It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of life on Mars?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
Very interesting. After it was pointed out, it did look like spray but again the resolution...you just can't be sure.

You folks never looked out your airplane window when flying around Earth? I always ask for a window seat so I can do that. I've seen this pattern before, it's runoff/erosion, not spray. Maybe leftover from back when Mars had more water.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
IF this is the best I would hate to see the worst.

Rather than hose and pipe coming to mind I would be thinking of straws and clutching.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This image has been around for a couple of years now. It's been on Joe Skipper's Mars Anomaly Research site and Mikesingh, who used to post here, has also drawn attention to it.
Despite all the serious-seeming 'clues', such as the alleged shadows under the stream of liquid from the 'hose', there are too many similar features in the local landscape for it to be anything other than geology.
Mike has posted some Cassini images of strange cylindrical objects among Saturn's rings over on SHTF, and these at least are quite emphatically not geology.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
What we need to do is find NASA s the full rezz version of this picture . They run somewheres in the 50 MB range or greater but some times need a special viewer to open them. I cant see any detail at all from this gif , but what little I can see makes me want to see more.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Iberus Vallis on Mars.

A strange stone.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I have to go with everyone else here, and possibly take it a step further.

This image to me looks like one taken very close-up of some gemstone's surface, and then edited and cropped to look like a Mars image.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by askbaby

Well maybe we should just sack every photo analyst in the military then eh?

If all people are ever going to see is what they want to see, what's the point of photo reconnaissance?

Shame, all that money for satellites, U2's and training photo interpreters gone to waste. Ah well.

Sarcasm, by the way.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Lets say we're from another planet. If we sent a satellite to earth and you saw this picture of california, you would immediately assume that there is life on the planet? That sir, is nonsense. This is just evidence of geologic activity, and your imagination is getting the best of you.
There must be life!! There is liquid coming out from the surface!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
You will never find a smoking gun on any NASA provided pic of Mars or the Moon, they airbrush EVERYTHING that has the good stuff, read the testimony of that woman who worked at NASA in the disclosure project who used to do this/was told they do this to every pic. Stop trying, there is no hope

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by spartan1337
You will never find a smoking gun on any NASA provided pic of Mars or the Moon, they airbrush EVERYTHING that has the good stuff, read the testimony of that woman who worked at NASA in the disclosure project who used to do this/was told they do this to every pic. Stop trying, there is no hope

Maybe you are right.
But sometime, something slip out.
After all, Nasa people are human.
cheers.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The date says 2008 but this looks interesting;

Link to source

www.liveindia.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
I put the original hi-res image into photoshop and took a look at it. Like many of the other images of Mars I have seen, I think there are things there which are of intelligent design and not naturally occurring processes.

This is another situation where I get really upset that we have military satellites orbiting Earth that can read a newspaper lying on the ground and we spend hundred of millions of dollars to go take photos of Mars and all WE see is miserable low definition crap.

Have a look here see if you could read the news paper
bet you cant

www.nerdmodo.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot73

yeah, I haven't seen mikesingh on any of the forums he usually posted on. where is it that he's posting now? SHTF?? not sure what that is ... can you enlighten me?

thanks!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by illustro
The date says 2008 but this looks interesting;

Link to source

www.liveindia.com...

Wow, what is that? I bet thats either just some type of rock formation or its a hoax.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I am a believer of mars and moon activities but i still cant find any credible pictures or footage. These are good quality but i cant see anything.

Maby in a few yers NASA will make it public and take credit for the buildings as Obama is now puting more money in to the space exploration. It was year 2025 for man to orbit mars i think. My guess is it will come much sooner, not officially though.
These are exciting times.

Sorry for my lousy spelling... Im just simple swedish guy

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I can see them keeping things from the public as far as the happenings here on earth regarding ET/UFOs etc - But if they have discovered Alien life out in space.....where a lot already think Alien beings/lifeforms/whatever exists anyway..then whats the problem? Why not make that public?

[edit on 19-4-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I am sorry but I don't see anything. To me it just looks like natural landscape moved around by wind.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
That image came from the Mars Orbital Camera, or MOC.

MOC consists of three cameras: A narrow angle system that provides grayscale high resolution views of the planet's surface (typically, 1.5 to 12 meters/pixel), and red and blue wide angle cameras that provide daily global weather monitoring, context images to determine where the narrow angle views were actually acquired, and regional coverage to monitor variable surface features such as polar frost and wind streaks.

That would would probably be the biggest hose you've ever seen..

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Heres the actual image data, not just the high-res.

The image height is 6784 at 1.54 meters a pixel. We did not get to see the full resolution, i cant say for sure how many pixels it is on the original, but its a lot.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
As with much of material such as this - where you can't see anything specific for sure but odd ground formations - people tend to see what they want to see.

There are some remarkable pictures released from Mars for sure. Wish they were taken into discussion more widely. But I guess people aren't ready, sort of.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join