It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel threatens to send Syria back to Stone Age

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude
reply to post by Mdv2

Deny Ignorance

Well,I don't see anything stating that Syria would be attacked.

Most likely they would respond back in force on the Hezbollah areas in southern Lebanon.

They are telling Syria that they will be responsible for the deaths of innocent civilians.

That is all.

Deny Ignorance

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Oneolddude]

Taken from another thread on the subject...

www.timesonline.co.uk

Israel has delivered a secret warning to Syrian President Bashar Assad that it will respond to missile attacks from Hezbollah, the militant Lebanese-based Islamist group, by launching immediate retaliation against Syria itself.

In a message, sent earlier this month, Israel made it clear that it now regards Hezbollah as a division of the Syrian army and that reprisals against Syria will be fast and devastating.

“We’ll return Syria to the Stone Age by crippling its power stations, ports, fuel storage and every bit of strategic infrastructure if Hezbollah dare to launch ballistic missil
(visit the link for the full news article)

Deny ignorance, indeed.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The worse thing about all this, is that this same country, America, the country that appears to more against other countries arming themselves with nuclear weapons is the only country that's actually used them or similar on another country.

Farcical.

I don't see that as being "farcical" at all. Why wouldn't a country that has used and have seen the consequence of using such a weapon want to keep other countries from doing that same thing? Would you rather such a country either be apathetic or even encouraging to use these weapons again?

EDIT: Or am I taking your post in reverse context?

[edit on 18-4-2010 by joshter]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I take Israeli warnings to Syria very seriously since the Jewish holy books contain a prophecy about Damascus being completely leveled -- a prophecy that has never happened thus far in human history.

Syria is always playing with fire because of its strange religious configuration and its bizarre support for Hizbollah in Lebanon which is very difficult to understand given internal tensions with Shiites in Syria.

I would hate for Damascus to be utterly destroyed. It contains large communities of a variety of religions and religious minorities.

The only political answer requires the redrawing of nation-state boundaries, and the much ballyhooed Two State Solution for Israel and Palestine that sounds good to Europeans and USAmericans who have no real grasp of the issues at play needs to be abandoned immediately.

A Three State Solution where one state is Jewish, one state is Christian Arab, and the other is Muslim Arab is what should have been pursued from the beginning. And now what should be done? I think the Swiss canton model might be best for the region.

[edit on 18/4/10 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I don't claim to have any military expertise,nor do I have the knowledge to comment much personally on this subject. I do recall reading this though and just thought I'd add it here to the mix for consideration. Anyone wanting to study this further can do so.

"Every move Russia, Syria and Libya have made these past few months are steps leading to the fulfillment of God’s Word in Ezekiel 38 and Isaiah 17:1."

Based on this prophecy,Israel destroys their enemies.

frankdimora.typepad.com... 31-2008.html

[edit on 18-4-2010 by On the Edge]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Oh if only the Iatola Komani could have lived to see his team get nukes. He could have at last put an end to the great satans of the world!

Rockabey baby. One nation, several madmen, and a few nukes wow! Peace in the world at last.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

blog.heritage.org...

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.nytimes.com...

there is some "evidence" for you... which is the only "evidence" you, the public, will be able to see because whatever it is they base it off of, we'll prolly never see, if its real..

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
i was unaware syria made it out of teh stone age.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

could you elaborate on what moves russia, and libya have made to fullfill those prophecies?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

It doesn't matter what the Iranians are doing with plutonium. THEY DON'T DESERVE TO HAVE IT!!!!
Israel is the ONLY country that should have nukes. Why?....because they would use them "only" in a form of defense like the U.S. or the Russians.
Iran has a rogue government, hell bent on starting some stupid "holy war". And until the Middle East gets they're minds out of the Stone Age, they should be lucky to be breathing. OIL is the only thing keeping the Middle Easterners alive and on the map.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
reply to post by On the Edge

could you elaborate on what moves russia, and libya have made to fullfill those prophecies?

No,I can't actually. The site I linked to is down all of a sudden. I don't follow this type of thing too closely. I just offered it up as a reference. Try googling it and maybe something will turn up.

Sorry.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Israel talks smack.
Syria talks smack.
Iran talks smack.
Palestine actually smacks.

Everyone has a big mouth it seems, and that's all they seem to have.

