It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you had a chance...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If you had a chance would you want to be famous?
A question I want you to think deeply about before you answer...because the amount of responsibility, stress, and a** kissing would def take it's toll.

Personally, being a small town boy where everyone gets along and is about equal financial level, I'm not so sure. If I knew I had the chance to be famous, then I would have to follow through with it at some point rather than regret it later.

But as far as when I'd be ready for the fame, I'm not sure if I would want everyone I have ever known and looked up to, coming to see me with a smile and puckered lips on my butt end. But on the other hand...you could virtually do everything you wanted. Own any type of material, get any type of girl, not have to worry about the finances, and not work much for the rest of your life.

You see stars killing themselves (Kurt Cobain) and overdosing (Michael Jackson) almost every year. It's almost as if you literally sell your soul to the devil...And it's a pipe dream for most people because most people have no clue what they are even good at it. So 90% of the world thinks fame is fun and games...

So ATS, would you want to be famous?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Sure. I wouldn't live in a big fancy house,i don't see the point. Still somewhere private since I'm not very social. I would put warning signs in my yard so if anyone trespassed would show them the sign, and hit them with it. Famous or not im not going to take that from anyone.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Gosh no!
It's fun to be in the spotlight sometimes..but that would wear out very quickly.
I'm quite anti-social and I like to be private most of the time.
Any invasion of that would tick me off.
Totally not worth it.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Nostradumbass

I'm Nobody! who are you?
Are you Nobody too?
Then there's two of us, don't tell
They'd banish us you know.

How dreary to be somebody!
How public, like a frog
To chant your name the livelong June
To an admiring bog!

~Emily Dickinson

that's my position. . .

[edit on 17-4-2010 by LocoHombre]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
If one wants to be famous, why? What comes with being famous and what is one looking for from it? Is it for attention? for money? for friends? for admiration? for influence? etc... I think the reasons one would want to be famous are quite telling...

[edit on 17-4-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I'm saying I don't want to be famous...but if you had the opportunity, if you knew you had the talent...would you do it?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

of course not! people who hateyou would eat you alive, but if you really wanted to, don't mind smothering attention by both the paparazzi and crazed fans, go for it! and plus, what if you do get the one crazy psycho fan who actually does kill you?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LocoHombre

of course not! people who hateyou would eat you alive, but if you really wanted to, don't mind smothering attention by both the paparazzi and crazed fans, go for it! and plus, what if you do get the one crazy psycho fan who actually does kill you?

Haha why would I care right?
I'll be dead!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Interesting. It depends on how much value one places on privacy. What’s that saying? Be careful what you wish for…

Pursuing fame in itself, for its own sake, has always struck me as an oddly masochistic ambition. It seems to me as though it’s an inevitably bad side-effect of daring to dream and actually succeeding at what you love to do (ie: actors/authors/athletes). Nothing prepares you for fame, that is, unless you’re born into it; then you’d never known anything different.

I personally think fame is a curse.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Only if I didn't have to kiss ass and could still do whatever I felt like. But then if I didn't kiss anyone's ass then how would I ever be famous in the first place?

I would take every opportunity to harass government corruption and piss people off until somebody would finally do something about it.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
No ! I would not want to be in a spot where everything we accuse TPTB / NWO art doing or are up to is normal and part of the job.

I do not want to be idolised and I do not want to be in the middle of the picture.

Hé. What do you know, I'm not a narcisist at all.

I would like to switch bank accounts. But that just my greed talking

As a famous person you will also be a role model. Nèhh to much of a responsibility. It would not be in the best interests for those who follow and I couldn't live with knowing that because of me a bunch of them ended up all screwed up or something.

The one thing I would like is the charming power of fame to lure women.
I have to work hard you know. I'm always stumbeling and acting like a fool /idiot when I like someone. I can perfectly be myself with the most beauthiful but when I like them
everything changes to the worst.
It would be way more easy if I could just pick them.
Well... The ones I would choose would probably not be the ones throwing themselves at my feet.

