It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londoners call lack of contrails (Chemtrails), blissful

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Wow.....does anyone remember who Rube Goldberg was? (**)

First, this incredible idea:

The SIMPLE solution would be for each airliner to carry a few sets of reinforced carbon fibre pressure containers, that have either a glide device, or parachutes attached and flotation device for over water. When out of populated areas, the excess fuel can simply be pumped into these tanks, and jettisoned to be retrieved by dedicated recovery almost immediately.

Thanks for the chuckle, when I saw the word "SIMPLE"!

Made my morning.

Folks, let me give you "Airline Flight Planning 101":

EVERY flight, prior to dispatch (and these are FAA regulations, but are similar worldwide, per ICAO) MUST comply within certain parameters.

To keep this lesson short, and to nip this whole notion in the bud (hopefully), know at least this -- the "Maximum Gross Take Off Weight", at brake release, is dictated by several factors, but ONE of them is, the Max Landing Gross Weight, as estimated when arriving at destination, must be considered.

In other words, it is unlawful for an airplane to be dispatched to destination with TOO MUCH FUEL! This based on best estimates of fuel burn enroute. There are MANY times when, on certain long-haul trips, WE (pilots) wish to add a little extra, just for safety margins (fuel = time in the air) BUT, because we are "Landing Weight Limited", we cannot!

This is due to the predicted PAYLOAD that is expected, the fuel for the flight, plus additional requirements for Reserves, Alternates, etc.

We DO NOT just 'add' extra fuel, then 'throw it away' at the end of the flight!

That is absolute rubbish. I feel that the idea of that nonsense was planted by those "chemtrail" websites...shows their lack of crediblity, dunnnit?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Almost forgot, 'Rube Goldberg', as promised:

(**)en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 19 April 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonicology

Originally posted by dashar
People up around Manchester area are enjoying beautiful blue clear cloudless skys .

Up here in the Northern Isles we haven't seen blue sky for the past 3 days, it's totally clouded over. There is however a thin layer of grey dust on the cars outside. Perhaps it is because we are closer to Iceland?

There isn't usually a lot of aircraft in the sky up here anyway, so to be honest I wouldn't have noticed that there was a flight ban if I hadn't been made aware of it from other sources.

I was with my mates, camping all week from Tuesday last week til the weekend and didn't know anything about the world until we got back home and heard from family that the aviation had been put on hold. I said well that makes a change from all the Chemtrails and people should count themselves fortunate for being stranded because there could have been big losses in passengers travelling through volcanic ash clouds.

Thats like saying send a bus full of passengers into a full size sand hurricane being blasted with sand clouds all around and suffocating everybody in the bus because the oxygen regulating generator had been turned off to stop the sand particles from getting into the bus and therefore the engine also stopped.

Yes people are stranded at airports but they should consider their lives at the end of the day, they are survivors and are very fortunate.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Just adding some spice to your psychosis.

Planes lower temperatures on continents.

Grounding of planes across

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
My beautiful Skies are gone! replaced by hazy crap all over the Sun from
Chemtrails!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

I bet you five bob it rains, soon.

It's called WEATHER>

Deal with the reality, and stop with the nonsense and ignorance.

because, this is getting tiresome. And, logic has flown out the door, here at ATS...:shk:

Oh, and here..... Dublin weather forecast

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Its amazing how short term peoples memories are.

This time last year the weather was exactly the same. We had a very pleasant early and late spring, and then the weather got cloudier and wetter in the main summer months.

This kind of weather is not unusual at this time of year as the pressure systems alter when the earths tilt leans towards the sun at the start of the Northern Hemispheres spring and summer periods.

The original article deals with contrails, not chemtrails. The link is entirely the creation of the OP.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by weed whacker

I bet you five bob it rains, soon.

It's called WEATHER>

Deal with the reality, and stop with the nonsense and ignorance.

because, this is getting tiresome. And, logic has flown out the door, here at ATS...:shk:

Oh, and here..... Dublin weather forecast

Dont patronize me man

you better wake up! I woke up 45 years ago

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

OK...look, I did you the favour of clicking on that YouTube video.

Took me 30 seconds to see that is is FULL of BS!!!

Look at the captions, as it starts.

"10 to 20 million pounds" of "aluminum dust".

THEN, it (the video) tries to claim that the aluminum particles are IN the jet fuel, and go through the combustion process, and then are "sprayed" in the exhaust!!

I would think, by now, with all the news in the media about volcanic ash, that the concept suggested here would be understood to be BS!!!

Let me tell you about Jet engines....ONE of the instruments used to monitor an engine's power output is the EGT (Exhaust Gas Temperature) gauge.

THIS is in the exhaust! On the ground, at idle power, a typical EXHAUST temperature (and this is measured well downstream of combustion) is between 450 to 500 degrees Celsius.

In flight, at normal power settings, typical temps are in the 700-800 degree range.

INSIDE the combustion area (the plenum) where fuel is introduced, and burned, it reaches 2,000 degrees, Celsius.

Melting point 933.47 K
(660.32 °C, 1220.58 °F)

en.wikivisual.com...

Aluminum MELTS at 660 degrees Celsius!!!

Can you now see WHY that YouTube video is garbage?

Further....aircraft engines have FUEL FILTERS in the system, prior to the introduction of the fuel to the plenum. So does your automobile.

ANY particles, or contamination, in the fuel is FILTERED out!

