It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran demands US troop withdrawal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

He's trying to deny ignorance lol

Let him try, he has been around for some time ^^

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Why does the truth hurt?

You cannot deny it now can you.

Sad I thinks Ooozes advice should really be directed at you.

tsk tsk

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by oozyism

Iran has suicide bombings. It even has insurgencies.

Regardless, we begin withdrawal from Iraq in September.
The war is over. We won.

Iraq is as stable as Israel, Iran, Turkey, or Egypt. Its more stable than Pakistan or India.

If Iraq is so stable, why do US soldiers have to carry guns, or hide in Humvees and tanks? Why cant they walk freely amongst the other Iraqis?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

We have not lost the war in Iraq or Afghanistan dummies. we accomplished everything we went there to do. The only problem is that most people dont realize what we went there for.
1. We didn't go to Iraq for the wmd.
2. We didn't go to Iraq to liberate the oppressed.
3. We didn't go to Iraq to control there oil.
4. We didn't go to Afghanistan to fight the taliban but that was a bonus.
5. We didn't go to Afghanistan because of 911.
6. We didn't go to Afghanistan to free the silk road or to by opium.

It's simple look at a map, we completely Isolated Iran from the rest of the middle east. We've got them completely surrounded.

I refer to this as the Iran agenda.

The real reasons of 911! Iraq on the left and Afghanastan on the right the crosshairs in the middle on the target all along.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Let me bring things back to the original argument.. Which two countries are the most unstable currently in Middle East?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

They are soldiers what do you expect them to carry or ride around in?

Should they carry bananas and ride around in ice cream trucks?

They rarely go out among the population anymore, there is no need for it. The Iraqi military has almost 300,000 troops, more than enough to handle any terror cells. The Iraqi military and police have taken over the vast majority of security and stability operations. US forces don't do much now other than assist the Iraqi military.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

The Iraqi military and police have taken over the vast majority of security and stability operations. US forces don't do much now other than assist the Iraqi military.

Funny

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Iraq is going to continue to do better and be stable, but was it worth it? I really do not think so in the end...

Afghanistan on the other hand is so backward that whatever we do in that country it will not be enough in the end. We will most likely leave sometime down the road once we get a million ANA trained and a few more rounds of elections, but the funny part is even after all that it could very shortly be right back where it was just before we went there.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Let me bring things back to the original argument.. Which two countries are the most unstable currently in Middle East?

What is your definition of unstable? Also Iran and Russia both want the region to be unstable to further their own agendas, so there are many puppet masters pulling strings there. Four countries that make me very nervous are Israel, Iran, Pakistan and India.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
What is your definition of unstable? Also both Iran and Russia both want the region to be unstable to further their own agendas, so there are many puppet masters pulling strings there. Four countries that make me very nervous are Israel, Iran, Pakistan and India.

That's a very valid point. I was going to let this thread just die but you've brought a great point. There is more there than meets the eye.

THINK PEOPLE!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

What is your definition of unstable? Also both Iran and Russia both want the region to be unstable to further their own agendas, so there are many puppet masters pulling strings there....

I don't want to debate I want a discussion..

If I wanted a debate I would just reply, what is the definition of stable?

Bring it all together, don't just read one post, Ohh yeah, let me do the hard work, let me bring it together for you zzz..

I change my mind, I won't, if you are reading this then you are in this thread so go back couple of pages and start again..

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Star for you instead of taking jabs at each other let's talk openly and frankly.

Why does Iran want nukes?
IMHO that's a destablising of the ME. They could potentially bottle neck the strait and hold the US, EU or China for that matter hostage.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is a pathetic childlike man. He has huffed and puffed in some news stories spouting all sorts of silly drivel.
All he does is defame America and thumb his nose at us.

What he deserves, and is likely to get, is his ass kicked.
I for one would volunteer to get into the ring with him for a few rounds of corrective action.
He would better serve himself and his country by shutting up his putrid mouth. He is way too stupid to be in charge of a country

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by oozyism

Star for you instead of taking jabs at each other let's talk openly and frankly.

