It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is breakfast important to all survivalists?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
A true survivalist must be well energized, correct?

A true suvivalist can't be on their toes, functioning at maximum ability if and when SHTF on an empy stomach, correct?

So with that said, what should a true survivalist eat for their breakfasts in the morning?

And when in the morning should a true survivalist eat that breakfast of their's?

Also, is the breakfast of champions the right kind of breakfast for survivalists?

[edit on 17-4-2010 by Tormentations]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Breakfast of Champions - you mean that certain overpriced box of cereal?

[gross, by the way...]

[edit on 17-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Two scoops of Isopure carb free whey protein, a hand full of berries, a dash of premium coconut milk, and some water, mixed up in a blender and you are good to go. Protein fueled for fighting off the Zombie hordes. Don't forget your daily vitamin supplement as well. Zombies never rest!!!

Skip the heavy pancake breakfast as it will slow you down. You want protein, not carbs and sugar.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Tormentations

I would eat breakfast when I get up in a survival situation. I dont always eat breakfast. I have martial arts on mornings during the week. So I dont eat first. Just water and coffee/five hour energy.

So maybe some morning stretching/training would be in order first, then eat.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
After a 8 to 12 hour fast from supper through sleep to awakening in the morning, a breakfast is a much needed boost for the human body to be able to function properly through the ordeals of the day.

If you were to take a blood sugar reading in the morning, you would normally find it is a lower reading than at any time during a normal day.

What you need, is a Full English Breakfast ....... that'll sort you out

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I don't know but I think in a real survival situation I really wouldn't necessarily be concerned with maintaining a balanced eating schedule. I would probably eat only when my body tells me that I need to. I often skip breakfast because I'm just not hungry. I guess I just don't think we would have the luxury of an optimal diet.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Yes, breakfast.... my favorite meal of the day. I have two others that are equally enjoyed.

Seriously, and I do not exagerate, we enjoy fresh eggs from chickens we raised....enjoy sausage or ham from pigs we raised and bred...pancakes with blueberries or peaches or strawberries we grew and harvested or canned.... have homemade peach or pear preserves... or fried apples...all grown here on our farm. Maybe a side order of fried potatoes and onions homegrown... bisquits and grits...from the store..

Anyway, it will hold ya till lunch time....leftovers are a good lunch...a cold sausage bisquit and a Coke... or egg samich.....

I know, it would scare the American Heart Association, but trust me....we work it off.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
I know, it would scare the American Heart Association, but trust me....we work it off.

I for one couldn't care less.
I do believe that people who watch out for so called health risks and live a "healthy life" (whatever that is) and only care about protein and vitamins lose a lot quality of life.

As long as everything's fine i take ham & eggs, buttered bread with salami or prosciutto di parma over crappy # like cereals or healthy food any day of the week. After all, i want to enjoy my life.

In a survival situation, does anyone really believe they have the chance to life "healthy" with all the protein and vitamine #? They moment everything's goes to #, nobody cares about what they eat or if it's unhealthy, it's only about survival and there won't be a "breakfast" anymore. Because if you don't a shelter or live in a bunker, you'll be constantly on the run.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
everybody say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, i say BS. i work at 8 a.m and i wake up at 7:45 to shower and brush my teeth and head off to work. i don't eat til 1:00 pm and i feel fine every morning without breakfast. i can go without dinner and breakfast ( eat only lunch) for 6 month straight and not feel a goddamn difference in my ability to perform at work. my job require a lot of heavy lifting and walking up and down 24ft ladder with an extra 60lb on me.

this is the reason why america is so obese, you people concern yourselves with three meal a day and a ton of snacks in between meals. you listen to whatever the hell they tell you in cereal commercials and stuff yourself before you sleep and after you wake up then wonder why you're fat and can't lose weight. stop eating so much you pigs. don't give me that metabolism cwap, you can lose all the weight you want if you would only stop being greedy with food.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

"metabolism cwap"....? Why you wascally wabbit. Why bweakfast is the bwest meal of the day.

I can see in your post that you certainly are jovial. No doubt that one meal a day has made you a little skinny...and iritable, too....lol.

I work hard, and work hard growing my own food, and then I eat it.... maybe a step in that direction would cause you to forgo the expletives and attitude.... you wascally wabbit.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I dont eat breakfast... or lunch. But if you have to do something intensive its best to eat a lot of FAT before you do. Not protein or carbs but fat!

People will tell you its bad but they're wrong, its only bad in this idiotic lifestyle where we sit at work for hours or in school or play video games or watch tv. But if you do something to burn it off its fantastic.

If you're talking about in the wilderness then no, breakfast is not important, what is important is eating before you exert your self, doesnt matter when, if you're going to eat breakfast and not do anything its a waste.

The best things to eat are peanut butter, fried meat, eggs, yogurt (if you have it), depends on your situation.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
The simple ruth is that in a real survival situation, you should eat whenever you can. This is not the same as sitting comfortable in your home and eating toast and jam before reading the paper. If you are in a situation where your very survival is on the line and things are tough, staying fueled is vital. Chances are that you will not be able to simply open the icebox and grab a dozen eggs and bacon. Even if you now live on a farm, that does not necessarily equate to what you will face in a survival situation. Your farm could easily be wiped out or over run, and you may not have the resources you now enjoy.

If you don't stay fueled, you may run into trouble. Breakfast is important. If you are living in a comfortable world it is fine to skip meals so long as your daily intake matches your energy use and metabolism. When the Zombies are after you, you are in the middle of a wasteland, and you gotta keep running, you better be fueled or you will not survive.

The OP asked about a survival situation, not a situation where you are living all comfy in a home full of goods. In order to survive tough situations, you must eat when you can.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Well breakfast will be a important in a survival sitation, along with every other meal. While you sleep you are fasting, wake up and eat you break that fast, hence break-fast.
But You also slowly dehydrate as you sleep so as you are sleeping, your blood starts to thicken so your heart works a little harder to pump. So 1st thing in the morning you need to drink water.
So just as important as a meal is a glass of water.

top topics

join