Sorry, but reality intrudes on this fantasy BS of "chemtrails", every time.

NOW....the "10 to 20 million pounds" claim?

I will let YOU do the math, on that. Divide that incredible figure by the NUMBER of airplanes required. It is blatantly ridiculous. You must understand that WEIGHT is a limitation, for any flight.

[edit on 21 April 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

No, they're called contrails. And this event has shown very well that that is exactly what they are.

And many people are now much more aware of the effect of commercial air traffic, and aware of how they can follow commercial airflights in the internet to see exactly which Easyjet flight is causing the haze ....

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I am constantly linking the FlightAware site, for U.S. air traffic:

www.flightaware.com...

Now, thanks to the media reports of the iceland volcano, have this site, for Europe:
www.flightradar24.com...

Enjoy denying ignorance.

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
You keep looking with your conventional eye's! an ill keep watching with with my Artistic unconventional eyes!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I think it's safe to say clear skies are no more!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/37e64debd82f.jpg[/atsimg]

Last Saturday the sky was untainted by a single cloud of any shape or form all day long. This morning it's already totaly full of contrails

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Oh don't worry, it just water vapor.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I live about 7 miles from Heathrow.

I must admit, it was absolutely wonderful to look up into the clear skies and see no contrails.

It was also incredibly peaceful not hearing planes thundering over head.

But, alas, they have started again and seem much louder. I guess i got used to the quiet.

I have also been suffering some brutal hayfever, worse then usual. It could be related to volcanic particulates but then again, spring has finally arrived so it could be that.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 911stinks

And, so are cumulus clouds. And stratocumulus. And fractocumulus. And altostratus. Etc.

Water vapor. Higher altitudes, and it's more ice particles, because of the temperatures.

Has anyone here ever seen it rain? Seen dark storm clouds appear, build, lightning flash? Ever wonder what causes that? (Hint: Not some demons or 'gods' in the sky...)

Hurricanes...Cyclones (same thing, different hemisphere). Natural occurences. Been happening even before MAN existed....

ALL of these are natural occurences. Clouds form, in nature, BECAUSE there are always some sort of dust particle, some sort of naturally-occuring item, even if microcopic, that forms the nucleus of each droplet.

In engine exhaust (if autobobiles diesel trucks could fly, THEY would form contrails too) there are tiny particles. Called pollution. In major metropolitan areas it has been dubbed with a made-up word, now commonplace --- "smog".

Smog, by itself, is bad enough, and not always man-made. For instance, even in ancient languages of native Americans, pre-industrial era, who lived in the Los Angeles, California "basin" area, they referred to the skies being clouded, 'smoky',

Environmental issues

The name given by the Chumash tribe of Native Americans for the area now known as Los Angeles translates to "the valley of smoke". because of the smog from native campfires. Owing to geography, heavy reliance on automobiles, and the Los Angeles/Long Beach port complex, Los Angeles suffers from air pollution in the form of smog. The Los Angeles Basin and the San Fernando Valley are susceptible to atmospheric inversion, which holds in the exhausts from road vehicles, airplanes, locomotives, shipping, manufacturing, and other sources.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just for example...and to show HOW such conditions have existed well before airplanes ever existed.

The word "smog" is a mash-up of the two words 'smoke' and 'fog'.

What is fog? Well, according to historical records, I would think that London qualifies as one of the foggiest cities on Earth. What causes fog? Some of it is due to Human pollution, of course. BUT, fog existed well before the industrial age, too.

FOG is, essentially, clouds. Stratus, specifically, that happens to be lying on the ground.

en.wikipedia.org...

Fog is a cloud that is in contact with the ground. A cloud may be considered partly fog; for example, the part of a cloud that is suspended in the air above the ground is not considered fog, whereas the part of the cloud that comes in contact with higher ground is considered fog.

Fog is distinguished from mist only by its density, as expressed in the resulting decrease in visibility: Fog reduces visibility to less than 1 km, whereas mist reduces visibility to no less than 1 km but less than 2 km. For aviation purposes in the UK, a visibility of less than 2 km but greater than 999 m is considered to be mist if the relative humidity is 95% or greater - below 95% haze is reported.

The foggiest place in the world is the Grand Banks off the island of Newfoundland, the meeting place of the cold Labrador Current from the north and the much warmer Gulf Stream from the south. Some of the foggiest land areas in the world include Point Reyes, California and Argentia, Newfoundland and Labrador, each with over 200 foggy days per year.

No mention of London, but oh well. Still, London does have that reputation, even if underserved.

Fog forms when the difference between temperature and dew point is generally less than 2.5 °C or 4 °F.

Fog begins to form when water vapor condenses into tiny liquid water droplets in the air. Conversely, water vapor is formed by the evaporation of liquid water or by the sublimation of ice. Since water vapor is colorless, it is actually the small liquid water droplets that are condensed from it that make water suspended in the atmosphere visible in the form of fog or any other type of cloud

Contrails, formed by the interaction of the hot exhaust gases from jet engines as the airplanes traverse within airmasses with suitable humidity levels, are composed of ICE, mostly. The ONLY "chemicals" in them are from the result of hydrocarbon-based fuel combustion. The by-products of internal combustion engines (and, yes...even a jet engine is considered 'internal combustion').

THAT, my friends, is the science.

The "chemtrail" websites? NOT science. Not even close....

[edit on 24 April 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 911stinks

Actually, at that altitude, they're all ice crystals.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join