It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK AIRSPACE: So I just saw my first UFO... 2 to be precise!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Right, I just managed to get rid of this thread first time around which was annoying as I'd wrote loads so sorry if this is rubbish. I'm also not claiming this to be alien in anyway, but it was, to me, a UFO.

Newcastle-upon-Tyne (or thereabouts), UK
About 10:30pm

So I'm sitting, watching Ashes to Ashes (on replay just incase thats weird), normal Saturday night, and my mam suddenly goes "What the f**k is that?!" and I jump up, as you do, and run to where she's looking out the window and theres this massive orangy-red ball in the sky travelling west to east really, and I mean really quickly! And, as you do, I ran to the back to see what it is and where it's going. And you know, forgot my phone. So when I go back into the living room I'm still reeling from it, like, I've just seen an unidentified flying object, not on a flight path, really quick, streak across the sky. So yeah, it also seemed to cast a reflection from the big orange light backwards so that suggests it's metallic and sort of... long. But I'm no expert on this.

Anyway yeah, we went back to the living room and she goes again "Look! Here's another one!" And true to form, couple of seconds behind, another, slightly more orange, slightly smaller orb is streaking across the sky, and once again I run out to the back to watch it going in my head Omg! What the hell! It's a UFO! And I'M seeing it! So yeah, this one seemed to head of on a slightly different tragectory (if thats the right word) and ended up slightly more south than the first which disappeared behind a house, and also seemed to flicker slightly. And my mam goes "get your phone!" So yeah, I have a really rubbish clip of this light which looks tiny in the sky and really unimpressive compared to what we were watching which I will try to upload once this is posted. Just to prove I was looking at something.

Anyway, thats garbled coz I'm completely... I dunno the word? Not ecstatic, slightly scared and everything else so to sum up:
2 orb-like lights. Both crafts were made up of one big light each, the first was slightly more red, and slightly brighter/bigger than the second, suggesting either closer to us or bigger.
I also heard what sounded like engine noise (VERY faint) in both cases, which is also weird because I'm sure that all UK airspace is still grounded, so why are they flying?
Both were headed sort of in the same direction, but not following the exact same flightpath, seconds after each other. Both ended up disappearing behind houses and I lost them.

So, did anyone else see these crafts, or has anyone got any idea what they could have been/why they are flying when we're supposed to be grounded?

I'll get to uploading the video now, but it's really not great, so apologies for that, and I'll also keep a lookout incase any more come across, but I'm sort of assuming that since they haven't by now, they wont.

Thanks in advance!
Ay x

[edit on 17/4/2010 by Ayana]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

So yeah, it also seemed to cast a reflection from the big orange light backwards so that suggests it's metallic and sort of... long. But I'm no expert on this.

This bit makes it sound like you might have seen a meteorite. Whatever it was, it's a good feeling to see something unusual. Me and some mates saw a zig-zagging red light cross the sky down south. It was fast. When we went back to the party and described it, they laughed and said we imagined it. BS!

The thing is, you and your mam saw something you can't explain and that's something to remember. Most people aren't that lucky

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks!

Offtopic in a reply but www.uk-ufo.co.uk... has loads of these sighting and I'm sure the airspace is still empty.

Either way it's pretty cool. I'm gonna phone around some friends, see if they've seen anything and I'll upload my video in a second. It's not great, but meh.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

This is the video ^^ So yeah, not brilliant. but you know, you never manage to film them, you're too busy watching to film. And it's on my phone too! And sorry for the language, we were a bit shocked!

[edit on 17/4/2010 by Ayana]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

yeh i saw them too. i live in the nottingham area uk.
i was working (i am a driver) and around 9.30pm-ish, i looked up towards the moon and saw 2 bright orange balls travelling across the sky. then about 10minutes later i saw 2 more and one of them one was huge. the other smaller.
i watched them till they went dimmer and out of sight.
i've been reading here on ats that there's a meteor shower due to peak soon. so i reckon they were meteors, not ufo's.
it was amazing to see though, i've never seen anything like this before. then i get to see four within minutes.
dooby

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by doobydoll

Ooh great, tah!
It might be that but I dunno, I'm convincred it was engine noise, but you never know!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
My sister is seeing UFOs in Lancashire this very moment

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

well get posting then. lets hear about it. what does she see? are they in the sky? moving or stationary? description? come on you dont get off that lightly lol

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Yeah, are they the same as what the rest of us are seeing?

