It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is Hypnotising the Masses -Theory

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
You are suggesting a magicians hypnosis where people walk around in a daze until someone snaps their fingers, the whole while barking like dogs.

No, I'm not, actually. I understand what you're talking about. Maybe if you would just consider that I DO understand you, it might be easier.

For instance I think some people lack true objectivity in discussions like this, and that is somehow based on their decision making process.

So, do I have this right? You think that people who disagree with this paper are lacking objectivity and those who agree with it are purely objective? Is that right?

What internally led them to be less than 100% objective, and mostly selective?

If "something" has led me to be less than objective( presumably Obama's hypnotizing speeches), then "something" must have led kosmo to be less than subjective, too, because just about every thread and post he writes is anti-Obama. Look at his avatar. Is HE objective? Are YOU objective? Why is it only me and SG who are not objective? Why is it that you think we "have been led" to feel the way we do?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Typical!
A half dozen or so posts defending Obama without even reading the PDF!
Obviously his techniques have a greater degree of effectiveness on some as opposed to others.

Does it matter who wrote the PDF??? The sources are footnoted, it is well referenced and it is completely factual and scientific. But, I suppose it is more important to defend the "Dear Leader" than to debate the merits of the OP, eh?

Does anyone become concerned with who writes text books? Not really, as long as the information is factual and correct - and this PDF is both. But again, why bother reading it and applying critical thinking to the DOCUMENT when it is far easier to launch ad hominems at me, right?

Barring all of the noise coming from those who are obviously caught in his spell, the rest of us can have a REAL discussion of HOW he is using these techniques and to what end. Thanks to those of you who have an opinion of the PDF I posted - thank you for taking the time to read it.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The OP does illustrate something interesting with the morphing Obama-Bush avatar and the Obama with Carter hairdo signature.

As far as hypnosis goes there is an important distinction between having your attention attracted to something, as opposed to directing your attention at something. Over 99% of people will never perceive the distinction.

So, if the TV is at any time hypnotizing some component of the masses, what is it that www.abovetopsecret.com is doing, lol.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

You're such a schill republican! Very clever of you, taking the time to write a sixty-page footnoted paper, just to make an impression! Well, it's not gonna work! I'm not impressed at all!

Am I right?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
If "something" has led me to be less than objective( presumably Obama's hypnotizing speeches), then "something" must have led kosmo to be less than subjective, too, because just about every thread and post he writes is anti-Obama. Look at his avatar. Is HE objective? Are YOU objective? Why is it only me and SG who are not objective? Why is it that you think we "have been led" to feel the way we do?

Yes, true... I am completely against Obama! It is largely due to the fact that I have sensed something wrong about him from day one! This document simply revealed it in its entirety - he is using proven conversational hypnotism to convince people to believe in him. He is usurping people's sense of discretion and judgement and by-passing thier Id without them even realizing it. Having been in high-level sales for over 20 years, I am familiar with the technique on a very basic level. Obama has taken it and made it an art form!

Regarding my avatar... It has nothing to do with the discussion at hand... My avatar simply denotes that Obama is no different than Bush in his policies and practices; perhaps in technique but that is all. BH, you should read the document and THEN comment. Until then, you are adding nothing but conjecture and editorial without even understanding the subject matter.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Professor Tomorrow
reply to post by Southern Guardian

So you're not at all interested in meeting the OP on his own terms.

That all Obama supporters are irrational and easily controlled? Then no, I am not interested further in the explanation the OP has to offer. He clearly made up his mind on the matter. You clearly made up yours.

The people who 'agree' with you will continue to do so,

I assure you that you dont have to be a liberal to agree with me. The claim that all Obama supporters are irrational, easy to control, the claim that all good speakers purposefully hypnotise and control peoples minds, its a claim that goes not further than the rest of the fringe conspiracies.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I'm so happy you found this. I have stopped watching Obama speeches because I KNOW in my mind and heart what he is doing to my country is disastorious. The problem was, in the past whenever I would listen to one of his speeches I felt pulled into his side and it took me hours of clear thinking to realize he was lying or full of crap. I told my b/f that I think somehow either he or the networks are hypnotizing us because we end up agreeing with him even when we know what he is doing is so terribly wrong.

