It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Domestic terrorists as big a threat as al-Qaeda, says FBI head Robert Mueller

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Domestic terrorists as big a threat as al-Qaeda, says FBI head Robert Mueller

www.timesonline.co.uk

Fifteen years after the Oklahoma City bombing, the spectre of domestic terrorism has returned to haunt the Obama Administration, with a warning from the FBI that “home-grown and lone-wolf extremists” now represent as serious a threat as al-Qaeda and its affiliates.

The warning, from the FBI Director, Robert Mueller, came as the former President Clinton drew parallels between the Oklahoma City tragedy and a recent upsurge in anti-government rhetoric, while American television audiences heard Ti
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
"Suppose there were an anthrax attack, and suppose you had antibiotics..."

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
They're gearing up for the demonization of thought criminals for when the false flag (Operation Eagle Horizon May 17-19) goes off.
Most likely an anthrax attack - "the domestic terrorists will team up with Al Queda". OOOh, scary. Other pieces of the puzzle, a recent Huffington Post article. www.huffingtonpost.com...

"Never mind. The weapon will be a state-of-the-art agricultural sprayer launched from the countryside. It will fly at 229 m.p.h. and spray 660 gallons of liquid that in a single pass might cover as much as three square miles of cityscape. The aim is to spread inhalational anthrax through the population below."

Also, publicintelligence.net... FEMA has just asked this site to remove a public document detailing Operation Eagle Horizon.

Also, www.csmonitor.com... Obama goes from "scheduled" exercises to "no-notice" training exercises, cancelling the Las Vegas location to go with an unknown location.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
this right here for me is proof that the al-qaeda story is all fake and fiction

for me this is proof

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Now everyone is going to be looking in a paranoid manner at every small airplane they see in the sky. I'm sure it will be in some city with a massive number of people protesting, so that the fundies can say that it was the "hand of god" that struck them down. Frak me!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jcrash

The irony to me is that during the last decade the left kept pounding away at the line that we needed to understand and empathize with our enemies, that it was all due to socio-economic issues and could be reasoned with. Now, the same group with anti regard to anti-government 'extremists' believes there is no reasoning, no negotiation, and it all stems from extremist views of religion? Give me a break.

The anti-government 'extremists' only crime is wanting limited government and more individual freedom. The Islamic extremists envision an Islamic world ruled by Islamic clerics, more government and less freedom. Perhaps the government could reason with the domestic 'types' by reducing spending. Hell I don't think anyone even cares about taxes anymore. They just want a government which has the narrowest possibility of surviving another 20 years without collapsing.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by ararisq]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
The anti-government 'extremists' only crime is wanting limited government and more individual freedom.

Then vote in the people whom believe as you do and make the change you want. We dont have to understand your culture, your a flipping American, now stand up and start acting like one.

The government represents the will of the representatives. The will of the representitives are the choice of the people whom keep electing them. Its a pretty freaking easy philosophy to understand.

If your truely anti-government, you are anti-people. You can be Anti- Democrat or Anti-Republican...Anti-Conservative or Anti-Liberal...but you cant be anti-government and make sense. You simply cant be...the government = the people

Thats how it theoretically works, and guess what...thats how it actually works..because the fringe right or left is not represented only means theres not enough of them to matter. Stop planning on murdering people whom disagree with you and instead, formulate your arguement better...look at Bachman...she is a staplemark of lunacy...and proof that even the most insane can both vote and be elected as a rep...imagine if that mindset spread to other districts...soon the Bachman America would be installed...and without having to blow up buildings...go figure.

Welcome to the republic...if you dont like it...get (the vote) out.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
How much coin will they bilk us out of with this one? How can there be much left?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
The government represents the will of the representatives. The will of the representitives are the choice of the people whom keep electing them. Its a pretty freaking easy philosophy to understand.

That's how it is SUPPOSED to work. Lately it hasn't been working that way. Just look at the health care bill.

The funny thing is that we only hear about "domestic terrorists" when the Dems are in power.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
So the government's plan is to convince the populace to be afraid of.....

Themselves!

Before it was the terrorists overseas.

Then it was the "Extremists" EVERYWHERE else.

Now it's AMERICAN CITIZENS who are the threat.

Don't fall for this civil liberty removing BS America. Wake up and connect the dots.

Meanwhile the propaganda campaign and the war against your mind continues...

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Then vote in the people whom believe as you do and make the change you want. We dont have to understand your culture, your a flipping American, now stand up and start acting like one.

