It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran demands US troop withdrawal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

english.aljazeera.net

The Iranian president has called on the US to withdraw its troops from the Gulf region and Afghanistan.

"The region has no need for alien troops and they should return home and let the regional states take care of their own affairs," Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said in a speech marking the country's annual Army Day on Sunday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
getsomenews.com
sec.wbir.com
www.iranian.com

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
And this is the reason why I love Iran, it is truely the only nation in that region with a voice..

When Bush said that Iraq/Afghanistan will be an example state in the middle east, he was wrong.. Iran should be an example state.. Look at Iraq and Afghanistan..

Both countries are in total devastation.. Heck Suicide bombing in Iraq exists even today..

Iran is right, America lost, just like Russia, time to get the F out, the US should act smart and leave now, rename itself, and wait until it revives..

What are your thoughts

oz

english.aljazeera.net

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

He said that except the "Zionist regime (Israel)," Iran considered all other countries as "friend and brother" with whom the Islamic state wanted peaceful co-existence.

"This is the will of the regional nations that after 60 odd years, the root of this corrupt microbe and the main reason for insecurity in the region be pulled out," Ahmadinejad said.

Iran is talking to both trouble makers in the middle east.. Time to end the aggression and F off..

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Maybe Iran has a loud voice but it's not the voice of reason. Who knows what game is truly being played on the international scene?

One thing is sure, Iran is not a threat. Just like North Korea. That's why the US tries to bully them around; to show Russia and China that they better not start something.

And entangled in the middle of this are millions of civilians who suffer without understanding the reason for all this...

If the U.N. was really a credible institution, things like this wouldn't have to happen.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by townio
Maybe Iran has a loud voice but it's not the voice of reason. Who knows what game is truly being played on the international scene?

One thing is sure, Iran is not a threat. Just like North Korea. That's why the US tries to bully them around; to show Russia and China that they better not start something.

And entangled in the middle of this are millions of civilians who suffer without understanding the reason for all this...

If the U.N. was really a credible institution, things like this wouldn't have to happen.

But we all know the UN was created to keep the big monsters from eating each other, and allow those big monsters to play with the weak for amusement..

That amusement would keep these monsters busy, feeding their thirst for death and destruction, therefore saving the rest of humanity from a nuclear holocaust..

I don't know how else to describe it, sorry

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I do not think the United States has lost in the sense that you may be suggesting...

They had to remove the governing bodies in Iraq and Afghanistan and install leaders that would play ball for them. Instead of Saddam Hussein and the Taliban, now we have Jalal Talabani, and Hamid Karzai. All that is left is transitioning authority from the U.S. to the relatively new governments.

The United States may leave Iraq and Afghanistan, but they will not leave the middle east. Ever.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Kevinquisitor]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I just know what the government and government shills will say now... I already see the headlines...

Iran wants US troops to withdraw from middle-east! If you agree with this, you're a terrorist, hate freedom, love dictatorships, you're a traitor, you want america to fall... ect...

And of course Ahmadinejad is asking for a new 911 investigation, which most americans want too... not to mention the world.

Of course if you agree with him, you're a terrorist!

Also, as many people in the world, they have nothing against the jews, but hate the zionist government for all the war crimes they have committed.. and of course if you agree with Ahmadinejad on that subject too you're a terrorist...

It seems to me if the mullahs weren't in control and it was only Ahmadinejad as ruler of Iran, Iran could be our friend... if we also could kick out the scum in control of Europe and North America...

The fact is that Iran was our friend in 2001 until the Bush axis of evil speech... then all moderate in Iran that were for a friendship with the west lost... and the nuts took over...

THANKS A LOT BUSH.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
It seems someone in Iran has found some backbone or perhaps got himself a new pair of lift shoes and is feeling pretty cocky. Iran is being so Clint Eastwoodish and all, I expect now is for Iran to say, "go ahead, make my dayhh. Do you feel lucky, pppunk?

Oh well, time will tell, but if Iran backs up their words with a Russian and a Middle Eastern Military force alongside the Iranian military force, those that wanted to make some money off of blood and guts are getting to make a boat load of sales.

Too bad it involves millions dying and a nuclear exchange, but then again so what if a few billion have to die to appease the evil masters. The killing season is upon us and that means in my translation of the phrase to mean that the dying season is nearly upon us. To me it's a matter of perspective.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kevinquisitor
I do not think the United States has lost in the sense that you may be suggesting...

They had to remove the governing bodies in Iraq and Afghanistan and install leaders that would play ball for them. Instead of Saddam Hussein and the Taliban, now we have Jalal Talabani, and Hamid Karzai. All that is left is transitioning authority from the U.S. to the relatively new governments.

The United States may leave Iraq and Afghanistan, but they will not leave the middle east. Ever.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Kevinquisitor]

The thing is that they can't stay there for long (hence the economic situation), they can't give power to the transitional authority (hence the people are against the transitional authority)..

