It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fast ufos in the sky over Niagra falls Canada April 13th, 2010

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by blaws572
so this is pretty intresting. ufo debunkers try to debunk this

www.youtube.com...

I'm NOT a debunker as I accept UFOs and have had many sightings and also taped one in daylight. I have a DVD sent to me by Jeff Challender, Project P.R.O.V.E., which he shot at night and the UFO also makes zig-zag movements which is definitely more rewarding that a steady flight.

The video here is fantastic. It's too bad that it's not daylight video. I'm puzzled by the erratic flight as if the UFO can't make up its mind as to where it wants to go. Doesn't make sense.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
I'm puzzled by the erratic flight as if the UFO can't make up its mind as to where it wants to go. Doesn't make sense.

...but it all makes sense when you think of it as a blind bat trying to hunt something.

Right?

reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I agree with you 100%.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

He shows us some low flying birds and makes the assumption that the objects can't be birds. Apparently there are only one species of birds at Niagra falls and they only fly at a certain altitude. What about swallows? What about bats? He has not made an effort, why should we take him seriously?

You are aware of the 50 or so other IR videos showing exact same objects pulling the same manouvers in places all over the world, right?

It seems a lot of people here haven't.

But this was another great video to add to the interesting IR objects list

No proof from me I'm afraid - but I don't believe this is bats, birds or insects. I would guestimate these objects to be somewhere between 30,000 ft +. Watching other videos you can sometimes see the way they follow the arc of the atmosphere like satellites do. But yeah, you really need to watch the other 50 videos to get a clearer idea of what's going on here.

This is the best and closest stuff we're getting at the moment to hard evidence - these fast moving IR objects. It isn't particularly great if people are going to call these objects birds or bats. They're really not! And I'm sure I'm not the only one who's seen something similar in normal vision. In fact, a couple of people already did mention it...

Good thread though, always interested in new (and non-satellite) IR footage!

EDIT - Oh, I only read up to page 4 or 5, didn't see the other 6 pages, LOL

[edit on 18-4-2010 by markymint]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectnsearch

All I can say is that I hope all the people running out to debunk this video with Birds and Bats are getting nice fat government disinfo paychecks, otherwise I just can't see why you would come out against UFO's so strong every time.

ABSOLUTLEY STELLAR OBSERVATION!!!!!!!!!!!!

otherwise I just can't see why you would come out against UFO's so strong every time.

1 - What would have to be their motivation that is consistant with doing what is right?

2 - What variables would have to exist to make what they are doing right?

3 - Who owns most the technologies and information technologies and information? Who releases the information? Corporations own the media, own the economy, own the laws, own .... the secrets?

4 - What scenarios make what they are doing consistant with what is best for all of us?

THERE IS A QUESTION!!

What scenarios make what they are doing consistant with what is best for all of us?

follow the logic with that question. answer it to the best of your own ability, then ask yourself the next logical question. Continue the process long enough and perhaps your own speculation may be permitted to venture into different paths of your own deductive processes.

What scenarios make what they are doing consistant with what is best for all of us?

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
ATTENTION:

There will be no more personal attacks, no more name calling (government agents, disinfo agents, etc) or you will be actioned.

EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion and just because someone may not hold the same opinion does not mean they are wrong, you are right, they are paid agents, shills, etc.

The topic of this thread is: fast ufos in the sky over Niagra falls Canada April 13th, 2010 and that is what you should be discussing.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

That's a very good philosophical question. I think I got it.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE

I'm puzzled by the erratic flight as if the UFO can't make up its mind as to where it wants to go. Doesn't make sense.

...but it all makes sense when you think of it as a blind bat trying to hunt something.

Right?

reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I agree with you 100%.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by ALLis0NE]

Bats are not blind and when they come to a stop they don't do it in zero time, they glide to a stop (decceleration).

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Bats are not blind and when they come to a stop they don't do it in zero time, they glide to a stop (decceleration).

The only time I think the object "stopped" in the video could have been times that the bat was flying toward or away from the camera. Therefore, at those times, the bat's apparent motion (i.e., relative to the camera) would have looked like no motion at all.

The rest of the time, the motion of object looks like the motion of a bat.

And, like I said before, the motions seem a little more "fluid" than how we normally see a bat, but that may be because we normally see a bat less than 50 feet up...The object in this video may be a bat several hundred feet up, and we can't normally see a bat at that altitude (not without an IR camera).

[edit on 4/18/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I was hoping you were familiar with the idiom "blind as a bat", and realize that bats use sonar and not visible light to detect and hunt their pray, which in a way makes them "partially blind" in terms of visual light detection.

I didn't realize you would take my words literally and then try to use it against me. I won't let that happen again.

Also, like the other poster said.... when an object is moving towards or away from you for a split second, it appears to be stopped in one place. It is a perspective issue which you are ignoring.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

peeps arguing for the "Bats" are really pushing the limits of plausability.

seriously. how high do bats fly? i'd say 300 feet, max. do the those dots in the sky look like bats 300 feet in the air?

common sense and open eyes would say NO.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Mathius

Bat's can fly up to 1000 feet in the air, some can even fly 10,000 feet high! Air traffic controllers are constantly warning aircraft about high altitude bats.

The objects in the video, if they are average size bats, would only be about 60 to 80 feet in the air, maybe even less. That is why they appear to be flying so fast, because they are closer to the camera than you think.

...also, no, it is not absurd to think they are bats. What is absurd is to think they are something that hasn't been proven to ever exist.

