It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is Hypnotising the Masses -Theory

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Just had a thought. If television puts you in a trance state (Changes your brain waves from alpha to beta???? correct me if I am wrong) and most people watch these types of things on TV wouldnt people already be in a suggestible state already? Perhaps that would make his hypnosis more effective. (if it is true that he is doing it, that is) Just a thought to consider, not an expert opinion....

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I couldn't help but notice people slating this post within 20 minutes of it being posted. There is no way that you read the paper in this time. By the time the post reaches the "Newest Threads", by the time you find it and read it and then respond.....? Bollox!

In fact, one poster said he only read a few lines. This is what is wrong with people on this site. Everyone thinks they are right and are not willing to be enlightened. There is nothing wrong with being proved wrong and there is nothing wrong with opening up to the possibility of being wrong or having new doors opened. Deny ignorance?

This site has gone downhill fast in the past year or three. I don't see what is wrong with reading the paper first and THEN responding. Look at what powerful speakers have done in history. Much to the ignorance of their people....

[edit on 19/4/2010 by itchy_tartan_blanket]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutantgenius
reply to post by K J Gunderson

I think the point is this: If you never listened to his speeches then you would not know the man, his policies, his personality, his ideas.

Actually, the point is that is just about the most ignorant thing I have read here yet. Deaf people had no clue what Obama stood for?

Therefore you blindly voted for him which is stupid.

What is stupid is this idea that I had to LISTEN to his speeches to know anything about him.

Or you proved the point of the OP to *some* degree as you must have been manipulated by the Obama media frenzy and voted for him(?)

Neither but you have gone a long way to prove that stormdancer and the fans starring that post have no use for critical thought. Aside from that, I already made it clear that I was informed, just not into listening to speeches.

For one thing, I listen to all kinds of things, just not speeches. In lieu of LISTENING TO SPEECHES, I do something called reading. Why should I waste an hour listening to a halting 10 minute speech full of applause breaks. I have no need to HEAR something to understand it.

Nice job you all did in trying to claim that deaf folks have no clue what is goin on though.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
I believe you've answered your own question... You don't listen to his speeches - Ergo, you are NOT subjected to the NLP.
As far what is your problem... I've no idea!

Then I did not answer my own question. I asked you how this applies. Please explain. I voted for the man. I did not LISTEN TO HIS SPEECHES. So how can you claim that his support comes from hypnosis induced by his SPEECHES when I am clearly stating I supported him without being subjected to his magical powers. Can you explain that?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by itchy_tartan_blanket
I couldn't help but notice people slating this post within 20 minutes of it being posted. There is no way that you read the paper in this time. By the time the post reaches the "Newest Threads", by the time you find it and read it and then respond.....? Bollox!

In fact, one poster said he only read a few lines. This is what is wrong with people on this site. Everyone thinks they are right and are not willing to be enlightened. There is nothing wrong with being proved wrong and there is nothing wrong with opening up to the possibility of being wrong or having new doors opened. Deny ignorance?

This site has gone downhill fast in the past year or three. I don't see what is wrong with reading the paper first and THEN responding. Look at what powerful speakers have done in history. Much to the ignorance of their people....

[edit on 19/4/2010 by itchy_tartan_blanket]

Yet, you have no problem with the fact that the OP pushing, promoting, and contributing to this line of BS cannot even explain any understanding of the document he posted?

Sure, OPs that post docs they cannot even begin to explain themselves are ok but people responding to the OP and WHAT THE OP said are wrong?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I don't deny that Obama sells himself and his policies. He is graceful, compelling and charismatic. But to say that he is purposefully hypnotizing us is quite a stretch. I mean, if he's using hypnosis, why do half the people hate him? And why do those of us who do like him find fault with him on a regular basis?

[edit on 4/17/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

Graceful, compelling and charismatic....sure, when it comes to reading a teleprompter preloaded with a speech someone else wrote.

Look on youtube for the times when his teleprompter goes out mid-speech. Talk about having the rug pulled out from under you! You'd think being the leader of the free world would entail being fast on your feet when under stress, able to improvise on the spot. Not the noise that ends up coming out of his mouth, usually "uuuuhhhhh, ummmmm, uuuhhgh," then he quickly points at someone in the crowd. How graceful!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Professor Tomorrow
The television is a hypnosis box. It places you in a disassociative state as soon as you give up critical thinking. That's why people sit in front of it for hours.

That may apply to casual viewers of Glenn Beck and Hannity... I personally feel very critical of what I see on TV. Every time that GWB dummy would utter another piece of nonsense, I'd feel revulsion. Maybe it was an attempt at hypnosis that went terribly wrong!

Back to the OP -- it has no merit. The document just contains an allegation, which I find entirely un-compelling. What I find there are same cliche phrases that thousands of other speakers are using, besides Obama -- like "now is the time to help families". Is this "hypnosis"? Puh-leeeeeze.