I wouldn't worry too much about this statement of "returning to the stone age." It just seems like another senseless immature remark.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
That region of the world is #ing unbelieveable. That's alright, the world community is starting to tire of it.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jesuschristmonster

So Israel would only use nukes they don't have in self defence?

Was the USS liberty self defence?
Was white phosphorus over Gazza self defence?

No one deserves the right to posses nukes, this is not their &%#%^$ world, but mine and my childrens world, it is also your world,

as far as some holy war, Who keeps claiming to be the chosen people, protected by GOD?
Well if they are so protected let them remove their nukes and let God protect them.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

It sounds to me like Israed qualified this with IF HEZBO LAUNCHES A MISSILE AT ISRAEL. I dont see "pre-emptive" anywhere here. All is peaceful unless the stupid as Hezbos do something.

Sure ok, but.............
False Flag Operation=War

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
So with all the articles flying around, does Hizbullah actually control the SCUD(s) that were reportedly transferred from Syria? Or are we just labeling them as fake-propaganda to start a war?

So who's in the right this time? I don't know what side ATS is on with this one.

IF it is indeed true that Hizbullah has acquired the SCUD(s), Israel has every right to be concerned since nothing has been going on at the time. Just out of no where, Hizbullah gets SCUD(s) for no reason. None of this would be happening if Hizbullah had acquired them (Based on the articles), so I would presume that it's Hizbullah and Syria's fault for all this.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
reply to post by princeofpeace

It sounds to me like Israed qualified this with IF HEZBO LAUNCHES A MISSILE AT ISRAEL. I dont see "pre-emptive" anywhere here. All is peaceful unless the stupid as Hezbos do something.

Sure ok, but.............
False Flag Operation=War

Why is everything a False Flag Operation? So if Hizbullah does launch missiles or even the SCUD(s) they supposedly have, that is still a false flag even if Israel didn't do anything to invoke the launch? I don't understand that logic.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

www.reuters.com...

IAEA fears Iran working now on nuclear warhead

Mark Heinrich and Steve Holland
VIENNA/WASHINGTON
Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:05pm EST

Reuters) - The U.N. nuclear watchdog said on Thursday it fears Iran may be working now to develop a nuclear-armed missile, as Washington warned Tehran of "consequences" for ignoring international demands to stop its atomic program.

World

In unusually blunt language, an International Atomic Energy Agency report for the first time suggested Iran was actively pursuing nuclear weapons capability, throwing independent weight behind similar Western suspicions.

The IAEA seemed to be cautiously going public with concerns arising from a classified agency analysis leaked in part last year which concluded that Iran has already honed explosives expertise relevant to a workable nuclear weapon.

www.mcclatchydc.com...

Iran may be seeking nuclear warhead, U.N. watchdog says

Read more: www.mcclatchydc.com...

By Warren P. Strobel | McClatchy Newspapers
WASHINGTON — The United Nations' nuclear watchdog said Thursday it suspects that Iran might be trying to develop a nuclear warhead that could be placed atop a missile, its sharpest challenge to date of Iran's claims to be pursuing an exclusively peaceful nuclear program.

The report by the International Atomic Energy Agency conflicts with a 2007 U.S. intelligence community assessment that Iran halted its nuclear weapons program in the fall of 2003. It is more in line with reported European and Israeli estimates that Iran, along with enriching uranium that could fuel a nuclear bomb, is experimenting with constructing a warhead.

Read more: www.mcclatchydc.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Iran could have ability to build nuclear bomb by 2010, study warns
By David Blair, Diplomatic Editor
Published: 8:05PM GMT 27 Jan 2009

To have a proper weapons system, Iran would also need to build missiles capable of delivering a nuclear warhead. At present, Iran has Shahab-3 missiles with a range of about 1,250 miles. Documents in the hands of the IAEA suggest Iranian scientists have studied how to convert these weapons to carry nuclear warheads.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Iran 'would like nuclear option'

The head of the International Atomic Energy Agency says he believes Iran is mastering nuclear technology and it wants the option of a nuclear weapon.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Excerpts: IAEA report on Iran nuclear programme

ALLEGED ACTIVITIES
Among the activities which the agency has attempted to discuss with Iran are: activities involving high-precision detonators fired simultaneously; studies on the initiation of high explosives and missile re-entry body engineering... and various procurement-related activities.