Common sense and open eyes should tell you that the temporary blinking pixelation of the dot in the videos is caused by flapping wings, and compression artifacts, and the erratic fast movement of the object is very common for flying animals and insects.

-edit add-

Neat article about high-altitude feeding of bats...

www.batcon.org...

[edit on 19-4-2010 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
ok here is my 2 cents !

anyone seen ( Ufo the greatest story ever denied ) ?

pindz.blogspot.com...

the Montana 1950 Utah 1952 Ufo incidents !

try to debunk this as the military said in the film that its not a bird nor a aircraft nor a balloon ! of both films on same video

or how about this one in New York City as a YouTube Poster( ProphetEzikel ) been posting frequently !
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

LARGE UFO SANTIAGO CHILE INCREDIBLE AMAZING VIDEO footage!!
www.youtube.com...

the video above is just like the lubbock texas ufo incident in the 1950s
www.ufocasebook.com...

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Wolfenz]

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Hey guys, this is my first post here..

I just wanted to throw in my two cents on why I believe the object is NOT a bat.

First of all, if you look at the first portion with the birds as comparison, you can clearly see the wings and body and etc.

Also, observing the same segment, you can see the stars in the sky clearly.

Moving onto the second portion of the video, these dots do not have any sign of having wings or any shape of a bat. We can conclude the zoom is relatively the same by the size of the orbs in the sky in both sections of the video. We can also probably assume that bats would probably not fly up that high (or high enough to make them dot-sized) to hunt.

The movement of the object is interesting. Think of this, If it was a bug 6 inches from the camera or a bird or bat flying up in the sky, the background would have to be moving A LOT faster than what it appears to move like in the video to just follow the specimen (assuming a direct view from underneath). The fact that the background does not move incredibly fast can lead us to assume the craft is at high altitudes.

You do not need exact distances or speeds, just common sense. Try observing a bird in the sky or even an insect. At average altitudes at which these specimen fly, you will notice the background will move quickly as you observe these things (if you are viewing from directly underneath. Of course the background won't change if you're seeing it fly away from you but the bird will still diminish in size. Yet, this is not the case here.

Another thing about the movement is the ability to accelerate so smoothly after such harsh turns. At ground levels, it's a lot easier, but in the air it's harder as there is not as much friction and to suddenly just stop and go is incredible.

Also, the fact that people disregard it to be a UFO because of it's "flight pattern" is ridiculous. So what if it makes right and left turns randomly?

If we're assuming these to be alien handled craft, then these are aliens, not humans. WE CANNOT assume for them to have the same mindset as us. Therefore to disregard that just on the basis of a remotely human trait is just plain ignorant. As humans, we like to go from A to B normally in a straight line. Who the hell knows how alien's travel?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

Well Umm, all of it, because it amuses me.

I know you're probably wanting to know what Make/Model of Bird thay are,
I can't determine that. Could be Birds or bats.

Even the way the "lights" are flickering in the last part of the vid,
it still looks like birds or bats than anything else. And it also explains
the "Impossible" change of direction of the Aircraft.

Just for Fun then.....
Assume it was a Alien Spacecraft....

left , left, straight, right, up, down left, right, right, down does
this make any sense why a Alien Spacecraft would want to
do this. I did see Marvin Martian do this once, it was quite funny,
but then it was a cartoon.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ptenjakin
Another thing about the movement is the ability to accelerate so smoothly after such harsh turns. At ground levels, it's a lot easier, but in the air it's harder as there is not as much friction and to suddenly just stop and go is incredible.

Well, the reason the bats in the OP's video are able to accelerate so smoothly is because all they need to do is dive downwards slightly and use gravity to accelerate themselves. All birds do that...

Depending on the cameras perspective, a diving bird or bat could appear to not be diving at all, and it will look like pure acceleration with no wing flapping.

..and the bat is not just "stopping and going", it is flying up, down, left, right, and because of the laws of perspective, the object only appears to be stopping and going.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Are bats active in April?

I don't usually see them this early.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by crowpruitt

Apparently bats in the Adirondacks have been coming out of hibernation early (as early as March) for a few years. Their numbers have been drastically reduced due to disease.

In the winter months when flying insects are not available, three of our bat species migrate to warmer climes. The other six species accumulate fat reserves in the fall and then winter in caves and mines in the area where cool but not freezing temperatures permit them to enter a state of hibernation and reduce their energy needs. The fungus known as white-nose syndrome (WNS) apparently causes the bats to awake prematurely from hibernation with substantially depleted fat reserves. Last March, for example, thousands of bats were observed flying and dying near Chapel Pond weeks before there were any flying insects to eat, and more dying bats are being seen flying there this month - long before adequate food is available (see www.adirondackalmanack.com...). A long-time summer colony of more than 200 Little Brown Myotis under our Lake Placid roof was reduced by last summer to just two bats.

www.adirondackalmanack.com...

[edit on 4/19/2010 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I generally like to keep an open mind about these things, and if they are craft, then they are definitely not any craft I know about.

The trouble is that the previous explanation of bats is very convincing and logically more plausible. The movement is concurrent with bats hunting insects at high altitude.

I doubt that it would be birds, as it is usually only hunting birds that fly at night, and they usually soar, more than the aerial acrobatics that we are seeing here.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by blaws572

I saw the exact same phenomena high above the outskirts of London, back in about '92. I can confirm that the object was very very high, since i ran around to check it's position relative to the stars around it -- that relative position barely altered, meaning it was very high indeed, thus moving great distances at incredible speed, and making unbelievable changes in direction.

Great work.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join