So No ! I don't want to be famous.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
famous for what?
movie stars are famous for dramatic acting in cool movies.
pop stars are famous for ridiculous amount of radio play and catchy tunes.
Fame in the entertainment industry is one thing. and its where you get celebrities. to me an unwanted type of fame.
But I honestly would not mind being famous, as long as i wasn't considered a celebrity. Being a successful mentor and inspiring those who know who you are because of the amount of attention you get isn't a bad thing IMO. As a matter of fact, fame is one of the ways to appeal to the masses without promoting yourself or spending money on it. If you know of way to enlighten peoples lives and people all over want to hear what you have to say or see what you do, then I say you should feel almost obligated to use your attention for good use.
So I say yes. Although, once you stop wanting to be famous, its not easy

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I just want to point out that Nostradumbass used two celebrity deaths which have been claimed to actually be murders.

I think the key question that everyone is asking is what is the fame being received for?

I certainly wouldn't want to wake up one day and be famous for nothing particularly interesting but I wouldn't mind being famous for something I enjoy doing and work hard at. I make music, write and do various other creative things, if my work was appreciated at a massive level to the point where I would be considered "famous" then I would not mind at all.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Personally i would not want it, i would rather live my life as a monk in tibet years ago. Peace in oneselve is more important i think than what society has deemed to be important.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

good issue to break with truth,

is it logical that awareness enjoy being a star? i say absolutely not, and that is why a lot here respond that way, knowing how they are weak to it but as aware out of it they can see it being wrong as not useful to anything right at the long run

now is truth famous? yes absolutely, so why is it wrong to be famous

here the hick, noone is true, otherwise we would be all famous ordinary, that was always my point according the this issue
to break our inferiority to being true and think while acting objectively free in all objective ground openly

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
it is good topic because it is related directly to truths issue,

truths issue are the gap of levels with the base which is out of truth down

the nothing as void reference base is the concept of freedom reality certainty, now truth reached to do another concept of freedom reality reference being certainty life

and that is a huge issue creating the gap with truth and allowing then infinite evil concepts to be living

the point is to understand freedom base according to truth,

from ancient reference nothing is the base of freedom certainty as the awareness of nothing, now what that mean awareness of nothing ? surely nothing aware, bored and lazy mostly there

now truth is that awareness certainty rise to certainty life as absolute positive base reference always

the fact that certainty came out of void and awareness came out of certainty, say the principle base of truth being positive always, and the meaning of objective intelligence abstract realisations there was to apply that principle freely as aware of

truth realized a lot of things since, the most important one was its free subject life base, but the point here is to see the possible effect of truth on ancient freedom base

where freedom was nothing aware, from truth effects it becomes aware exist, so since that aware of ntohing exist alone as free it would say anything and pretend any positive state being existing too, since he is always there as aware from the base of nothing but out of it existing fact of truth realisations effects on him

and this is a huge problem, before i guess in nothing the awareness was in depth like lazy and bored but not pretending anything

then truth realize itself absolute positive objective reality and itself source as concept of free living being certainty positive life as absolute fact source, so this conclude how anywhere there is awareness there is then freedom sense existing from what truth conclude freedom being the living certainty

so it is the sense that everyone is looking to have, being free living as positive absolutely sense, and that is what stars inspire as, like freedom to be living then it is not nothing, since it is not nothing it must be somthing looking existing and that existing must look nice pretty to inspire positive freedom living
but that is why stars act as free taking risk in expressions and always positive though
so everyone want to reach that stage of true free living as absolute positive freedom certainty and all scripts and movies are from that unconscious will, one say die waoo nirvana then, the other say love yamy how nice sex 24 hours in heaven

everyone is impressed by cool people, cool meaning free while tending to positive as not negative since cool
those are also who preach the balance state sense but they mean the same thing freedom absolute positive living sense

we have to agree on truth since it is totally objective from its sources and facts existing, free living positive sense is not a dream or a will, it is a truth first then some relative freedom can come out of it when you mean to realize it fully yourself but according to the truth base fact life

so famous is the weakness as inferior sense to being true, it is also the will to love superiority in truth confused with the will of becoming superior that justify that love, which make the whole result evil existence

loving truth or superiority since love is only to absolute superiority in truth, it is the sense of positive absolutely which mean it as constant source that allow your freedom sense since there is something always source that never want anything from you while objectively existing

so loving truth is considering its positive life or existance for itself and not for you, then understanding how because it is truth then it is not totally else then you, what is superior is not else but you have to consider it superior clearly to have the right of affiliation sense

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I've given this much, much thought over the years, and I eventually came to the conclusion of 'yes'.