This is great, even if it turns out to be nothing, it's still brilliant!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

I saw something similar where I live, which is Rothesay NB Canada, just across the pond from you guys. It was an orange ball that lit up the sky, it hovered probably a mile away from my house for about 30 seconds, moving west if I remember correctly. Then the light dimmed a bit, and it folded in on its self and disappeared.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Cant type much, im on a psp web browser, pretty much the same as you, her fb status was "Why are people seeing so many ufos" Ill update tommorow for you all

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ayana

Ooh great, tah!
It might be that but I dunno, I'm convincred it was engine noise, but you never know!

cant say i heard engine noise, and i was outside and made a point of listening for sound but i didnt hear anything. they gave off a bright orange glow, as if they were burning i thought. this is what made me think they were meteors.
i told my family what i saw when i got home from work.
we have an observatory quite close by to our home and we plan on visiting there on the 24th to observe the meteor shower. i cant wait.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Just clarified with my mam and there was definetely a faint engine noise!

Going downstairs now to sit with my dad (he's just came in) If anything else happens I'll film it, doubt it will though!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
aye, im from newcastle as its quite clear tonight i thought id have a little glance up at the stars through some binoculars and wey after 2 or 3 minutes i noticed basically a moving pulsing star but then about an inch away at about a 60 degree angle was another moving star exactly behind moving in the same direction which was then accompanied by another moving star going in the opposite direction of these 2 other moving stars. also about 5 minutes after telling my girlfriend about this i noticed another pulsing moving star which i focused on it seemed as it was 2 objects but its hard to tell through bino's, OH i must add this 2nd incident also had the occurence of a moving star going in its opposite direction again, i seen another 2 or 3 moving stars also apart from these incidents. The duration of movement for these "stars" was around 3 minutes (at longest) before i lost track.

of course this is just from 15 minutes of looking, ive seen countless "moving stars" which i name "nars" in one night over the space of an hour i seen about 30, i seen them lighting up, wobbling, changing direction and stopping - not to mention 2 unexplainable incidents, ah mr poster is the object you seen, did it look like an orange street lamp light ...but flying, i have seen something like that and that's the best way i can describe what it looked like?

[edit on 17-4-2010 by steven barnes]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It might be the annual Lyrid Meteor Shower. Happens every April around this time of the month...

www.spaceweather.com...

[edit on 4/17/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I was just zoning out listening to AVA turned off the lights looking out of attic window and saw stars, and i noiced one of them was moving VERY FAST, i watched it until it disappeared, and then the next. IMy first enouncter was when i was 11, i saw a ufo in my front garden in crosskeys wales, less than quater mile away from me, it was hovering by the side of the mountain clear as daylight, not a round orb from a distance but the actual shape, is was disc shaped with a long width half cirlce on top and a narrow one on the bottom pitch black, motionless, and i didnt see it take off, i ran to get a camera.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I also saw a UFO tonight. I live in Moscow, Russia close to the Ostankino TV tower. I looked through the balcony door of my apartment on the 13th floow at about 23-30 hours (always on the lookout for UFOs) and a tiny light in the sky immediately grabbed my attention. It looked like a small star. It was cloudy, and the cloud cover was quite low. I think the light was moving just below the clouds.

I should mention that there seems to be an air traffic decent path in the vicinity, however, this light did not look like a regular airplane. There was only one light, it wasn't rotating or blinking, I could not see any strobe lights.

I ran to the other room to get a camera and when I rushed out to the balcony the light was still there moving closer. I estimate that it moved a bit faster than the planes that I regularly see here do.

While fighting the camera (memory card was full and I had to clear it) I saw something weird. For a moment the little star turned into a ball of light and then back to the way it was.

My wife joined me on the balcony. I finally had the camera ready and I tried to catch the object in the viewfinder. However, when I pressed the shutter button nothing happened. The camera was ON and everything seemed normal but the autofocus did not engage when I pressed the shutter. Very weird.

I wish I spent more time looking at the object than fighting the camera. I missed the moment when the light changed its direction. According to my wife it was obvious that the object was solid and she thought that she could see some kind of an outline but then in a second the object disappeared. Probably in the clouds.

I said something like "Oh well, it was good while it lasted" and then suddenly we saw the sky light up with a single reddish flash on the horizon in the general direction where we watched the light.

I tried the shutter button again and it was back to normal. However, I thought that I wouldn't be able to take any good pictures anyway. Too dark, light too far away, wrong lens.

That's all I guess.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by WideOpenSpace]

[edit on 17-4-2010 by WideOpenSpace]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Sky Lanterns

/Thread

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Nice to see some fellow geordies on here! A mate of mine seen something very similar over the xmas and described it just like you described, also in the north east area.

This is a little off topic but thought i'd post it anyways as its always nice to see some UFO footage from the local area, but anyways here it is if you havn't seen it already:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Hi.
I saw two Orange light myself tonight, in Dudley, West Midlands.
They seemed to be joined together on some sort of ship though, and travelled south, at one point they were almost blinking. and one of them disappeared after about 5 minutes, after which the remaining flew off at an incomprehensible speed.
Definitely not Chinese lanterns,planes(airspace is closed for a start) or part of my imagination.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join