It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel threatens to send Syria back to Stone Age

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
As with most political comments, this is merely rhetoric.

Israeli leaders could have little reason to desire any nuclear exchange with anyone when their country is so small anyway.

The U.S. certainly would not welcome any such attacks upon Syria, as that would make any concepts of peace in the Middle East untenable.

The Syrians know that the Israelis are not going to utilize nuclear weapons unless their very survival is completely dependent upon it, and hence they supply weapons and support to Hezbollah, among others. If they truly believed Israel to be ready to launch such an attack, they would not do these things.

The U.S. and Soviet Union made such statements time after time throughout the Cold War, but neither side ever truly wanted a nuclear war. It is reckless saber-rattling, ususally made for internal consumption.

Take these kinds of political statements, from ANY source, for what they are - meaningless!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Hello,

This link I'm providing is in regard to your post...I hope it is still on topic.

www.presstv.ir...

Russia: Iran summit 'good opportunity'

On Iran's nuclear program, the Russian official said the international community is well aware of the country's position on nuclear weapons — Tehran says atomic bombs are against its religious beliefs and defensive doctrine.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
good, it would be great if israel did the right thing and flattened some of these countries out

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Shall we have a look at how many headlines there where that said Suddam had links with Al-Qaeda?
or how many headlines screamed Suddam had WMD's?

You can go through all the media you want, now a days we have no journalists, just those who reprint apparent statements given to them without even getting a source.

Still waiting on those WMD's which where widely reported

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
After living in Israel, serving in the IDF and getting the hell out, I can confirm that the Knesset has been crazy just of late.... And can you blame them??... Surrounded by enemies and traditional allies being scathing too... I know Israel has had to do many questionable things but you must realise that it comes from a state of total destruction from the holocaust.....

When you marginalise and villify a people who have almost been destroyed, and are surrounded by enemies, then your allies are pulling away, do not be suprised when a paranoid and scared people act up....

This is all about fear... You do mad things when you are scared.... It is not wise then to provoke a country that has nukes when fear is high and marginalisation is complete....

I can tell you for sure that the average Israeli is not scared of the palestinians... Just the regimes that rule..... Including our own.....

Like you the normal Israeli has no choice...... ITs the leaders that do..... We are all humans.... They will dehumanise but we are not stupid....

Truth is.... If YOU NORMAL PEOPLE are for us, then we will follow..... Because Jews are called to be RIGHTEOUS and NOT double minded diplomats....

When righteousness reigns so does peace....

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

Hello,

This link I'm providing is in regard to your post...I hope it is still on topic.

www.presstv.ir...

Russia: Iran summit 'good opportunity'

On Iran's nuclear program, the Russian official said the international community is well aware of the country's position on nuclear weapons — Tehran says atomic bombs are against its religious beliefs and defensive doctrine.

Yet, there are countless accounts of people who blow themselves up and in the process kill their very own people. All under the same religious belief that proactively encourages those kind of things to happen. Kind of ironic.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Israel could have marched to Damascus in 73 and leveled it, but decided not too. When (it's not really an if) Hezbollah launches their rockets, Syria will pay a very high price. Their Air Force and air defenses are no match for the IAF. It won't take much to cripple Syria's economy. Lebanon will unfortunately pay a big price for not keeping Hezbollah disarmed. I doubt Israel will fight with one hand tied behind it's back again.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Sure, we can do that, but the IAEA kept insisting that Saddam didn't have WMD's.

Kind of the opposite of what the IAEA is saying now.

You asked for evidence, I provided it, but my evidence isn't good enough?

I posted a link with direct evidence from the IAEA, and it isn't good enough?

Or, perhaps you cannot admit you were mistaken, or don't want to hear it?

It's a joke when people ask for evidence, then refute it as not good enough.

Stick to the topic, about Israel, Iran, and Syria, not abouut GWB and Iraq.

ETA - So I guess it is not good enough that it came from Obama's own mouth? Or, did you skip that part, too?

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Libertygal]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Israel could have marched to Damascus in 73 and leveled it, but decided not too. When (it's not really an if) Hezbollah launches their rockets, Syria will pay a very high price. Their Air Force and air defenses are no match for the IAF. It won't take much to cripple Syria's economy. Lebanon will unfortunately pay a big price for not keeping Hezbollah disarmed. I doubt Israel will fight with one hand tied behind it's back again.

I can see a snowball effect happening if war breaks loose. It seems plausible that the Palestinians would join the front against Israel which will create a surrounding front around Israel. Worst case scenario would be that if indeed the Palestinians joined the fight, Iran would probably join, thus bringing in other major powers such as China and Russia into the fray.

