It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dinosaurs from Space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
OK. I have a question that I haven't heard talked about at length and I haven't seen any speculation on it. So forgive me if it is a very far reach, but I am going on a couple things I have heard about our possible origins.

Going by the story of Enki being a master geneticist and creating man from the genes of the Annunaki and pre-human man (possibly Monkeys or cavemen). During this process Enki apparently created several types of beings before getting it right with what is now man. He may have created mermaids, men with horse bodies, and other creatures read about it ancient stories.

In some arenas is is said that the Annunaki are reptilian. What if the Annunaki came to Earth long before they came here and mined the area and created modern man (according to the stories). Is it possible they knew their planet was dying and going to need a way to fix it. Maybe they came here and used their reptilian DNA with another creature from here and let it grow and evolve with the hope that by the time they were in need of assistance from our planet the creation would be evolved enough to have the intelligence to mine for them and to be strong enough to do so.

When they returned and found the dinosaurs were not intelligent enough to be controlled and were large and viscous creatures they destroyed them or allowed them to be destroyed so they could start over and have a creature they could control.

It would be plausible that they would have advanced their technology in the time that had elapsed and they could have created a new creature much quicker than having let evolution determine the outcome.

I know it is a far out scenario, but hey, so is the theory of the Annunaki creating modern man.

Is there any part of this scenario that you think could be true?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812

Possibly the part where they all dies out!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Well the theory is interesting, but personally I don't buy it. No offense.

The title of your thread and the premise sounds like it could be on of the Scy-Fy channel's original movies of the week though. Seriously, they would probably do it.

All new original movie "Dinosaurs from Space" Saturday night on Scy-Fy!

I can see it now.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
There are no references to annunaki being reptillian, that is a creation of conspiracy theorists, sorry.
Although it is interesting to wonder about what sort of intelligent dinosaur type creature could have evolved given the time frame the dinosaurs had.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong, it is one of those ideas that you have when you read about some of the other far fetched stuff people try to pass off. If many of those things can be taken as truth and a history built on them then why not something of this nature?

Not saying I buy it or any of the other crazy ideas out there, but if a master geneticist from another planet came here and made man, then why not a master genecticist came here million of years before that and created dinosaurs?

Justbecause we are 4.4 billion years old (the planet) doesn't mean that there aren't life types out there that aren't 8 billion years or older. Given that the universe is thought to be 14-16 billion years old there could be life forms out there even older.

I guess another point I am making with this thread is that evolution is not smart enough to create humans but is dumb enough to create dinosaurs? Why not an alien coming to Earth and making them too?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
the skulls of the supposed "cave men", to me, look more like various types of reptiles, some of which appear to be like a mesh between reptiles, amphibians and mammals. the earliest statuary all depict this as well. amphibian and reptilian bipedals with some mammalian characteristics. i don't honestly believe the "cave men" were an earlier variety of man, rather they seem more like an amalgamation of sorts, hybrids adapted to all the living environments on earth.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
There was an episode of Star Trek: Voyager that dealt with this idea.

Some sapient dinos escaped on a massive generational ark. Voyager ends up coming across the ark as it tries to find its way back home.

The Conspiracy X rpg also had the same idea, that the Saurians were the descendents of Sapient Dinos.

The idea goes back to at least H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos and Robert E. Howard's Conan where a saurian race survived underground after the comet killed off the dinosaurs. Some of them lived on Mu or Lemuria in the stories. Humans and the Old Ones both drive the saurians almost to extinction.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I agree with those statements. It has always been hard for me to wrap my head around the idea that we evolved. Wouldn't there be gradual progressions from cavemen to us? Not like a jump from one type of caveman to another type. Like a smooth progressions with all the subtle differences along the way.

All I have ever seen are the skeletons of the cavemen that are in definite eras of time, but no smooth links between them all and there should be if evolution occurs as proposed - gradually and subtly over time.

It also strikes me how the intelligence happens in spurts and not over a gradual path as you would think would happen in evolution - both physically and mentally.

It seems that our physical and mental evolution occured in spurts and there are no real explanations for either occurrance, unless I am unaware of them.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Thanks for the information. I am not real familiar with the subjects you posted about, but some of the stories mentioned seem familiar. It does make a good premise for a story, but many things do that.

Makes me wish I had a time machinge even more, =-)

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
though there is no evidence I fully support the OP.
it seems likely that all 100% of the dinosaurs weren't just killed by an accident that left the earth intact

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
here's an example of what i mean, from smithsonian

Five fossil human skulls show how the shape of the face and braincase of early humans changed over the past 2.5 million years. Photo by Chip Clark, Jim DiLoreto and Don Hurlbert. Image courtesy of the Smithsonian Institution.

blogs.smithsonianmag.com...

i think they assumed the deep and wide eyesockets and sloping forehead automatically suggested a heavy brow and inset eyes. i think it's the opposite. i think the eyes entirely filled the socket space, right up the edge of the brow ridge. just judging by the size of the eyesockets, comparative to the one that represent homo sapians (far right), it seems pretty clear they had huge eyes, not anything like they are portrayed today

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Here are some links:

The Voth, Sapient Dinos from Star Trek
memory-alpha.org...

