It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting poll resuslts regarding UFOs. Proof: No, Do people believe:YES

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Interesting that well over 50% of people in these polls believe in Aliens and the chance they have visited Earth. Now granted online polls can be manipulated and miss leading but 11 polls from different websites that cater to different people is significant.

This is just incredible to me. I ran across this today and though everyone might like a gander. Please feel free to sound off below

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Oh and random side note after being here for over 2 years and never posting just lurking (until about 3 days ago) i finally reached 20 post and this is my first thread! YAY! Hopefully the first of many.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Aliens could come down and walk into everybody's house and still some people would be physically accosting them screaming "Is it velcro or a zipper? Huh? Huh? How do you pee in that thing?!?" Because that's just how they are. I personally believe that extraterrestrials of several races have contacted the US government and are pursuing their own agendas right under our very noses, but the government helps them keep definitive proof from surfacing. I'm not out to convince anybody else.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth?
Oh and random side note after being here for over 2 years and never posting just lurking (until about 3 days ago) i finally reached 20 post and this is my first thread! YAY! Hopefully the first of many.

It's not a bad thread either, my first got nada

The polls are fairly interesting as a 'sort of' reflection of changing attitudes on the subject. I'm surprised that 10% of people in the AOL poll don't think there's any intelligent life out there. Call me OCD, but knowing how they arrived at that conclusion is intriguing.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Yeah, good results. There was a poll last year from ABC about their V series. It asked something like "If the visitors came, how would you react?" About 65% replied with "I would go and welcome them." But that was a poll just for the US... What i found interesting was the poll a month old which says that over 20% of the world believes aliens are on Earth disguised as humans... Things are surely coming together.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cybernet

Maybe some people on the planet have been reincarnated from souls or spirits from another planet. Physically human, but in a deeper spiritual way, nonhuman.

Since many believe ETs to have different cognitive abilities, like telepathy, some of these reincarnates could be aware, almost naturally, of the existence and use of such things.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I definitely believe that we have 'hybrids' on earth currently helping to pursue the 'alien agenda'. I dont want to come across sounding to crazy of course but from all the books ive read it seems to be heading more and mroe towards hybrid integration with our current race (the human race).

If aliens did appear how would the people of Earth react? Thats is an intersting question. I feel a few would welcome them with open arms, most would be highly suspect, anti-alien and outright hostile towards them. I can understand aliens not just landing on the White House lawn as some people say they should do. The repercussions of such a thing would be astronomical. Riots, mass suicides, mass murders, the collapse of most organized religons, it would literally shake the earth to its core. I like to think people could handle this, but i dont think most of them could

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Geeze i was hoping to get peoples thoughs on this. anyone?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I'm glad to see that all of these polls made a distinction between the belief in "alien life elsewhere in the universe" and the belief that "aliens are visiting the Earth in spacecraft".

I've always considered these to be two separate issues and think that they should be kept separate.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Proof: No, Do people believe:YES

Curious about the title. I suppose it would depend upon ones definition of 'Proof'.

There are numerous accounts of ' Trace evidence ' Not sure how this would apply.

They may be ours ( back engineered ) but then the question becomes, back engineered from what ?

www.ufoevidence.org...

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I also agree there is a large difference between alien visitations and life elsewhere in the universe.

Very rarely does trace evidence ever survive beyond hearsay and when it does it has the horrible tendency to disappear. I have read books and watched 'specials' ive seen so called 'impants' removed and tested. Its always inconclusive. Id love to find a smoking gun that proves once and for all. As for the toher trace evidence radiation, scorch marks, etc i just dont feel its enough. People are so closed minded in some respects on this subject that unless you drag out a lil gray man they wont eb convinced (and even then they probably would think it was a hoax, like foxs alien autopsy)

new topics

top topics

join