It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Eyjafjallajökull erupts so does Katla

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
To my untrained eye the area around Katla looks awfully jittery. Does anyone have an update? I want to think no news is good news, but all the MSM is putting out is recycled news. ATS members are keeping an eye on the tremors...what does this chart mean, if anything? Thanks in advance.
ashalerts.com...

[edit on 18-4-2010 by drclifford]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Right at this moment you can catch rather amazing flashes of lava on one of the Iceland webcams

eldgos.mila.is...

(If you don't see it, wait a few seconds and look at the area directly above the house in the center of the frame.)

This is not necessarily a sign of increased activity (it might even be a sign of a less ashy, explosive eruption) but it sure is cool to watch. We'll probably have to wait until morning in Iceland (which is only an hour or two away) to see what's actually going up right now.

As far as I know there's no news (which is good news) on Katla.

Here's the tremor read out for Eyjawhatserface

hraun.vedur.is...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Very Interesting to see what happens, hopefully nothing, but the track record doesn't look to good, 1100 years wow.
I also read about it here

nd while Eyjafjallajökull is a threat, it’s nothing compared to Katla, a larger and more dangerous volcano. In the past 1,100 years, every time Eyjafjallajökull has erupted, Katla has soon followed suit. “The volcanoes appear to be linked in some way, but it’s not quite clear how,” Dr. Williams-Jones said. “We don’t really know what’s down there.”
www.theglobeandmail.com...

<< 1   >>

join