It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Senate climate bill to be unveiled April 26

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

US Senate climate bill to be unveiled April 26

www.alertnet.org

A long-awaited compromise bill to reduce U.S. emissions of carbon dioxide and other gases blamed for global warming will be unveiled by a group of senators on April 26, sources said on Thursday.

The legislative language to be sketched out in 11 days, according to government and environmental sources, is being drafted by Democratic Senator John Kerry, Republican Senator Lindsey Graham and independent Senator Joseph Lieberman.

Backers of the environmental bill hope the unveiling will pave the way for the full Senate to debate and pass a measure in June or July if the compromise attracts en
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
OK Cap and trade WILL destroy the last of the US and WORLD economy. the VAT (Value Added Tax) WILL kill the economy. any further taxes will harm not help the economy. everyone with a basic understanding knows that when the economy is strong you can raise taxes. when the economy is on it's last leg you DO NOT create MORE taxes. what can the GOV't do to help the economy?? easy. remove the property tax (which is unconstitutional. It is like you are paying rent to the government) remove the income tax (Which is also unconstitutional) and lower all sales taxes. and lastly DO NOT CREAT more taxes. JFK did it and look how much better the economy got?

www.alertnet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinveezy

Vinveezy.....

The whole global warming thing is a scam by politicians to....

- Be seen to be doing something constructive when in reality, they've lost the plot

- Gain more control of national & global cash flow, thereby facilitating wealth redistribution to their liking

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 17-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Its all been planned globally for a long time now. When Copenhagen failed and 'climategate' happened it just pushed back the time frame. In the original plan all the carbon taxes would of gone to the world bank/IMF with no clear direction for how the funds would be spent. It is just the bankers continuing their slow steady takeover of the world. After the whitewash of the CRU by the UNa week ago, the agenda is in full swing again.
Plus they want to keep the third world from developing because they don't want any more middle classes developing worldwide, and they want to put a stop on their consumption of resources, especially oil. Because we are running out of oil and we just passed peak. The military just said we are going to face massive shortages by 2015 and small shortages by 2012, check it out. US Military Warns: Peak Oil 2012
(yes thats a shameless plug
)

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Erm...sorry...what do you mean by "Climategate"?

I mean, I know what you think you mean, but I doubt you did much study on what actually transpired and what the outcome was to begin with.

I am asking this question so you, in your desire to be "right" will do the google thing and accidently come across how point by point it was either debunked as a scandal, or taken so far out of context and spun that you might give pause for a half second and think...hmm...perhaps these corporate owned lobbiest did stretch the truth a little bit...and suddenly you realize the true scam isn't noting the simple facts, but what the deniers and "gaters" are trying to push...(and of course who they are sponsored by).

In saying that, I dont believe cap/trade is a good solution...frankly, I think its a dumb and useless measure. This is simply saying...we are dumping poison in our dinner at 2 scoopfuls a minute...lets reduce it to 1 scoopful a minute. Its "tarded thinking".

Technology is the only way to get us out of the mess...we created this mess through progress, we will get out of it through progress...not by sticking a damned filter on the messmaker to begin with. If the gub-ment was thinking clearly, they would start laying out massive plans for a infrustructure built on solar power to give a huge reduction in dirty energy to begin with...and start development for GM trees that will consume carbon and convert it to a non greenhouse gas that works about 400 times greater than your common tree, etc. Basically, their approach to clean up tech is nice, but it wont help the problem.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

If this were about the environment then they would do something different. This is about bringing the developed world economies to their knees and pushing a billion more people in to poverty.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Ah but it is about the environment. Well, it's about exploiting the environment. Thank you Saturn FX for setting the record straight. The real conspiracy here is not some "false climate science" bullshiz, it's the mega-corporations that have a complete disregard for the environment getting their same charlatans to spin the same lies that you people keep believing.

Now I am NO proponent of Cap and Trade, I know that it is a giant scam, yet another money-grab to strip away what little wealth the middle-class still possesses.

I can't believe that people are still denying the science of this. What fantasy world are you living on? This is simple cause and effect. The cause? Technology. Oh noes! But yes, technology and our advancements do have a price, and that price is disruption of the medium-term carbon cycle. Everything has a downside, and your looking it in the face but refuse to acknowledge it. The effect? Warming of the atmosphere, and pollution of the environment. Did all you people really believe that we could just do anything we want, destroy ecosystems and disrupt natural processes, and nothing would happen? The Earth is a perfectly balanced top, spinning in space, and we just knocked it off balance.

So please, just man (or woman) up, and face the facts. We have created this problem with our addiction to technology, and the only way we can solve it is... well as Einstein said, "You cannot fix a problem with the same thinking that got you into it." Or something along those lines...

That's my glorious rant,
NEXUS

[edit on 17-4-2010 by NoEXcUseS]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vinveezy

OK Cap and trade WILL destroy the last of the US and WORLD economy. the VAT (Value Added Tax) WILL kill the economy.

I agree it's certainly not in a position for this. And with the economic effects of the Iceland volcano. The instability in the EU the looming debt crisis. The passage of mandatory healthcare and it's impact on expendable income. The lack of funds for social security and medicaid and increasing deficits etc how can they make it any worse?