What a load of bull.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Oh God help us all. We are being deliberately and nefariously mass hypnotized by Obama? Did the DMV actually let you have driving priviledges?

For Pete's sake, the mass anything going on here is the mass hysteria and group think prompted by the incessant pounding of Beck and all the lower tier "conservative" radio hosts and your friendly neighborhood evangelical paster. You guys are having distrust and fear pumped into your brains daily by authrotiy figures you readily give in to.

Obama is the least of your worries when it comes to hypnosis.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

Obama is Hypnotising the Masses - FACT!

I have learned on ATS that whenever anyone includes FACT! or PROOF! in thier headline in big capital letters with an exclaimation mark it is a without exception a segway to just the precise opposite.

It's like a used car salesman saying "TRUST ME!"

[edit on 19-4-2010 by maybereal11]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Who wrote this? What are their credentials?

I did start to read the document, but I began to ask too many questions. And he uses a photoshopped picture in his document... Not too great for credibility...

I went straight to the end and saw the cigarette pic, which is known to be 'shopped. And then I looked at the footnotes and started laughing at how ANYONE would take this crap seriously. The sources are laughable: "People use the word "trance," therefore Obama is putting people into trances.

Ooh, hypnosis! Because we all know hypnosis works quite well in a wide-open, general setting full of distractions.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I just wanted to say one thing before I go back to reading the thread. To all the people saying "hypnosis doesn't work unless you want it to" I just want to throw this out there:

After the 8 years of Bush didn't Americans WANT HOPE and CHANGE? Weren't most Americans waiting for someone to tell them what they wanted? That's just a question that popped up in my head.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I love all the smoking analogies in the beginning that attempt to compare Obama supporters to smokers in denial of a habit:

If you are a smoker, but tell yourself consciously that you are a nonsmoker, that information is stopped by your own critical factor, not allowed to pass into your own subconscious because your own critical factor knows it is not true. Thus even you can’t get information past your own critical factor.

Many genuinely want to support him like smokers want a cigarette, and as smokers, we find the logic to justify how we feel.

Then here comes the Obama "smoke" photo at the end for the coup de grâce:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d3ba0497acdd.jpg[/atsimg]

Which is an absolute hoax of course:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d523065d49ad.jpg[/atsimg]
I called this one out in my own thread in May of 2008 and this old document has been floating around since then and is getting a jump-start.

This writer doesn't seem to be above using outright fakes to support his assertion of hypnotic manipulation from the Left, which is very suspect. That or the writer is a very poor researcher, in which case the whole argument presented here should be considered highly dubious.

This all came from the self-described: "Conservative Weekly Voice of Nevada", the defunct Penny Press and far-righter Fred Weinberg.

Weingberg is a conservative and staunch GOP supporter (which reluctantly includes Ron Paul, though he believes him to be nutty). Here is another one of his more recent articles where he doesn't beat around the bush with awkward partisan assertions backed up by weak analogies and vague connections to hypnosis techniques:

OBAMA ACTUALLY THINKS HE'S SUPERIOR TO US

It has taken me awhile to put my finger on exactly what’s wrong with Barack Obama, but it hit me the other day, watching him exhort his Democratic Horsemen of the Apocalypse onward towards healthcare reform.

This guy actually thinks he’s smarter than the rest of us. Choate-Wienberg

*my bolds

No agenda there.

Should this even be considered an unbiased source?

- Lee

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Don't we all have to be mind controlled to some extent? Otherwise how would we keep a society running, especially one where 1% of the population has all the $$$, just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I will say that the paper makes a decent case for Obama using some of the techniques of Ericksonian hypnosis. However, when you consider the conversational and consentual nature of Ericksonian technique, it doesn't really seem any more ominous than saying that he is a politician.

The truth is that a lot of the elements of Ericksonian hypnosis that Obama uses here are a standard part of advanced sales language and are taught during college level public speaking courses under the heading of "persuasive speaking". His cadence and pacing is indeed designed and practiced to lull people into a state of comfort and familiarity.

This is hardly unique. You could take a look at John McCain's speeches (and his background suggests a lower level of manipulative speculation than the far more academic Obama) and see a lot of the same techniques being applied in a less refined form.

It is the nature of political speech. You have either the firebrand whose delivery and content is designed to get the audience fired up in opposition to an "enemy" or you have the svengali who seeks to be allowed into people's confidences.

The problem is that Ericksonian technique is near impossible to execute on a non-participatory subject. It is far closer to a guided meditation than to the science fiction hypno-beam mind control that the author of this paper seems to think is in play here.

Obama is ultimately a salesman, a huckster, a player. Does he use coercive technique in his speeches? Of course he does, he won the election didn't he. Is it a form of mind control? No more than George W. Bush's Everyman Wouldn't-You-Love-To-Have-A-Beer-With-Me? technique, or Bill Clinton's easy going charisma so on and so forth since the dawn of the electoral process.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by RobertAntonWeishaupt]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Thank you OP, this is probably one of the best front pagers I have seen in a while...