IMHO that's a destablising of the ME. They could potentially bottle neck the strait and hold the US, EU or China for that matter hostage.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by SLAYER69]

Assumption number1: Iran want nukes?
Reason: (Slayer fill the gap please)

My assumption in counter: Iran wants nuclear energy?
Reason1:

Iran wants to build up its nuclear energy programme and provide power plants and nuclear fuel to other countries in the region in the future, a senior Iranian official said on Tuesday.

Mohammad Javad Larijani, secretary general of Iran's High Council for Human Rights, said Tehran wanted to break through Western reluctance to supply the Middle East with a much-needed energy source when oil supplies dwindle.

"We are going to help other nations in the region, we are going to help anyone who wants," Larijani told journalists.

"And this is an area where we want to invest, we want to be the one who provides nuclear power plants and fuel for other countries," he added.

Source:
Iran wants to supply region with nuclear energy
Feb 16 08:58 AM US/Eastern
www.breitbart.com...

Reason2: Iran needs energy.

First, it is important to bear in mind that Iran's nuclear history pre-dates the current Islamic government. It originated in the mid-1970'.... Shah unveiled plans to purchase several nuclear reactors from Germany, France and the United States to generate electricity.

At the time, the United States encouraged Iran to expand its non-oil energy base.

Stanford Research Institute concluded that Iran would need, by the year 1990, an electrical capacity of about 20,000 megawatts.

Second, Iran's present electrical requirements are far larger than had been predicted. With an annual growth of 6 percent to 8 percent in demand for electricity and a population estimated to reach 100 million by 2025, Iran cannot possibly rely exclusively on oil and gas.

Source:
Energy : Iran needs nuclear power
By Mohammad Sahimi, Pirouz Mojtahed-Zadeh and Kaveh L. Afrasiabi
Published: October 14, 2003
www.nytimes.com...

[edit on 1-5-2010 by oozyism]

[edit on 1-5-2010 by oozyism]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

OK fair enough but why are they going beyond the necessary enrichment levels??

Riddle me that ooz

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

You are such a naive person. Probably your naivety is a result of your black and white thinking. Like I have said many times before - and I'm gonna repeat it - Iran has more reasons to seek nuclear weapons than it is not to. Not to nuke Israel, but to protect itself from Israel and become a regional superpower. In other words, it makes sense for them to have nuclear weapons, any fool could understand that, but people blindfolded by bias and ignorant lefties prefer to believe it is all Western propaganda. The only aspect of propaganda is the fact that the West attempts to make people believe that Iran has no nuclear weapons yet and that they are a direct threat to Israel's existence, which is fear-mongering, they are a threat to Israel's lawless behavior.

If you would have done your homework, you would know that Iran has had a nuclear program for decades, acquired nuclear warheads from Kazakhstan and if they would have merely sought nuclear power, they would have had it already by now. I can recommend you to read this chronology on Iran's nuclear ambitions: source

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by oozyism

IMHO that's a destablising of the ME.

Why does Iran want nukes? Maybe we should go back and ask the fundamental questions FIRST, maybe they will help you answer the question above. Here:

1) Why does Israel have (not just want) nukes?

2) Why does Israel refuse to sign the NPT?

3) Why does Israel deny UN nuclear inspections?

OK, once you're done answering those questions, lets get back to your question. Why does Iran want nukes?

Oh, I don't know...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

A big voice is not a reason to love them. And a broken clock is right twice a day. Iran is a book burning, cheap politics, limiting, theocratic nightmare. It is not democratic, and is not a good nation. This is why its people revolt. Therefore they may say the occasional good thing here and there, but Hitler also said a lot of logical things on ruling a country. Doesn't make either correct. A murderer still knows how to handle a weapon with quality.

Let Iran burn for all I care. If the US leaves, China or Russia or Europe will enter. Get used to this, because superpowers always take regions. At least the US doesn't rape and pillage 100% of the time.

la2

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by townio

the UN is not credible because Bush showed that states can ignore it and face no concequences, the US government is responsible for the UN having no credibility since the invasion of Iraq.

My question is this...... Iraq was attacked in 1991 for invading Kuwait, why is the US allowed to invade countries with no concequences?????

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Why are you going on about Israel?

ETC

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join