They seem hell bent on blindly going ahead and wrecking the economy and destroying peoples standard of life.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

From E-mail:

To: ray bradley ,[email protected], [email protected]
Subject: Diagram for WMO Statement
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 13:31:15 +0000
Cc: [email protected],[email protected]

Dear Ray, Mike and Malcolm,
Once Tim's got a diagram here we'll send that either later today or
first thing tomorrow.
I've just completed Mike's Nature trick of adding in the real temps
to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) amd from
1961 for Keith's to hide the decline. Mike's series got the annual
land and marine values while the other two got April-Sept for NH land
N of 20N. The latter two are real for 1999, while the estimate for 1999
for NH combined is +0.44C wrt 61-90. The Global estimate for 1999 with
data through Oct is +0.35C cf. 0.57 for 1998.
Thanks for the comments, Ray.

Cheers
Phil

(emphasis mine)

From E-mail:

To: [email protected]
Subject: Fwd: CCNet: PRESSURE GROWING ON CONTROVERSIAL RESEARCHER TO DISCLOSE SECRET DATA
Date: Mon Feb 21 16:28:xxx xxxx xxxx
Cc: "raymond s. bradley" , "Malcolm Hughes"

Mike, Ray and Malcolm,
The skeptics seem to be building up a head of steam here ! Maybe we can use
this to our advantage to get the series updated !
Odd idea to update the proxies with satellite estimates of the lower troposphere
rather than surface data !. Odder still that they don't realise that Moberg et al used the
Jones and Moberg updated series !
Francis Zwiers is till onside. He said that PC1s produce hockey sticks. He stressed
that the late 20th century is the warmest of the millennium, but Regaldo didn't bother
with that. Also ignored Francis' comment about all the other series looking similar
to MBH.
The IPCC comes in for a lot of stick.
Leave it to you to delete as appropriate !
Cheers
Phil
PS I'm getting hassled by a couple of people to release the CRU station temperature data.
Don't any of you three tell anybody that the UK has a Freedom of Information Act !

(emphasis mine)

Mike,

Can you delete any emails you may have had with Keith re AR4?
Keith will do likewise. He's not in at the moment - minor family crisis.
Can you also email Gene and get him to do the same? I don't
have his new email address.
We will be getting Caspar to do likewise.
I see that CA claim they discovered the 1945 problem in the Nature paper!!
Cheers
Phil

The whole thing was based on global government, which is why they all wanted for global warming to be real. Here is a link to a huge e-mail a lot of them received in 2003, too big to quote.
Earth Government
While this 'earth government' plan claims to have high aims, remember every government/corporation/institution says they do.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
yup taxing our health and then taxing us to breath is the end of freedom. Period..

Yet all hail caesar, for we are not of equel men and women..

This is speculation of course.. But if cap and trade passes in its form, just wow.. It will trully be miserable to be alive... Just in my opinion. So many taxes. I am sure it will trickle down to the civilians as well..

I am over these tax prgrams, and mandates of liberty's. Let us not forget the excise tax coming as well. To put this in simle terms, if your poor now, you will never get rich, you will either be dependant on a system, or pay for that system.. If all this megalomania occurs... It almost reminds me of the fight with comunism, and facism, in the 30's and 40's in Europe...

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
dp server is lagging today..

[edit on 17-4-2010 by Bicent76]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by time91

And read more into it and what they are discussing.
The issue is trying to compare the measurements to tree rings and how trees cannot be used as they were pretending they could be used for ring confirmation in recent history.
That was indeed a fabrication...but the initial studies, the trend, and the overall science is not a fabrication, just the ring thing.

seriously...stop going to the far right corporate sites that use this crap to twist the understandings and remove context.

or not...nevermind, you wont...ignorance is better than having to relearn something correctly.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

oh totally I never really believed in "global warming" it all seemed ridiclous to me. I always thought of the Medieval Warm Period. When chlimate gate came out i was like "I told you so" to every one I knew

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Its not even just about the CRU! It is sensationalized all the time and more and more lies have been exposed, since 'climategate'.
35 Inconvenient Truths
Rainforests and Polar Bears LIE
No Warming Trend Since 1895
That last one is from the "far right corporate site that use this crap to twist the understandings and remove context" known as the NEW YORK TIMES. Deny ignorance, sir.

Everyone who is a proponet for global warming has something to gain by saying it is real. There are too many ulterior motives behind the science for it to be trustworthy anymore. Global government (almost every western politician, bankers, supranational elites, all the foundations: CFR, Bilderberg, Trilateral, Club of Rome, on and on); A global tax that would keep the third world down and slowly turn the developed nations into states ruled by the 'elites'. The money would go to the World Bank/IMF (uh, the bankers that run nearly everything).

Mike Rivero sums up your position nicely:

"I mean, just because the data claimed to show the warming "Hockey Stick" got lost and the only data remaining shows no warming at all and just because Al Gore's Oscar-winning documentary was ruled by the British courts to be full of lies, and just because we had the harshest winter since 1963 and just because we got busted rigging the computer models and placing temperature sensors next to trash incinerators and air conditioning outflows and just because we selectively shut down temperature sensors in cooler northern latitudes is really no reason at all to doubt the revealed faith of human-caused global warming!"

I mean, what kind of a wacko conspiracy blogger would doubt what all these scientists are being paid to say?!?!?

[edit on 17-4-2010 by time91]

top topics

join