Specifically, the agency has... sought clarification of the following: whether Iran's exploding bridgewire detonator activities were solely for civil or conventional military purposes; whether Iran developed a spherical implosion system, possibly with the assistance of a foreign expert knowledgeable in explosives technology; whether the engineering design and computer modelling studies aimed at producing a new design for the payload chamber of a missile were for a nuclear payload; and the relationship between various attempts by senior Iranian officials with links to military organisations in Iran to obtain nuclear-related technology and equipment.

The agency would also like to discuss with Iran: the project and management structure of alleged activities related to nuclear explosives; nuclear-related safety arrangements for a number of the alleged projects; details relating to the manufacture of components for high explosives initiation systems; and experiments concerning the generation and detection of neutrons.

Since August 2008, Iran has declined to discuss the above issues with the agency or to provide any further information and access (to locations and/or people) to address these concerns, asserting that the allegations relating to possible military dimensions to its nuclear programme are baseless and that the information to which the agency is referring is based on forgeries.

blogs.abcnews.com...

Obama, Brown, Sarkozy Issue Strong Statement to Tehran
September 25, 2009 9:27 AM

President Obama said "the size and configuration of this facility is inconsistent with a peaceful program" and called its construction a "direct challenge to the basic compact at the center of the nonproliferation regime. These rules are clear: All nations have the right to peaceful nuclear energy, those nations with nuclear weapons must move toward disarmament, those nations without nuclear weapons must forsake them."

"Iran is breaking rules that all nations must follow, endangering the global nonproliferation regime, denying its own people access to the opportunity they deserve, and threatening the stability and security of the region and the world," President Obama said.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The war loving generals in israel remind me of my kid brother when he was 8. He had a chip on his shoulder because he couldn't push other kids around.

He would pick fights with bigger kids knowing I would save his ass.

With that knowledge, he became increasingly beligerant. But...I started feeling guilty about pounding his "enemies" and getting a rep as a bully.

I warned him to knock it off. The first time he got his ass kicked was the last. He learned his lesson.

Obama is trying to tell Nuttinyahoo to STFU but is a particularly hard-headed case.
The citizens of supporting countries must not get sucked into his egomaniacal drama.

TPTB want us to believe that war is the only option. Visualize peace. I convinced my kid brother it is better to be liked than feared.

Not everybody would like him and there would always be somebody badder than him.

LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR LIKE YOURSELF.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tholidor

Secondly, Iran is a signatory to the NPT and allows full inspections by the IAEA. (Source for their "secret facilities" please?).

Iran has been threatening to withdraw from the NPT.

Iran has hidden facilities from the IAEA.

online.wsj.com...

By FARNAZ FASSIHI and JAY SOLOMON
Iran announced a massive expansion of its nuclear program on Sunday and threatened to pull out of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, moves that would dramatically escalate the country's standoff with the international community if Tehran follows through.

(snip)
The IAEA, the U.N.'s nuclear watchdog, passed a resolution Friday censuring Iran for its lack of transparency and for not heeding calls to halt enriching uranium. The resolution was the first the agency has passed against Iran since 2006, when it agreed to send Iran's case to the U.N. Security Council. Friday's resolution won the support of all five permanent members of the Security Council -- the U.S., Britain, France, China and Russia.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Obama condemns Iran over secret nuclear plantIran's president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, warns the US president his ultimatum on nuclear programme is a mistake
Ian Traynor, Julian Borger and Ewen MacAskill guardian.co.uk, Friday 25 September 2009 16.32 BST

The US, Britain and France issued a strongly worded ultimatum to Iran today after US officials disclosed the existence of a secret nuclear plant which the Iranian authorities have kept hidden from UN inspectors for years.

Thirdly, Syria (and NOT Iran) has admitted arming Hizbollah with scud missiles. There is no Iranian connection there as far as I can see.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Syria denies supplying scud missiles to Lebanon

Syria has denied Israeli accusations it had supplied scud missiles to the militant group Hezbollah.

Israeli President Shimon Perez had accused Damascus on Tuesday of shipping the long-range missiles to guerrillas in the south of Lebanon.

The US expressed alarm at the accusation. The Obama administration has re-establish relations with Syria after a five-year hiatus.

A Syrian government statement said the accusations were "fabrications".

Syria has admitted nothing.

One must wonder what your news sources are, because they do not mesh with what's really out there.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Isn't most of Syria in the stone-age already? I mean....
Both sides are dying to kill each other.

That is all the middle east seems to do best. Kill each other... They will never learn I guess.

[edit on 4/18/2010 by Pharyax]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join