I enjoy hearing all the people disagree with the whole thing when they haven't even read it all. I blame the education and a diet of too much processed sugars for the lack of attention span, I mean it is 60 pages for crying out loud... The first responder to this thread actually got caught up on the pictures lol, good stuff all around!

Maybe it is just a coincidence that Bush Jr. was an atrocious speaker, and the next puppet in line can actually form a sentence. The only problem Ericksonian hypnosis is it's greatest strength, when done properly it will look like a simple conversation. Your not supposed to be any the wiser, I suggest the naysayers to actually do some research on "conversational hypnosis" as well as "Ericksonian hypnosis", the hypnosis is very real.

Have a great day everyone!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Riding on the heels of the OP’s now famous: “New Evidence Emerges On Obama's Background!!! Blockbuster which somehow found its way into the HOAX bin, the OP is unwavering in his diligence to provide another suspenseful sequel. Offering more shocking chills, chock full of more spills...and more lies.

Yes I did read the entire 67 pages.
It was no Healthcare Reform Bill mind you, but I enjoyed the ending.

It is ironic that in much the same way as the unknown author of the lengthy tome sprinkles personal opinion and conjecture in with convenient “research” where it it seems to back his wide-eyed claims, the OP mimics exact same technique.

The deception is achieved by presenting purportedly voluminous research from which key phrases are “cherry-picked.” In this manner, outrageous and absurd allegations are presented as FACT. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Here are a few choice quotes:

Young people and more educated people actually have lower hypnotic subconscious suggestibility thresholds for scientific reasons explained.

So basically: older, less educated people are immune to his manipulation.

Absurd in and of itself but on page 63 under the sub-heading: “The effects of Obama’s hypnosis on young people, and more educated people” It discusses how impressionable youth are with a “need to believe” and then moves directly on to: Conclusion and commentary No data is presented as to why educated people are so readily manipulated.
Hmmmmmm.

A few other key phrases presented as fact rather than the opinion they are:
(Outlandish quackery.)

Obama is committing perhaps the biggest fraud and deception in American history.

The techniques used by Obama are the most deceptive forms of communication known to man.

Obama’s techniques overcome the will without convincing the judgment through trickery.

To say Obama’s amazing following and rise to power is simply because he is a great speaker is not logically sufficient.

So in yet another twist in the never ending attempt to smear our President, the OP strives for a “dazzle them with BS overload” approach. Once again EPIC FAIL. Without an author noted (cited source) I see this tripe ending up with the last one in the HOAX shredder bin.

It ain’t hypnosis folks, it is called intelligence and charisma. Oh noes, voodoo, black magic and spells. Woooooooooo.

Must support Obama………but need food now………pizza is good.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Aha, the ole' Kenyan mind control trick. I new it was something!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by minigunner
Aha, the ole' Kenyan mind control trick. I new it was something!

Love that line, makes a nonsense out of pseudo-intellectual claptrap!

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I believe what Obama is using here is called COVERT hypnosis and Bill O’Connell wrote a book on it that can be downloaded here.

People that claim to know what they are talking about by taking a few classes and then claim to deny ignorance are doing the exact opposite. Just because you were not taught these techniques does not make them any less valid. I suspect a great many disinfo units are coming out of the woodwork on this one.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Originally posted by kozmo
I believe you've answered your own question... You don't listen to his speeches - Ergo, you are NOT subjected to the NLP.
As far what is your problem... I've no idea!

Then I did not answer my own question. I asked you how this applies. Please explain. I voted for the man. I did not LISTEN TO HIS SPEECHES. So how can you claim that his support comes from hypnosis induced by his SPEECHES when I am clearly stating I supported him without being subjected to his magical powers. Can you explain that?

You know what I find so entertaining about people like you? You're ability to deflect and obfuscate when it suits you.

I've no desire to lower myself to petty ad hominems, but if you voted for OBama without listening to his speeches, then you read something you liked about him. Is that really so hard for you to grasp? No one ever claimed that EVERYONE who voted for Obama were hypnotised. The premise of the thread, if you had approached it with objective eyes - which you did not, was that his most adoring supporters may have been or are in a type of trance brought upon them by NLP and Conversational Hypnosis (AKA Eriksonian Hypnosis).

But rather than address this possibility, use the brain God gave you and apply it to THE DOCUMENT I provided, you immediatley began dissembling and obfuscating in a rather sorry attempt to derail the thread. We UNDERSTAND that you love Obama unconditionally - it is evident in every single thread where his name is mentioned - but that has nothing to do with this thread. Might I suggest that you begin a thread titled "We LOVE OBama unconditionally!" where you guys can gush all over him with your little schoolgirl crushes.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join