If America keeps supporting the puppet regimes, we will have two more Somalia, but if America doesn't, we will have two more Iran..

That is why America is lost and doesn't know what to do, either way, it is a loose loose situation..

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Iran is talking to both trouble makers in the middle east.. Time to end the aggression and F off..

Hate of the West is very popular among Islamic nations. It is very effective to blame this external enemy. However, history has shown that without such an external enemy, they start butchering one another. Blaming the West for all of their trouble is merely a demagogic cloak used by Islamic leaders to draw attention away from the large number of internal troubles.

As soon as the deserts run dry from oil, the party is complete. There is no reason for the West left to waste resources on this hole and they will start destroying one another, with Israel involved too.

And Iran being an example. Cut the crap. If you'd have been there, alike me, you would know how that extremist regime treats its people. Perhaps if you are some zealot Muslim extremist you would consider that to be good, but the vast majority of this earth certainly doesn't. Economically neither. The average Joe in Iran has a very hard time to make a normal living.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
If only the world eliminated the ideology of borders.
Without them we would all be one humanity and hurting part of it would mean hurting the whole.

With or without borders that is what is happening.

Sad.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

But we all know the UN was created to keep the big monsters from eating each other, and allow those big monsters to play with the weak for amusement..

That amusement would keep these monsters busy, feeding their thirst for death and destruction, therefore saving the rest of humanity from a nuclear holocaust..

No need to describe it any other way, Oz...

What you've said about the UN and the "pecking order" in the world is probably the most accurate way I've seen or heard anyone describe the situation...

Ever....

One thing I will clarify tho is that its no longer "monsters" plural playing with the "weak"...

There is only one "monster" left that continues to bully the little kids in the school yard and we all know who that is...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
As crazy as Ahmadinejad is, he is saner than everyone in DC

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

And this is the reason why I love Iran, it is truely the only nation in that region with a voice..

When Bush said that Iraq/Afghanistan will be an example state in the middle east, he was wrong.. Iran should be an example state.. Look at Iraq and Afghanistan..

Both countries are in total devastation.. Heck Suicide bombing in Iraq exists even today..

Iran is right, America lost, just like Russia, time to get the F out, the US should act smart and leave now, rename itself, and wait until it revives..

What are your thoughts

oz

english.aljazeera.net

bush bush bush. Bush isn't in charge anymore obama is and we're still there. How are you liking your Hope & Change?

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Alien Mind]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by townio

It's a perfect description of post war events, I've never thought of it like that before, thanks.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

The thing is that they can't stay there for long (hence the economic situation), they can't give power to the transitional authority (hence the people are against the transitional authority)..

If America keeps supporting the puppet regimes, we will have two more Somalia, but if America doesn't, we will have two more Iran..

That is why America is lost and doesn't know what to do, either way, it is a loose loose situation..

Agree 100%, this situation and the subsequent costs, both financial and political, for the US will ultimately lead Israel to more extreme and bellicose actions or a real attempt for peace as outside support wains.

I doubt they'll opt for the peaceful stance, which means war and both sides have huge stockpiles of WMD, hm, not a good place to be.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Iran has suicide bombings. It even has insurgencies.

Regardless, we begin withdrawal from Iraq in September.
The war is over. We won.

Iraq is as stable as Israel, Iran, Turkey, or Egypt. Its more stable than Pakistan or India.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Well the US is withdrawing from Iraq this coming summer anyway. Afghanistan...fuggedaboutit!!

english.aljazeera.net

The Iranian president has called on the US to withdraw its troops from the Gulf region and Afghanistan.

"The region has no need for alien troops and they should return home and let the regional states take care of their own affairs," Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said in a speech marking the country's annual Army Day on Sunday.

Related News Links:
getsomenews.com
sec.wbir.com
www.iranian.com

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Yeah Afghanistan is about to go into overdrive.

Over 100,000 US troops, thousands more NATO troops by December.

One would almost wonder why we would need all of them.

The Taliban's last stronghold is Kandahar and the operation to clear them out begins in June. The Pakistani's are doing a heck of job clearing the Taliban on their side.

I think we may end up seeing an incursion into Iran from Afghanistan, but it won't be aimed at Iran.

Instead, it will target Al Qaida and Taliban camps in one of Iran's insurgent provinces. I'm sure the Iranians won't be happy about it though.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Its called CentCom [central command] for a reason, so no they are not going to leave..Maybe they'd withdraw some troops if Iran would do the same in Iraq [supporting shia insurgencies], in Syria and Lebanon [supporting Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad etc.], and stop with their tumor spreading around..
At least Tareq aziz made me laugh, this Iranian muppet is getting bored.
I'd like to see some of this again this year to get a smile on my face again
[bet a lot of Iranians too]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join