover the mental counseling these people will need for the rest of their lives, and their loved ones, too!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
m from Malta, and from what i heard here, the Pope's surrounding officials first refused the meeting and sent a message the trip was planned and running out of schedule, the Pope got knowledge of it and insisted to meet the victims personally.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Of course it will, just like these special super high tar cigarettes I'm selling actually prevent lung cancer and the 'see-through' children's trousers I'm about to launch will similarly deter paedophiles whether they're ecclesiastical or not.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
okay, simple, no kids in Church

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I admire the amount of faith it must take to continue to let the fox guard the henhouse.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
this pr move by his unholiness is a joke at best. he knew back in 1985 and did nothing. his inaction (sin) can't and or will not be forgiven he should step down. he is just as guilty as the ones that abused those children. he is no saint more like a demon......

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Sure they will help the kids, jsut as theyve done for centurys

Heres an interesting case...this goes back to the 1500's in france i belive. A Bishop, known as the Barron. HE lured kids, those with the blueist eyes and blondest hair into a catholic church basement. Hed sit on them till they stopped breeathing, amsturbat eon them while they lay suffocating on them, eat thier inards sometimes, hang them from hooks off the walls, have sex with them before and after death. crazy presit! i read a little about him, and his statement was, he took great delite in torturing them.
That was a bishop! Le us not forget nearing the end of WWII in Europe, a pope who was a nazi sympathizer, helped mnay escape to freedom throught he vatican. along with all these sex scandals make one wonder.
It only seems to be in the catholic religion, something like this happens. Muslim men by law, have the right to take sex without consent and/or beat stone her to this day. Just a quick comparison, but at least, its not underage teen boys being looked at as personal meat for sex*

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Ziggy to condemn a entire organization, upon the acts of a few, which holds the records of not only Western Civilization but that which has a direct reflection upon your world view is illogical.

Look at another structure of Western civilization...the common family. In our society, overall, we view the family as a dad, mum, sister, brother.

Now lets say we had a demoniacal monster dad..lol..do we then dissolve/condemn all family's set up in the same structure.

Of course not. It would be a form of suicide of our society.

For example maybe we should not allow kids in Cub Scouts or Girl Scouts because a lot of Scout leaders are pedos.

Or maybe we should dissolve the US military because a lot of them are monstrous human beings.

Maybe we should dissolve all of mankind because we all belong to a society which "hides" monsters.

Maybe all police should be dissolved because the very nature of "being a policeman" is a power trip and it attracts monsters.

The priesthood attracts monsters in the same way a police force, military, government, all Protestant churches attracts monsters.

Why?

It attracts human beings who want to hide their "weakness" behind authority.

All authority is given by God...authority is being stripped from the Catholic Church in light of these monster priests.

Now let us look at authority.

Authority is a organic force. It is a living archetype.

People. humans give authority to others because the evolutionary structure of mankind has shown that if we act in/within a herd/tribal societal structure we have a better chance of survival.

It also allows various pursuits as we can then organize around the structure allowing the structure to grow/survive/evolve as the members within the societal structure grow/survive/evolve.

It sets up what can be considerd a virtous or a visous cycle depending upon the age/environment of/in/around the socieatal structure.

Step back from the froth of mankind and try to observe the various entity's of power we have constructed in Western society.

Examine the leadership and the secrecy behind these structures.

I need to do the same again. lol

I guess that what we try to do on these boards.

But to demolish these structures we are demolishing ourselves.

It does not matter if the structure is the Church, the cub scouts, little league baseball etc if we dissolve these structures we are dissolving parts of Western civilization.

We need to take responsibility and clean out the leadership whom are guilty.

Yet even this demonstrates how lazy we get as humans...we allow others to raise our kids...and we do not investigate those who are in position of authority over our kids.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Well that's alright then!

After all, the church has not only done such a stellar job of protecting the young and innocent, but of protecting the pedophile priests and covering it up too.

In most countries, kiddie fiddling is a crime and offenders are tagged as sex offenders and do hard time, and rightly so.
Yet the church seems to think it should get a free ride on this, and they'll sort it out internally. Sorry, a crime is a crime, no matter who is commiting it and no amount of praying and asking forgiveness from their god should trump criminal charges.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

solution is simple, warning on every church(or on every priest) that they can cause harm and damage to your mental health(something like on cigarettes and alcohol) and 18/21 years of age to enter.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Sakinko]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
reply to post by ziggy1706

The priesthood attracts monsters in the same way a police force, military, government, all Protestant churches attracts monsters.

While I agree with your post, I honestly can't think of any instances where Protestant churches have actively shielded child rapists, especially on such a grand scale.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Stable Doors & Bolting Horses ...

Woody

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
Of course it will, just like these special super high tar cigarettes I'm selling actually prevent lung cancer and the 'see-through' children's trousers I'm about to launch will similarly deter paedophiles whether they're ecclesiastical or not.

ROTFL, if I'd been drinking my key board and monitor would've been wet.

So saying it's a start in the right direction, I hope the true depths of this scandal get investigated and appropriate actions taken, the exposure and public pressure will hopefully force huge changes.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Any parents who take their children to church should have their kids taken away by CPS for child endangerment.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by warisover

+1

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This is beyond ridiculous

Would this make everything all right for you or your child?
You would want him jailed. Thing is, this in itself in my humble opinion is an absolute abuse of his position. Does that mean all the other dirty perverts, and paedophiles that have fortunatly been caught and jailed can be freed or even tried the same? Not likely is it.
One rule for one , and one rule for another.

Next they`ll be telling the paedophiles that if they sit pray and shed some crocodile tears then you will be forgiven?
I cant even begin to imagine what those poor children went through. Id have the guilty hung.

No offence meant to any its simply my opinion,

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I have very close friends in my circle who have been abused.

Nobody denies this.

Yet you need to understand that we are a by product of Western Society...so is Cobain and Paul McCartney.

Embrace who we are.

Look at this small fact...the black man of America, the most persecuted societal group of America besides the Native Americans is now the president of the USA.

MLK's dream is true.

Yet we all want to freak out over this....at least a lot of us do.

But President Obama is as much a product of W.C. as we are.

Blame him!!!

He is a scapegoat in the same way Nixon was...notice that America is being setup as the worlds scapegoat.

Get real. If you are from the West then understand that our society is under attack.

I have met, dined with those who do not see things as we do....womens rights, freedom of religion, freedom of association etc is a "sin" to certain groups of people.

Western Civilization champions these basic human ideals...some do not.

So far as I know the CIA is on our side.

Ask the Dali Lama.

new topics

top topics

join