The Silurians from Doctor Who
en.wikipedia.org...(Doctor_Who)

The Serpent Men of Robert E. Howard
en.wikipedia.org...(Howard)
en.wikipedia.org...(comics)#In_comics

The most famous is Thulsa Doom of the Conan the Barbarian film:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
statue from enki's city of eridu. circa 4000 BC

he has amphioius feet, 6 or 7 fingers on each hand. mammoth eyes. a huge cranium with a sloping forehead, extended nose and mouth, with fangs instead of teeth, large scales around his shoulders and chest, and mammal like reproductive organs.
here's the side view
oi.uchicago.edu...

this pic is a drawing of a vase found in a predynastic egyptian burial in abydos egypt

note the head of the "adult" is very reptilian looking, yet he has very odd amphibious like legs (it is an underwater scene)

and here we have the entire enchilada. i see humans, amphibians, reptilians, and a mix as well. some even look like typical grays.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by undo]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Your picture of the skulls is a great example of what I am talking about too.

I agree that the characteristics of the skull would seem to allow for a much larger eye than what is portrayed today. What do they suggest filled the empty space? I suppose the eye were suppose to be extremely inset and the face protruded out in what would be considered a deformation to.

My question is how did we go from one skull to the next to the next and so on. In the proposed evolutionary scale shouldn't there have been a progression of the skull structure not a leap from one shape to the next?

Also the art picture from the pottery showing possibly several types of beings. The one being appears to be raising his/her hand towad the sky or blocking his eyes from something. I have seen a similar type of picture from ancient art before. Do you know what it is called?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Yes, most defiantly.

I think we have been encouraged to put the horse before the cart, sort of speaking. We were lead to believe we were the top of the food chain, and on top of the intellectual bell curve, when in fact we are not. In fact because "Others" are zooming around our skies and we have no idea how they do it, where they are from, or what their intentions are. Well, we do not know publicly, that is.

We were lead to believe all prehistoric life ended some 65 million years ago. But did it really? We know prehistoric life existed because we continually find their bones. We know of certain types of life from that time, but we do not know all the life forms that walked this earth. It would stand to reason that larger life forms would leave more to be discovered, than lets say, something that was more the size of humans today. If the smaller life forms did not share the same habitat as the larger ones you might not find any remains at all of the midsized and smaller forms.

This leaves a very large window open to the possibility that a "Smart Lizard" did exist. It would go along way in explaining the sightings in UFO encounters, and stories from the ancient text describing the wise and craftiness of the reptilian, or snake.

For those who believe this to be a possibility you have three choices, one, he comes from another planet originally from somewhere else, or two, he comes from earth, originally. Three is the one I favor, he was originally from earth, and took up residence on another planet, in this solar system.

Three is logical to me because of the vast distances involved in reaching the nearest star. Besides, it really doesn't matter where their genesis is from, except that it have the elements necessary for life to come forth. In any event, we presently have one planet that can sustain life on its surface, and that is earth. It may be true that the asteroid belt was once a planet similar to ours but it is long gone now.

I would speculate that the mind of a reptile, or as you elude to, true "Caveman" is quite primitive and set in its ways. Even a caveman can travel the solar system if given enough time, and I think that is exactly what they had, a great deal of time, millions upon millions of years. Give mankind the same amount of time and we not only will travel the solar system, but the universe as well.

The whole idea of Reptilians being able to produce life is really not that far out of an idea. We breed dogs, horses, for specific functions, why couldn't it have been done to us human beings? In the beginning I believe it was a crude venture until they discovered more and more of the secrets of DNA and its association with light. So the stories of Enki and Enlile are not that unbelievable as long as they are not taken too far out of context.

I suspect that not too long after their creating humanity they discovered that humanity was destine to be far more than what they could handle and decided to leave town. I do not believe the stories of saving their home planet from bad air, but rather, mankind was enlisted as miners to mine the ore that would be required to create a new world, for them. They got out of dodge sort of speaking.

Everything, as far as they were concerned, would be okay, as long as mankind never discovered their new home, or allowed to travel the solar system. Agent provocateurs were sent into mankind to continually thwart any efforts at unity, or the ultimate knowledge of their existence or location. To them, mankind was to be treated like mushrooms, fed a bunch of manure, and kept in the dark.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Dinosaurs would be pre Flood and recorded history.
Bugs might have come from Comet now planet Venus from
Jupiter but never heard of any other cosmic transfers.
The pre Flood days had Giants and more oxygen in the air
to make giant Dinosaurs.

[edit on 5/5/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
If you keep your mind too wide open, a lot of kooks will walk right in, and leave all kinds of crazy stuff behind.

Careful what you believe.

top topics

join