It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was Nostradamus’s techniques he used to see the future?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What was Nostradamus’s techniques he used to see the future??? Was it mediating, looking into water. Just interested

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Quite a traditional view presented here:

stason.org...

Maybe that is a little light on intoxicants and Nostradamus's favorite technique of rectal withdrawal.

Sorry. I wanted to add a light hearted chuckle about your reference to his mediating but I know what you mean and he had plenty of disputes to sort out I'm sure.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by nal War]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
He sat in a darkened room, staring into a cup of water that was supported on a tripod.
It is now called remote viewing. And I have tried to practice it a few times with playing cards. After one week, I was 50/50. Sometimes I could see the colors and shapes of the symbols. However, I haven't decided if this is an evil thing or not.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
You could also set up a psychomantium as explained at this link. It's basically gazing into a mirror in a darkened room, the mirror being tilted at an angle so you don't see your own reflection, just the reflection of the darkened room...

astralthyme.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

personally i believe he disected the words and utilized the truth encrypted and encoded in the words to make his predictions. harvesting the thoughts of the collective subconsciouses minds.

examples?

"World Trade Center" is one good example.

What happens when you open a can of whoop ass?
WAR. (take off the LID)

WAR LID
WOR LD
WORLD

ADD A RAID
ADD = +
RAID = RADE
ADD RADE = +RADE

SEEN ACROSS EARTH
SEEN = CEN
A CROSS = +
EARTH = UR

add em up and ......

WAR LID was openied up because someone ADDED A RAID SEEN ACROSS EARTH/UR

WAR LID + RADE SEEN ACROSS UR
WOR..LD...+RADE..CEN...+.......UR
WORLD .....TRADE...CENTER

predicted in it's own name 30+ yrs before its demise.

You could also set up a psychomantium as explained at this link. It's basically gazing into a mirror in a darkened room, the mirror being tilted at an angle so you don't see your own reflection, just the reflection of the darkened room...

and when we apply the mirror to the words.....

boots [mirror] stood
shower [mirror] rewosh / rewash?
traffic [mirror] ciffart = see i fart?
effort [mirror] troffe = trophy

[edit on 17-4-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

If only he didnt speak French...

anyways. He stared in to a bowl of 'darkened water', presumably ink water.

He mentioned he thought his 'psychic gift' was passed down through family, ie he thought his family members were also psychic. So he thought it was genetic.

Personally I think he just found some old books and recited what they said.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I read somewhere he used a tripod and water too - but it does not matter what you use - the main objective is to numb your conscious mind just enough to allow your subconscious thoughts and imagery to surface

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

If only he didnt speak French...

The same phenomenon exists in many languages.

Besides, Nostradamus spoke, read, and wrote in more than just French.
He used many languages, even in writing his quatrains.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
He sat in a darkened room, staring into a cup of water that was supported on a tripod.
It is now called remote viewing. And I have tried to practice it a few times with playing cards. After one week, I was 50/50. Sometimes I could see the colors and shapes of the symbols. However, I haven't decided if this is an evil thing or not.

those colors and shapes of the symbols are called hypnotatic light beads. they emit light energy out into the atmosphere, and if u stare into it, you can recharge ur chi-meter. the highest amount of chi is 100, and if you get down to 0 u lose a life. the next time you close your eyes you will see a pink elephant.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
What was Nostradamus’s techniques he used to see the future??? Was it mediating, looking into water. Just interested

I've had visions & dreams that have ended up coming true. Maybe he had a similar ability.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SirPsychoSexy

lol! collect 5 pink elephants and your chi meter increases 25 points though.

reply to post by someotherguy

That literally cant have any thing to do with it. The only possible way to tell your dreams come true (ie making them premonitions) is to witness it happen. Its kind of a catch-22, you dont know you saw the future until its past. He (allegedly) predicted things hundreds years after he died, so he couldnt possibly know his dreams would come true.

Who knows maybe he was burning ink and hallucinated or something. But dreaming no. Dont worry ive had those dreams that came true too, know a lot of people who have too. Its weird but I cant find a pattern. Ill know by summer though.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
"He talks about guides from the astral plane
and from other worlds who helped him"

Wait what? other worlds? I never heard that before.

Hmm....

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I read somewhere that he used a pool of mercury,not water,and that the mercury eventually made him very ill/mad.

I can't seem to find a link which supports this though,but there are many links which say he used water in a reflective bowl for "scrying."

new topics

top topics

join