It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do your research!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
How many of you while reading thru the threads find yourself shaking your heads trying to understand the vast amounts of info provided? How many of you stop to really see what is happening?

With so much info out there, I find that when I am reading something, I need to research it on my own, instead of with the links provided. Its always best to get both sides of a story before making a decision, and to not just believe for the sake of believing or following the masses. Remain skeptical, and open minded. You dont have to agree or disagree!!

This is a great site that gathers info and allows everyone to give their input (respectively) and allows all to come to their own conclusions.
There are times when i find myself getting swept away with a belief due to envoked emotional responce, and I must stop myself. I go do the research research, disassociating myself from the topic, so that i can come up with my own personal conclusions.

This is just a reminder, Do your own research!! Dont allow somone to do it for you! Stay alert. Its too easy to get caught up in the rush of it all.

Cheers!!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Vision2010

I agree! I am usually 50/50 on most topics. I do my own research on both views of a subject and then from there I make my own decision on what I believe. Many people are too lazy to research a subject, or they don't have time. I refuse to discuss any topic with someone who hasn't really looked into the subject being discussed. I have a few friends who ask me about things quite often but it gets frustrating because they don't read into it themselves. I keep most of my views to myself and only share them with a few people on here and in my personal life.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Source thoroughly. Follow the hyper-link trail. The internet can be a vast echo chamber, with blogs and web sites quoting one another without truly stating where the alleged information came from. Often, when you trace a statement back to its original source it will actually refute the distorted version that the echo chamber has been pushing.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I tend to avoid the original source and shoot over to google and start from scratch. I start from the most basic of searches and then let the pathways lead me on. As with any research, one needs to consider the validity of the sources they happen upon. A lot of bogus sites out there with no legitimate info. I have been known to email sites that seem out of date. If a site isnt updated, i strike it as void. Anyway, enough of my chatter!!

Next!!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Just to remind folks, Wikipedia is ok for general information but should NEVER be used as a solid source. It is full of errors and incorrect information and no university allows the use of Wikipedia for research papers.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I agree with what you say. But...

I have recently posted two topics that are most definitely a conspiracy. True or false.
One was about aids and one on smoking. Well being no doctor I can research aids all I want but I would still end up with the part I can understand.
Because the topics were not discussed I had to give them some attention in the hope that ATS offers a member that does know. Or just a little but enough to get me further...

People will only deny or say they don't believe you. When a little help could save lives with does particular topics. People don't care.

Please some advice would be nice ?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Let's not forget that the Internet isn't all knowing, either. I use a dictionary ( made of paper! ) and encyclopedias or old books I got to get overtime. But even, then, I try to cross-reference what I find there to have a better idea of the situation. And use my brains to the best I can.
After all, books and such, like the internet, have been put up by TPTB, and we have to be careful to not fall to THEIR lies.
Sigh!

Aresh

top topics

join