It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fast ufos in the sky over Niagra falls Canada April 13th, 2010

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Get over the bats flying around, and go find a real UFO. You will be the first person to ever do so.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Get over the bats flying around, and go find a real UFO. You will be the first person to ever do so.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Swifts or nightjars.

More frequent than UFOs and bats

Native to the area

When can I see bats?

Bats like to come out to eat at night around dusk. Bats flight pattern is much more erratic than birds so look for this pattern.
Link

Bats flit around....swifts and nightjars don't flit around.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Just want to try to make my point in an easier way about what I talked about in the first pages of this thread.

If this is an alien craft, alien entity or something terrestrial like a bat, bird or a kite I leave aside. Cause it is impossible to 100% say that "THIS IS A BAT" or "THIS IS DIANA, The Queen Lizard".

There is just no way to tell.
Everyone are entitled to believe however. But you get afraid of the dark when you see the flaming going on in this thread at times just because people believe in different things.

Anyway, I BELIEVE (

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by drifta84

Originally posted by Willbert

Originally posted by drifta84
S+F

awesome footage,ufo's in my eyes.

there is no way a bat can fly that fast and the object moves nothing like a bat.
can't ppl just accept that mabye there are ufo's out there?

also why would there be three lone bats cruising around at that altitude looking for insects?

almost all the bat footage i see has large groups of bats. why would these 3 be trying to find insects up in the freakin stratosphere??

i think you guys need better alternative theories than bats.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by drifta84]

Just because I don't believe this to be a UFO, does not mean I don't believe in them. Where did you come to that conclusion that I or others do not believe UFO's exist if we do not believe this to be one?

As for how many bats are expected to fly in groups.. what makes you believe they only fly in mass? I've seen a single bat fly around and I've seen 3 to 4 where I live.

Its ok.. your grasping to believe and feel your part of something bigger thinking this can get you closer to what you believe to be absolute without any real tangible research. Well good on you and hope it brings you closer to your answers and beliefs.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Willbert]

i came to no conclusion, i never stated that if u don't believe this to be a UFO then you can't believe any other footage. i am just putting it out there because of # posts declaring it's bird's or bats.

so you have seen single bats or small numbers of bats flying this high??and this speed. a bat cannot accelerate like that.prove it. then i will consider the bat theory.

grasping to believe i'm part of something bigger?? such as? where is your tangible evidence this is a bat? there is no tangible evidence for sighting a UFO unless they stop by to let me get some pic's, its all speculation.

Since your unwilling to prove their not bats.. why should I prove they are if I believe them to be. I'm not here to convince you what you're seeing. I'm here to voice my view in what I see.

If you wish to have evidence.. then please submit evidence that disproves they are not bats. Do your own leg work and stop fishing for others to do your research. Most individuals who cry foul and want proof are to lazy or unwilling to do their own work and research.

"i came to no conclusion, i never stated that if u don't believe this to be a UFO then you can't believe any other footage."

Really.. then why did you state this??

"can't ppl just accept that mabye there are ufo's out there?"

I'm done in this thread.. as there have been ample evidence of anything other then a UFO presented.. while those who do not accept alternative explanations are just crying foul and whimpering what they think is without providing evidence.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Willbert]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hello, ladies and gentlemen! I'm new to the site. I was going to join earlier, but I coudln't because the pc in my classroom didn't allow me to create an account. I saw the whole video. I'm here to share something with you guys:
Last year sometime around August my cousin and I saw something similar through a telescope and with the naked-eye. I was looking at Mars and he was waiting his turn when we both see something at the same time! I through the telescope and him with his eyes (sounds funny). Through the telescope it looked like this 'thing' came out of mars (i know totally unbelievable!) As I saw it he saw it. Now the type of telescope I have is a galileo telescope. 800x80. I know some of you are going to ask so I decided to post the specs, well some at least. Anyhow, it didn't look that big on the telescope. It looked about the same size as it did when I saw it without the telescope; it moved slow at first, but then it shot out rather quickly and disappeared. We were perplexed, and amazed at the same time.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
If you expand the the video man's comments at Youtube, he seems pretty adamant that the objects are not Bats. He also says somewhere that he uses night vision, although what kind I'm not sure. So it's hard to know what the light source actually is, whether self lit, reflected light or a thermal image, in fact if the objects were not visible to the naked eye, you probably wouldn't know if it was Thermal lit or otherwise. I see little difference in this video and the Scottish one.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Of course he's adamant that the video is not about bats. Who would watch a YouTube video titled: "Bats over Niagara Falls!!! Must see!!!"? Well, Phage obviously, but no-one else. On the other hand, "UFOs over Niagara Falls!!!" Now that collects some hits.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by smurfy

Of course he's adamant that the video is not about bats. Who would watch a YouTube video titled: "Bats over Niagara Falls!!! Must see!!!"? Well, Phage obviously, but no-one else. On the other hand, "UFOs over Niagara Falls!!!" Now that collects some hits.

