It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Temperatures in Europe could rise as a result of planes being grounded across the continent, accordi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Temperatures in Europe could rise as a result of planes being grounded across the continent, according to research.

www.dailymail.co.uk

A study conducted after commercial flights were grounded for three days following the September 11 terror attacks found the average daily temperature range in the U.S. rose markedly - exceeding the three-day periods before and after by 1.8c.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Don't you just love this tripe!

It would appear that a study has been conducted that proves contrails(?) reduce day temperatures around the globe by behaving like cirrus clouds.

It won't be too long now before some bright spark suggests that we use chemicals in the contrails to amplify this affect to combat global warming.

Obviously these folk have decided that denial isn't going to work much longer and they are now selling the idea with softeners like this. After all they are only doing it to keep us all safe.

I don't intend to argue this with anyone (sick of it) This is just to highlight another example of propaganda by the MSM.

www.dailymail.co.uk

[edit on 17-4-2010 by kennyb72]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The Daily Mail
Which as usual only tells the half of the story it wants to tell.

Whilst daytime temps may well be slightly higher due to the lack of manmade clouds, nighttime temps will be lower. Net effect is a bigger diurnal range but no real change in mean temp.

(on an annual, global, scale, contrails result in a small, net, warming)

[edit on 17-4-2010 by Essan]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I wouldn't think there would be much of a change. I would think that the massive amounts of ash in the air would pretty much offset any effect that would be seen from a reduction of air travel.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
few more weeks of this and there wont be any early crops this year , so much for warmer climate , what about the visual sun....

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Planes use jet fuel consisting of hydrocarbons...aren't they meant to be causing the whole climate change thing with carbon dioxide being let in the air?

Yeah I'm not a big fan of Daily Mail...and it might not be due to the no planes...could be some other activity commencing/stopped?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
another way to put it is that

man created the last ice age

and

that man killed the dinosaurs.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kennyb72

this is a...Yeah But... story
when the US grounded her planes there wasn't this volcano filling the sky with ash...
seems to me Iceland is more than replacing whatever's lost from no planes...

Just my 02 cents

[edit on 17-4-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I wonder if anybody has figured out the Carbon footprint of this volcano yet?

link   
I'm not a scientist, nor do I play one on TV, but...

I wonder if anyone took into consideration, the days are getting longer and summer is approaching in the northern hemisphere for the warmer theory.

I also wonder if anyone has looked at how many contrails several million tons of ash equal.

link   
good! itll be nice to have some warm for once

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
Planes use jet fuel consisting of hydrocarbons...aren't they meant to be causing the whole climate change thing with carbon dioxide being let in the air?

That is a terrific observation! Air Travel Fast Becoming Biggest Cause of Global Warming.

I guess we are truly damned if we do and damned if we don't from the point of view of an unintelligent news journalist.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

I doubt that they will want to because I am sure it will dwarf all of the man-made carbon 'pollution'. It doesn't exactly play well to mention the far more significant natural causes of carbon when you are trying to convince everyone that their SUV is evil.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
If water vapor trails cool the planet, they should use fuel that emits greenhouse gas to balance it out. I know this is absolutely absurd. It's less absurd than the crap from these people. Why does anyone lend any credibility about global temperature effects in the MSM?????????????

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Iceland will be receiving a bill from Maurice Strong, David Suzuki, and Al Gore...net 30 days

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennyb72

A study conducted after commercial flights were grounded for three days following the September 11 terror attacks found the average daily temperature range in the U.S. rose markedly - exceeding the three-day periods before and after by 1.8c.

Wow, this is cause for great alarm!!! A whole 3 day sampling of temperatures proves that warming is man made. Stop the presses. At least they didn't say it was a SCIENTIFIC Study.

I'm waiting for the thread that the Icelandic Eruption was caused by man in order to lower Temps and combat Global Warming. That thread is coming I'm sure.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by kennyb72
I don't intend to argue this with anyone (sick of it) This is just to highlight another example of propaganda by the MSM.

This is not propaganda.

Your "news" source posted a FACT that has been known by many climate researchers since 2001. Heck I even posted a video that mentioned it a while ago...

We all know clouds reduce temperatures, it is a scientific FACT.

Contrails from jets turn into clouds and spread out, it is a scientific FACT.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Wow, this is cause for great alarm!!! A whole 3 day sampling of temperatures proves that warming is man made.

Actually it proves the opposite. That cooling is man made. When you remove the planes from the sky and their contrail heat shields the sun shines through and the temperature resets to where it is supposed to be in the first place.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Sorry but i think the Temperatures could lower not rise, i have seen a data map where some country, the temperature was lowering, i will post the link.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

We're on it! This volcano needs to be regulated immediately!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join