It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to turn Islamic burial site into hotel

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I am sure burial sites have dug up, moved, detroyed built on for thousands of years why is this really any different. ohhh ye its the Jews against the Muslims thing. If it was the other way around there'd be the same noise.

Who cares there dead and I garuntee there is no one in living memeroy that even knew these people.

For a little history lesson look at the Howff in Dundee Scotland, the monestary was destroyed in 1548 new buildings where built on it.

The graveyard its self has not been built on recently because there where plague victims buried there or you can bet your bottom dollar being in the centre of a city it would have been built on long ago.

The Howff

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolftotem
reply to post by December_Rain

That is wrong on sooo many levels.

I agree. It's just plain creepy and weird. I'm not one for necessarily believing in ghosts, but hey, I wouldn't tempt fate. Even the "Amityville Horror" had some true basis for the story.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by donhuangenaro

Originally posted by Gakus

Originally posted by donhuangenaro
I wonder what would happen if the situation was reversed and Muslims would like to build a hotel and disco in Auschwitz?

well, I know exactly what would happen...

The Muslims built their "Dome of the Rock" over Israel's holiest temple. So how exactly what you said even remotely applies is beyond me.

they didn't build a hotel... and it is a temple not a graveyard

well, it is not my problem that you don't have enough brain cells to think

[edit on 18-4-2010 by donhuangenaro]

again your point is invalid

they disrespected the Jews by being a site for their worship upon the holiest of the places for the Jews.

Keep attempting to insult people while making no head way, comes off great. I love moronic people like this.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

Whoa whoa lets be fair for a minute. Yes it's true that the Dome of the Rock is built upon the ruins of the Second Temple but it's not like the Muslims built it there out of spite
The belief is that Muhammad ascended to Heaven from a point within the modern Dome of the Rock. It's a holy site for Muslims too and by the time they got there the temple had been destroyed 600 years ago with the last serious attempt at rebuilding having been 300 years prior with the reign of Julian the Apostate.

Make no mistake, I get why the Jews are upset about it but its not like the Muslims did it for no reason other than to spite them. As for the hotel thing, when I see it from a more reputable source (whoever mentioned al-Jazeera not having raised Hell yet has a good point) then I'll give it a little more credence

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I guess that it is continuation of this story from 2008:

Jaffa's Arab residents hang posters protesting destruction of Muslim cemetery after sale of land to private hands. Councilman Turk: Residents must defend holy sites

www.ynetnews.com...
Israel has a lot of graveyards from lots of periods, and a lot of $ thirsty investor groups (though why private investor group is called Zionist by article OP linked to is beyond my imagination).
So far only group that somehow succeeded to stop destruction of graves are Jewish religious groups that fight for such graves on political level and by demonstrations on the ground. I suggest the same to be done by Muslims in Yafo, since legal battle is lost.
On the side note, i do not get one things - how government appointed board of trustees can sell cemetery??? Good old corruption maybe?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I just did a quick google search on the supposed "Nakish investment company" and it doesn't seem to exist anywhere but in the article cited in the OP. I will keep looking but there's a chance this story may be a fabrication.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by haterproof

No it is not fabrication. It is not as it is told though:

The Nakash Brothers recently bought the Kishle Police station in Tel Aviv and plan on turning the historic site into a boutique hotel. The hotel is intended to be a five-star 140-room hotel with all rooms having a view of the Mediterranean and the Old City of Jaffa.

www.jordachecorporate.com...
This is not "zionist investor comany" clearly, and they purchased territory of old police station. Before the police station in the area was Muslim cemetery. And this police station was built by Turks in 19th century.
Turks apparently can build on Muslim cemeteries.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

The Nakash Brothers recently bought the Kishle Police station in Tel Aviv and plan on turning the historic site into a boutique hotel. The hotel is intended to be a five-star 140-room hotel with all rooms having a view of the Mediterranean and the Old City of Jaffa.

This is not "zionist investor comany" clearly, and they purchased territory of old police station. Before the police station in the area was Muslim cemetery. And this police station was built by Turks in 19th century.

Thank you for the information. The founder and owner of the company is
Joseph (Joe) Nakash who is Israeli and also mentioned here

In 1977 a New York City store, owned by brothers and Israeli immigrants Joe, Ralph, and Avi Nakash, was burned and looted; insurance enabled them to launch Jordache
Source (To use this url quote this post and copy and the url): 74.125.153.132...
w9ucP-OENkJ:www.hoovers.com/company/Jordache_Enterprises_Inc/cctcki-1.html+Joseph+%28Joe%29+Nakash&cd=5&hl= en&ct=clnk

1. Chairman and CEO : Joseph Nakash
2. President: Liz Berlinger
3. CFO: Joe Taylor

All 3 are Israeli immigrants so i would stick with Israeli owned company since what better cover than this.

Not only that in 2006, the Nakash brothers of Jordache Enterprises, bought Knafaim's 75% share of Arkia Israel Airlines

On page 18 of this PDF Report by Manhattan Institute Jordache company and all 3 Nakash brothers are mentioned in a report titled
The Economy Of Israel

================================================

I did a quick search for Al Qishleh and it's called "Al Qishleh Centre" which is in Al Aqsa Mosque...just do a search in this report-PDF for the term.