I want to be a writer that dabbles a bit in acting. IE, I wouldn't want acting to be my primary focus, but I'd love to be in a position similar to those like Quentin Tarantino, who is thrown into minor roles here and there that he finds fun and adds himself via cameo in the projects he works on. I love acting, but I love writing more. Right now, I don't have the resources for getting paid for my writing and my acting, so there's no fame really to be talked about, although I have two blogs that I write on and because of that and other things I've worked on, such as school plays (they got me to come back twice after I had graduated high school to be the assistant director of the plays as well lol) and this and that, I've experienced a little bit of fame...and I love it.

Now, obviously my levels of fame are COMPLETELY eclipsed by anything that would be relative towards the pressures of celebrity lifestyles. No delusions of grandeur here, lol. But there are a few concerns that I've had a very small taste of which have given me the insights to know that I'd be essentially fine if I were lucky enough to reach such a level of fame:

1) Privacy - The way I describe myself is that I'm an open book, but with lots of symbolism. If you ask, I'll tell, as I have nothing really to hide, but I may omit some information, I may twist it around to avoid certain details, etc. The general opinion of people that know me is that I'm extremely easy to get to know, yet extremely mysterious even to the ones that know me better than anyone (save myself). Now, I have no experience with paparazzi (why should I, at this level? Lol) and I can't speak for sure on how I'd deal with that, but that's one of the only things I know would actually get to me. The idea of people following me around at all times, taking pictures and trying to catch me at a weird angle...especially if it were to have an effect on my family...that would frustrate me. But I'd prefer not to be famous enough that I'd be the type of person you want to see on TMZ every night - nor would I ever be in positions most of those are in. Which leads us to Con #2...

(continued in second post due to character limit)

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
2) Negative Behavior - Tons of celebrities fall under drug and alcohol addictions. I know I wouldn't. Why? Because I've never used a drug in my life and I'm 22 right now and have only had one gulp of beer + 2 sips of liquor. I a very staunch anti-drinking, anti-smoking, anti-drugs type of guy. I see no positive benefits. I'm also not the type of person that needs to threaten to fight all the time because of some sort of inferiority complex, so that rules the "arrested on charges of domestic violence" section of fame out the window haha.

3) Sycophants - I just wouldn't put much into them. I'm a good judge of character, and I've grown to be not so trusting of everyone off the bat as it is. Everyone starts off with a 0 on my scale and they can go into the negatives or the positives depending on their actions. If I came across someone that was nothing but a "yes man", it would take quite a bit to pull the wool over my eyes and blind me to that fact. So since they're using me for something, I'd use them right back. Fair is fair. The true friends are the ones that would benefit from me as a true friend should, while the others wouldn't. Sure, I'd love to bang my share of hot chicks looking to screw a celebrity, but I highly doubt I'd ever convince myself that they were all just in love with me for real, you know? It would be transparent. I'm sure at times I'd find out a few people slipped under the radar, but you know what, you come across that in everyday life as it is.

Anyway, this boils down to yes, the positives outweigh the negatives in my mind, henceforth I'm still going to try to achieve some fame and fortune. I'm realistic enough not to think I'd apply for becoming "the next big thing", nor would I even want to be THE "it guy" with all that extra pressure. There are plenty of celebrities that could walk right now the street and you wouldn't think twice, just consider them "that guy talking on the phone", but in reality that person on the other line might be booking them for a convention or an interview on Leno (which btw, I'd love to do lol). It’s a bit foolish and a bit outlandish when someone thinks of themselves as hoping to achieve the mega-celeb position on the hierarchy (though if they’re successful, awesome for them). That’s usually the type of dream that can make or break you. If you can’t get to the top of the mountain, lots tend to give up, sometimes even before they begin, whilst others sometime get to that and then realize it wasn’t all it was cracked up to be, and it leads to their downward spiral. I think I’ve got a pretty decent head on my shoulders and I’d be able to cope with a somewhat lesser level of stardom.

And, by the way, if you are interested in any of the stuff I’m working on or knew someone that could help me achieve said goals, my primary blog is www.outonlimbs.com... , my Facebook fan page is www.facebook.com... , my Twitter page is www.twitter.com... , and my comedy troupe which will be starting up soon will eventually be at www.youtube.com... .

top topics

join