I have also noticed from his speeches that if you slow them down frame by frame, he NEVER looks straight at the camera to the American people. He turns his head from side to side and when he comes to the middle facing the camera he closes his eyes every time. Seemed odd to me and he always does it.

Anyway, yes I completely believe he is doing this. The agenda of TPTB needed to be fullfilled no matter the cost. too mad many Americans will either refuse to read all of the pages of the report or state that there is no evidence because this is not in the disinformation of MSM.

great find.
TY

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Professor Tomorrow

What!?

I didn't write the paper and I am NOT a Republican!
Anyone who knows me or has rad my posts for the past several years knows that I am a Libertarian and DO NOT buy into the two-party system.

Let's please focus on the document and the material presentered therein.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   

WTF are you on about??? I NEVER asserted that EVERYONE who supports oBama is mind controlled! I asserted that those who rabidly defend the man, unconditionally (Sort of like you are now without even bothering to read the document I posted!!!) are PROBABLY falling prey to a conversational hyponosis technique - Oh, and THEN I went on to bother to provide a link to document HOW this is being done. Thanks for taking the time to read it!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Typical!

The 60 page PDF that claims Obama has the power to control minds because his a good speaker? The same PDF file that claims hypnosis is somehow ideologically linked? The same 60 page PDF that sources from blogs?

By all means continue to defend the file Kozmo. It just shows to what lengths of desperation you are prepared to go to politically smear.

Does it matter who wrote the PDF?

For such a 'scientific' claim? Yes it matters! If somebody claimed all Ron Paul supporters are racists from a psychological stand point, would it matter their credentials and their sources, research over the matter?

Does anyone become concerned with who writes text books?

Should they not? Are you to suggest nobody should be concerned for sources or references over such claims? To me it just sounds as though you want everybody to readily take your smears as they are.

as long as the information is factual and correct - and this PDF is both.

So in your conclusion:

-Hypnosis is ideological discrimminating.
-All Obama supporters are irrational and easy to control.
-Sources and credentials over such claims are of little to no importance.

right.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

That all Obama supporters are irrational and easily controlled? Then no, I am not interested further in the explanation the OP has to offer. He clearly made up his mind on the matter. You clearly made up yours.

You really can't help yourself, can you? Offer me, I don't know, a quote to back up your assertions. A page number. Anything. Throw me a bone here.

Because otherwise, what it looks like you are doing is mischaracterizing OP's argument.

But, by all means, keep up this campaign of endless dissembling. I'm just trying to give you a chance to redeem yourself in the eyes of serious thinkers everywhere. People who know logic know logic, and you can't rhetoricize your way around that fact. For instance:

I assure you that you dont have to be a liberal to agree with me. The claim that all Obama supporters are irrational, easy to control, the claim that all good speakers purposefully hypnotise and control peoples minds, its a claim that goes not further than the common political smear.

See, this doesn't even resemble in the slightest the OP's premise. It does reflect your glaring biases in Bluray-quality HD, though.

Stop being sloppy, SG. If you ever want to have an appeal beyond the self-congratulatory set, you're going to have to tighten up your game.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Sorry, buddy. Read the rest of my posts. You'll get what I'm driving at.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

We're working through this, man. Don't worry. SG has a problem with his critical methodology, but it's getting addressed.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

And why do those of us who do like him find fault with him on a regular basis?

I don't know if you meant to type this or not but I find it odd that you would say that .

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Typical!

The 60 page PDF that claims Obama has the power to control minds because his a good speaker? The same PDF file that claims hypnosis is somehow ideologically linked? The same 60 page PDF that sources from blogs?

By all means continue to defend the file Kozmo. It just shows to what lengths of desperation you are prepared to go to politically smear.

Does it matter who wrote the PDF?

For such a 'scientific' claim? Yes it matters! If somebody claimed all Ron Paul supporters are racists from a psychological stand point, would it matter their credentials and their sources, research over the matter?

Does anyone become concerned with who writes text books?

Should they not? Are you to suggest nobody should be concerned for sources or references over such claims? To me it just sounds as though you want everybody to readily take your smears as they are.

as long as the information is factual and correct - and this PDF is both.