I mentioned videoman's remarks because he posted them at Youtube on 14th, this thread didn't start until the 18th. Video man was discounting Bats from the off, so he is not countering anything said at this forum, just in case it appears that way.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Looks too much like some sort of bird to me, as already stated

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

BIRDS? HAHAHAHA
wipe your eyes man because there is no fluttering of wings.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jclmavg
What you seem to be saying though - or so it appears to me - is that ETs must be known to exist before they can be used as an explanation. I think such an argument is seriously flawed and fallacious.
Yes, that was more or less what I was implying, and you're right, I shouldn't be so restrictive in the possible solutions for this (or any other) case.

Proposing an extra-terrestrial explanation for something we see on Earth is still a valid possibility, but one I think should be considered less likely to be the right one when compared with those for which there is no need to leave this planet.

Only when we cannot find an earthly solution should we look for unearthly ones. Yes, we could be wrong in trying first to find an earthly explanation, but I think that's a small risk.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by KLRiggy
Looks too much like some sort of bird to me, as already stated

I tend to think the same way, as I said in an earlier post the "light" we see is modulating, But not in a regular way, so it could be interpreted as flapping wings interfering with the "light" from the main body. The video is highly interpretive. If it was Bats, the fewness of them tends them to be of the "lone" variety and they are very territorial and usually hunt round in a circular fashion until they exhaust it for food and then start another circular motion in another trajectory, that is not what this flyer is doing.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
i put this down to critters, not necessary ufo craft but maybe something that we are just starting to understand. I want it to be alien craft, but my gut is saying no. Excelllent video and thread as usual.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by jclmavg
What you seem to be saying though - or so it appears to me - is that ETs must be known to exist before they can be used as an explanation. I think such an argument is seriously flawed and fallacious.
Yes, that was more or less what I was implying, and you're right, I shouldn't be so restrictive in the possible solutions for this (or any other) case.

Proposing an extra-terrestrial explanation for something we see on Earth is still a valid possibility, but one I think should be considered less likely to be the right one when compared with those for which there is no need to leave this planet.

Only when we cannot find an earthly solution should we look for unearthly ones. Yes, we could be wrong in trying first to find an earthly explanation, but I think that's a small risk.

I don't agree. Bats or birds can be tried as an explanation but not ETs. Why? We haven't got a confirmed ET case that we can compare it to. ETs are just speculation at this point.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Good post mate, I've also seen few in my life time and they moved the exact same way... with NO night vision and I know they were not "glowing pulsing bats"...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
there is a back story to this video. In order to follow it up to here, you MUST view the NIAGARA UFO playlist on YOUTUBE. There are two or three threads here on ATS discussing the Niagara UFO. Bats, honestly, is a crazy idea. More crazy than a UFO in NIagara...watch the videos and then comment.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
I don't agree. Bats or birds can be tried as an explanation but not ETs. Why? We haven't got a confirmed ET case that we can compare it to. ETs are just speculation at this point.

Sheer nonsense, Cripmeister. Is that your same retort when SETI receives a supposedly alien signal? "It can't be aliens because we do not have a confirmed case that we can compare it to"?

What you're saying is that science - or at best your shallow interpretation and understanding of it - demands that unknowns are explained in terms of known knowledge. You are in fact suggesting an epistemological loop where nothing new can enter or be considered!

There might occur an event at some point which demands nothing else but an ET explanation (I will concur that obviously this video is not it!
). Yet according to Cripmeister logic this will never happen because we need a "confirmed ET case" before we can call it the first "confirmed ET case".

So is there any scientific reason to suggest unknown phenomena need to be explained in terms of known knowledge? Is there a scientific reason that, if truly unknown phenomena are found, new hypotheses cannot be considered and evidence cannot be gathered or entered into the debate?

None whatsoever, it is just a silly argument by proclamation fueled by a lack of scientific understanding and personal bias.

In the end the truth is that there is an example of a civilisation living on a planet in this universe. Us. Therefore the existence of life in the universe is more than "mere speculation". You seem eager to take Earth out of the equation.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

WOW! I know some Doctors, and Astronauts, and Comsonauts, and World Leaders, and Government Insiders who's statements might not support your theory!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There are HUNDREDS of respectable people of high integrity who say differently.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I've tried inviting the guy who taped this to this forum, but I don't think he's coming. I explained that ATS could be the key in giving the video(s) the attention they deserve, but he declined due to me mentioning the secret word "bats".

I've left him another message asking him if he really just wants to post these videos on youtube forever and never "get" anywhere with them, but he hasn't answered yet. If he stays away for frivolous reasons I'm just gonna assume he CG'd it all. It's not too hard with dots after all.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join