I doubt the West and EU would sit back if that were to happen. This would be labeled as WWIII, not good.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Personally I am sick to death of the Zionists getting away with murder.

Since the west appears incapable of doing anything to stop them, I suppose we will have to hope somebody else will bring them to book.

I think peace seeking Israeli's should take to the streets now to stop Netanutjob before it's too late.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Personally I am sick to death of the Zionists getting away with murder.

Since the west appears incapable of doing anything to stop them, I suppose we will have to hope somebody else will bring them to book.

I think peace seeking Israeli's should take to the streets now to stop Netanutjob before it's too late.

Maybe if Iran didn't arm a religiously backed militia like Hizbullah, stuff like this wouldn't happen. Personally, Lebanon should have integrated Hizbullah into it's national army and forced them to assimilate or be dismantled. Unchecked militia's like Hizbullah is no good for any country in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The IAF is technologically and tactically far superior to any force they would face.

The point, however, is to be superior enough to not have to demonstrate that capability very often, if you are a nation like Israel.

As for escalation, that is entirely probable, but not as suggested above. Iran cannot directly attack Israel, but must do so through arcane methods. That is true in general, but is much more true with U.S. forces on their borders. Any air attacks they would attempt would be shot down by our forces, for we would have no way to confirm their attacks were not aimed on our forces. They could resort to surface-to-surface missiles, but the U.S. has Aegis cruisers in the Gulf, and anti-missile batteries across the border inside Iraq. Merely the act of launching a single missile toward Israel would provide the impetus for a massive American retaliation against Iran, which would, naturally enough, include all known nuclear facilities. Within a month, the U.S. air forces would set the nation of Iran back thirty years in infrastructure development. I doubt that even the current leaders of Iran are that foolish.

At this time, technology rules the battlefield and airspaces of war, and there is no technological equivalent to the U.S. military capabilities.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth1000

At this time, technology rules the battlefield and airspaces of war, and there is no technological equivalent to the U.S. military capabilities.

That is why they made suitcases.

To level the playing field.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
A suitcase can be used to make a "statement," but not to win a war. My statement stands, IMHO. No nation can project power in a manner equal to the United States.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
[QUOTE]According to report in Sunday Times, Israeli minister said if Hezbollah dares to attack with ballistic missiles, responsibility will fall on Syria's shoulders, Israel will mercilessly attack strategic targets. 'Assad playing with fire,' says minister, according to British paper

What kind of English is this?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
reply to post by Libertygal

Shall we have a look at how many headlines there where that said Suddam had links with Al-Qaeda?
or how many headlines screamed Suddam had WMD's?

You can go through all the media you want, now a days we have no journalists, just those who reprint apparent statements given to them without even getting a source.

Still waiting on those WMD's which where widely reported

Um, ...your forgot to mention who controls the media.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
There will never be peace in the middle east, so everyone should just get used to that notion.

Israel has the right to retaliate against states who use terror groups to do their bidding, and I'm confident they will. I saw nothing about stone age, but they will get what they deserve for continuing these shenanigans.

Iran has a cowardly government, in fact only Saddam wasn't a coward when it came to war, he might have been a little crazy, but he definitely wasn't a coward.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Every missile is, by its very nature, a ballistic missile. Israel has been attacked tens of thousands of times by ballistic missiles. They have sometimes responded quite violently, with great force. Never, however, have they responded with nuclear weapons.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stuship
There will never be peace in the middle east, so everyone should just get used to that notion.

Israel has the right to retaliate against states who use terror groups to do their bidding, and I'm confident they will. I saw nothing about stone age, but they will get what they deserve for continuing these shenanigans.

Iran has a cowardly government, in fact only Saddam wasn't a coward when it came to war, he might have been a little crazy, but he definitely wasn't a coward.

saddam wasnt a coward?

is that why he was hiding in his tiny bunker underground?

iran is the only country that stands against the evil zionist that cage other humans and kill them...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Tholidor

Who are you? ......Eric Cartman???
How would you feel if those crazy sociopathic-religiouslyextreme-AK47&rocket firing muslims were all in Mexico; they were unhappy about the fact that you, their neighbor are more powerful than they are and you don't agree religiously, so as a result they decide to start firing rocket over the border at your homes, at your schools and hospitals, all for in-discriminant killing. It would annoy you even more to learn that when your govmnt finally do decide to retaliate, the people firing the rockets hide in schools and hospitals and when attacked they fake (or at least strongly exaggerate) deaths of women and children for the benefit off the mass liberal media who will only ever name the more developed nation as the bad guys.

Isreal has #ed up in the past and this cant be denied but there is no way any type of peace can be created while the islamic terrorists (Iran>Syria-Lebenon>Hezbollah) continue firing rockets over the border.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join