So in your conclusion:

-Hypnosis is ideological discrimminating.
-All Obama supporters are irrational and easy to control.
-Sources and credentials over such claims are of little to no importance.

right.

You're pathetic!
Are these blogs?

20 Patterns of the Hypnotic Techniques of Milton H. Erickson, M.D. Volume 1, p25 – “by communicating indirectly, he avoids the
issue of resistance to a large extent.”
21 Killer Influence Secrets of Covert Hypnosis, by David X, Part 1 David X’s educational video, “How to Hypnotize with Covert
Hypnosis and Hypnotic Language” See video online, such as at: www.revver.com...
hypnosis-and-hypnotic-language/
22 Analogy used in The Power of Conversational Hypnosis, Clifford Mee and Igor Ledochowski
23 Patterns of the Hypnotic Techniques of Milton H. Erickson, M.D. Volume 1, p129 “voice, tone, body movement” in addition to
the linguistic aspects.

Didn't think so... Maybe if you made it past page 3 you'd see that! Nice dissembling. Go elsewhere... We KNOW you drool over Obama, the rest of us are trying to have an intellectual conversation!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

WTF are you on about??? I NEVER asserted that EVERYONE who supports oBama is mind controlled!

Heres this title of your thread:
Obama is Hypnotising the Masses

You state in your OP that:

After months of struggling to understand the irrational support that Obama receives from his adoring followers, I came across this incredible analysis of what is happening.

Hypnosis as a term does mean a form of mind control. You know what you were implying and saying.

I asserted that those who rabidly defend the man, unconditionally

Now your changing your tune? You clearly implied Obama supporters. But please oh please move afew steps back to modify what you implied and didnt imply, or say, or mean.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Your conclusion does not follow your premises.

irrational support that Obama receives from his adoring followers

is pretty close to

I asserted that those who rabidly defend the man, unconditionally

In other words, he hasn't changed his tune. You shouldn't be worried if you don't consider yourself irrational, adoring, rabid, or unconditionally supportive of the President. This does not apply to you.

Do you deny that there are people out there who are irrationally, adoringly, rabidly, unconditionally supportive of the president? Because that's what we're talking about here.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I see this quickly devolved into several Obama supporters defending thier support of him without even reading the document. Well no one likes to think maybe they have been conned so it is some what understandable but then it becomes more of an emotional thing then rational to defend against the notion you were conned.

Here's the thing though if you are so sure of yourself and that this document is crap then go read it and tear it apart on it's merits rather then your own emotional feelings. 60 pages is not many it's just a large pamphlet really...

If it is indeed crap as many of you contend then your argument will be bolstered by using the contents of the document itself to discredit it. However that requires reading it first no matter how distasteful you find the idea.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Professor Tomorrow
You really can't help yourself, can you? Offer me, I don't know, a quote to back up your assertions.

I dont have to. Its right there in the OP. You know what you implied here, the OP knows what he implied here. The fact both of you are now stepping back now from what you had so clearly been claiming here tells me enough.

Is hypnosis ideologically discrimminating? Please let me know here.

all means, keep up this campaign

By all means continue making excuses for the OP and yourself. I have absolutely no problem addressing them.

See, this doesn't even resemble in the slightest

It is exactly what the OP was implying, unless you are to claim that the file itself did not imply that hypnosis is ideologically discrimminating.

Stop being sloppy..... beyond the self-congratulatory set,

Ok now your going off the tracks here. Im no longer interested.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
I don't know if you meant to type this or not but I find it odd that you would say that .

Why?

I think rather the problem is that assumptions are made that people who DO support Obama and defend him sometimes must automatically agree with everything he does and says and be some sort of "adoring fan". That's simply not true. I have found fault with Obama many times and have posted about it here. I also don't post about every little disagreement that I have with him. I know I'm seen as some sort of 'Obamabot' or something, but that has a LOT more to do with the assumptions made about me than actual fact.

Edit: I'm going to go listen to the radio show and this thread will probably grow and go crazy, but I've said my piece.

Thanks.

[edit on 4/17/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join