The anti-government 'types' won't be able to exercise that right when they are arrested.

In other words, you either shut up and concede to the will of the representatives for 2 years until the next election day or go directly to jail?

If your truely anti-government, you are anti-people.

That is completely false. The people targeted by this are not labeling themselves as anti-government. They are, by all accounts, anti-federalist which by the way was one of the two original political philosophies in this country.

Stop planning on murdering people whom disagree with you

Your base assumption is that everyone labeled by the federal government as a domestic extremist is actually set on murder. That is extremely gullible. The memo from last year should be clear enough proof that that is a lie.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Doesn't your post rest on the premise that Diebold is trustworthy?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcrashThey're gearing up for the demonization of thought criminals

Exactly. My advice and listen carefully people.

If you even live abroad and your being watched, if you even just hate america for all there crimes in your mind, and never will do anything, america may target you for no reason other you where born with morals and see there crimes are horrendous.

Thought crimes are totally stupid things as all humans hate something, and we are all thinking bad stuff.

But the people like this use thought crimes to go after people who do nothing to anyone. These people in power just want to kill and torture any human they can while in power and they get there highs especially if you do nothing and they destroy you.

For your own sake do not do anything people, just keep telling the truth about the government and police and the murder campaign these people get away with.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This is truly sad. They can't debate the issue's so they want to label people who disagree with them terrorist.

People in the Tea Party are not anti-government, they just want small and limited government.

The left wants unrestrained government. Obama said in a 2001 radio interview that the Constitution was fundamentally flawed because it restrains government and it doesn't talk about redistribution of wealth.

The left would call the Founders of this Country anti government.

They wanted limited government and they wanted to restrain and tie the hands of government to give more liberty and freedom to the individual.

This is why we have checks and balances. The Founders didn't want government to be unrestrained with unlimited power.

Obama and the progressives don't want to be restrained. They want to impose their ideology onto the American people and if you don't want to be changed and transformed by Obama then you're called an anti government, racist terrorist.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jcrash

I see this as a way for this government to be rid of those pesky Tea Partiers. What better way to discredit them then to stage an attack. The National Level Exercise file that FEMA wants removed I saved so if they do take it down.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Clinton is on TV linking the Tea Party to Right Wing Extremists similar to Timothy McVeigh and his supporters.

We need a national holiday for the day these people go to jail.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jcrash

Its anti American rhetoric slung by those in charge for the promotion of their elite agendas at the cost of freedom to & for the average citizen.

I agree, for me also this is proof AQ does not exist at all

[edit on 4/17/2010 by mikelee]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
this right here for me is proof that the al-qaeda story is all fake and fiction

for me this is proof

for me this is pretty much the end-all be-all too.

folks, this is your que, hope your ready.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Why do we have the lone wolves and small extremist groups? Are they all nuts? Or does it fall back to there being one natural leader out of any random grouping of 10 people?

If the government set themselves on a course of not trying to aggravate and agitate these kinds of people, then perhaps we would not have "dangerous domestic enemies".

Then again, a domestic enemy is any group or individual that has both the power and resources to remove constitutionally protected rights from the people. I happen to know of a decent sized group (round 400 or so) that endeavors to do just that on what seems to be a weekly basis. Casual investigation has shown their base of operation is on the East Coast of the US but they have connections in all 50 states, including money funneling.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The fact is that when the people that attend Tea Parties do become violent then it won't be an act of terrorism it will be an act of revolution because I've seen those people and they are grandmothers, grandfathers, fathers and mothers -- regular every day hard working citizens with families to lose.

If it gets to the point of violence from that group then the United States of America would have likely perished a few months earlier (e.g. rounding up of 'dissenters' for reeducation camps).

I promise you those people are not going to pull the trigger until the people they love are already being killed indiscriminately by the government. If violence happens during a Tea Party, I'm 110% convinced it'll be by someone trying to discredit the movement.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jcrash

"the domestic terrorists will team up with Al Queda"

This scenario was likely but the propaganda which has been spread in to the American mind is too deep and too effective to allow such an alliance. The same reason I can give for Russia and China..

The reason why they use hardcore propaganda in the first place is to change the mentality of internal militias, so that they may not ask for support, nor assistance from external forces or powers.

I think the situation will be the same as Afghanistan. I remember Hikmateyar who said "death to America" at the beginning of all his speeches, yes much of his support came from America indirectly..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join