This is the website the report is on ifex.org...

Second term is Mamluk.

So that ascertains that all the places mentioned in the article exists just not mentioned in Fox News and Jewish Telegraph. I wonder why it is not mentioned oh wait....

[edit on 19-4-2010 by December_Rain]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

So it would seem that other than getting the name of the company partly wrong the rest of their information is also flawed.

It should be noted that the source for this "story" is the Aqsa Foundation, which I believe is these guys: al-Aqsa Foundation

The al-Aqsa Foundation is an international charity with alleged ties to the Palestinian militant organisation Hamas. The head office of the foundation was located in Germany until it was closed by the German authorities in July 2002. The organisation is known to have local branch offices in the Netherlands, Denmark, Belgium, Sweden, Pakistan, South Africa, Yemen and elsewhere.

The al-Aqsa Foundation has been described by the United States as a "critical part of Hamas' transnational terrorist support infrastructure" and has said that it "uses humanitarian relief as cover to provide support to the Hamas terrorist organization"[1]. Hamas is designated by the U.S. Secretary of State as a Foreign Terrorist Organization (66 Fed. Reg. 51088) and as Specially Designated Global Terrorist (SDGT) under Executive Order 13224, "Blocking Property and Prohibiting Transactions with Persons

Who commit, Threaten to Commit, or Support Terrorism." According the U.S., Hamas is known to raise at least tens of millions of dollars per year throughout the world using charitable fundraising as cover[1].

In May 2003 the al-Aqsa Foundation was designated by the United States Department of the Treasury as a Specially Designated Global Terrorist (SDGT) entity under Executive Order 13224[1]. As a result of this designation, all assets of the al-Aqsa Foundation are blocked and transactions with the organization are illegal. Other nations, including the Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, the United Kingdom, Luxembourg and Switzerland, have also taken action against the al-Aqsa Foundation[1].

If it is the same people, even if one is to question their "terrorist organization label," it would of course explain the rather liberal if not flat out disingenuous interpretation of the facts.

Bottom line is there's little if nothing true about this story.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

i did a quick search for Al Qishleh and it's called "Al Qishleh Centre" which is in Al Aqsa Mosque...just do a search in this report-PDF for the term. This is the website the report is on ifex.org... Second term is Mamluk.

I do not know about Mamluks, but

BARRACKS i. kışla.

www.turkishdictionary.net...
So kishla/Qishle is just name in Turkish for barracks. Since we both know that Turks ruled the area for centuries before British, the fact that name stayed after they left is not weird. And there are indeed two police stations in Israel (well, one now due to $) that are called kishle. One in Jerusalem,ironically near the Jaffo gate - which really is not near Mosque. As an example of its location/activity (and because i know some would appreciate the content
which is off topic though ):

Nevertheless, when he entered the Old City the following day, police handcuffed him and brought him to the Kishle police station inside Jaffa Gate, where they grilled him on whether he intended to sacrifice the goat on the Temple Mount.

www.jpost.com...
And one in Jaffo:

In front and west to the Clocktower, stand the Kishle, which was used by the Turks and British as a jailhouse, and during the British mandate is served as a prison for the detainees of the Jewish underground, the IZL and Lechi.

www.tiuli.com...
As for Nakash brothers - really got nothing to add. Did not know about them until today and they own Arkia ....

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by haterproof
If it is the same people, even if one is to question their "terrorist organization label," it would of course explain the rather liberal if not flat out disingenuous interpretation of the facts.

Bottom line is there's little if nothing true about this story.

The same can be said about all the news coming out of Israel since they commit the genocide, war crimes and are the first spot contenders for Nazi status which they have successfully achieved in year 2009.

Same can also be said about Fox News which is regularly sourced on threads on ATS inspite many times it has been proven it as hoax.

All information coming out of AIPAC, ADL also fall in this category since they assist and war criminals.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

All you said may well be true but they are not the topic of this thread. The topic of this thread is the story in the OP which appears to be a fabrication.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by haterproof]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Okay, I've checked news site after news site for going on what, three days now? And this Al-Aqsa group are the only ones even giving this so-called story lip service. Again, not disallowing the possibility that this is true but as yet, there has been no mention, I mean absolutely none, of this anywhere. Not even from the ever west and Israel loving Al-Jazeera...

english.aljazeera.net...

Now, color me dense, but if these guys aren't even addressing this then I have to call b.s. on this story. For your edification I've included a link to virtually every Al-Jazeera ME article - plenty blasting the U.S. in Iraq, Afghanistan, plenty more blasting everything in Israel from settlements to Ohlmer's embezzlement trial... do you think if there was an actual group trying to bulldoze ancient Muslim burial sites for a hotel they wouldn't cover it? Either this is totally bogus or there's some serious embellishment going on in this piece that even ME friendly publications don't want to touch.

I went through the first eight pages of stories... there are thousands more if you feel so inclined...

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Legion2112]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
HOAX?

You mean from now on we shouldn't automatically believe everything we hear from Al-Jazeera, or whatever the latest muslim publication happens to be?

Really? A HOAX? Imagine that!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Nevermind, misread your post... sorry for the inconvenience. Move along please, move along...

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Legion2112]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join