It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londoners call lack of contrails (Chemtrails), blissful

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Well..it is not exactly clearer..the silica particles of the volcano are still in the air. breathing silica is not exactly healthy IMHO. But it is, indeed, odd to see a sky devoid of contrails..I could get used to it.

I still wonder how much classic IC-engines are affected. I can imagine that some good air-filters in a plane's carb would make it not much of a problem, flying through a cloud of dust.
Let alone the fact that the dust seems to reside between 18.000 and 36.000 feet. Not the altitudes where the standard C172, or even ultra light flies.... Could be great for GA hobby pilots, not having to navigate a traffic-jammed airspace for a change..

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
It's probably mostly psychological, but a bunch of people are reporting feeling better, less depressed.

Imagine how depressed and self destructive you can keep people by blocking the sun out. Just a little bit, has HUGE effects.

To those saying there is only water vapor in jet exhaust, get a computer connected to the internet, because you haven't researched a sh8ttin thing.

The features of nonequilibrium processes in combustor, postcombustor flow, and in the plume of gasturbine engines which are responsible for the formation of gaseous pollutants, mainly, SOx, NOx, COx, HOx, HSOy, HNOy, and ions as well as for processes that give rise various sorts of volatile and nonvolatile (with soot core) aerosols and ice particles are considered.

The results of numerical simulation as well as experimental studies of these processes are reported.

Key words: nonequilibrium physico-chemical processes, combustor, plume, pollutants, ions, aerosols, atmosphere.

ftp.rta.nato.int...

The DEF STAN 91-91 and ASTM D1655 specifications allow for certain additives to be added to jet fuel:[6]

* Antioxidants to prevent gumming, usually based on alkylated phenols, e.g., AO-30, AO-31, or AO-37;
* Antistatic agents, to dissipate static electricity and prevent sparking; Stadis 450, with dinonylnaphthylsulfonic acid (DINNSA) as the active ingredient, is an example
* Corrosion inhibitors, e.g., DCI-4A used for civilian and military fuels, and DCI-6A used for military fuels;
* Fuel System Icing Inhibitor (FSII) agents, e.g., Di-EGME; FSII is often mixed at the point-of-sale so that users with heated fuel lines do not have to pay the extra expense.
* Biocides are to remediate microbial (i.e., bacterial and fungal) growth present in aircraft fuel systems. Currently, two biocides are approved for use by most aircraft and turbine engine

en.wikipedia.org...

The net is FULL of scientific papers showing that jet exhaust is much more harmful than auto exhaust, even coal plant exhaust.

The answer is electric aircraft. If they can be done on an RC scale, they can be done on full scale. The weight of the batteries is compensated for by the lack of fuel. Fuel weighs about 7 lbs per gal.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by 911stinks]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 911stinks

What's this got to do with grounded flights in Europe and how people are feeling?

Why are you derailing your own thread?

And no one is denying that there is just water vapour in jet exhaust, it is afterall, exhaust, it is the the water vapour that creates contrails though and if you had read your own source, you would have seen this is what is being discussed, soot and particulates being dispersed within the water vapour.

Anyway, can you show us some scientific papers that show that jet exhaust is worse than coal plant emissions?

While you're at it, have a look at how much pollution a paper pulp plant releases.

Truly shocking.

There's some links in this thread might help:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The answer is electric aircraft. If they can be done on an RC scale, they can be done on full scale. The weight of the batteries is compensated for by the lack of fuel. Fuel weighs about 7 lbs per gal.

Electric planes?

Where does that electricity come from?

Good chance it will be from a coal fired powered power plant.

And let's not get started on the logistical and engineering issues involved in electrical planes.

[edit on 18/4/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I've been enjoying the sunshine in Bristol - sunshine that the weather forecasters predicted before the volcano erupted. Sunshine always makes people more happy and relaxed.

The sky was cloudless yesterday and the day before but certainly not a very pleasant clear blue as there was a yellowish tinge on the horizon and a dirty tinge elsewhere, especially looking directly up.

The smell of sulphur is not tangible during the day because it's masked by diesel fumes. At night I can easily detect the smell of sulphur outside the city centre once the traffic has died down. It smells like burnt tyres. I have a keen sense of smell.

Today, despite continued closure of Bristol airport, there's quite a lot of clouds in the sky, which looks dirtier and hazier than yesterday.

I live about 9 miles away from Bristol airport and as far as I'm aware am not affected by any air traffic pollution from the airport. I have chronic rhinitis and the worst irritants for me are without doubt pollen, diesel and molds.

The air quality feels much worse than usual at the moment - there's certainly a lot of tree pollen about which gives me hayfever, so it's hard to tell whether any ash or sulphur dioxide from the volcano is causing additional irritation - but I can certainly see it, and smell it at night.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MrOrange82

Same here. I went out . Look up to the sky and felt good that there were no planes. Some large birds were flying very high and they seem to be enjoying the peace. Perhaps we should have one day a week without planes.

However, I was hit by a mysterious bug. I am now suffering from a fever and terrible physical pain.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Some people have really hardened their heart. You sir, are one of them.

The U.S. Air Force (USAF), as well as other military branches, has been working for almost 50 years to identify the cause of jelly-like contaminants in fuel-handling systems. Despite studies to isolate the gelatinous material that varies in color from light amber to dark reddish-brown and commonly referred to as "apple jelly

Earlier this year the team of researchers submitted to the DESC a 210-page report in which they detail how apple jelly is caused by diethylene glycol methyl ether (DiEGME) interacting with water and other fuel-system contaminants. DiEGME is an anti-icing inhibitor added to JP-8 jet fuel to prevent free water in a plane's fuel system from freezing at high altitudes.

"After DiEGME joins with water, it forms a very aggressive solvent," said Steve Westbrook, Manager of the Petroleum Products Technology section in SwRI's Engine and Vehicle Research Division. "When added to the fuel, DiEGME combines with free water and then reacts with dirt, rust, paint, fuel components, elastomers, and other contaminants in pipelines and fuel storage tanks. When this blend reacts with polyacrylate polymers used to manufacture water-absorbing fuel filters used in some military fuel-handling systems, it forms the thick, gooey, sticky substance known as thick apple jelly."

www.sae.org...

The majority of coal exhaust is steam, that is why it dissipates so quickly, unlike Chemtrails. Also, coal plants have scrubbers, which removes much of the contaminants in the exhaust.

Scrubbers, depending on the technology employed and the sulfur content of the coal, can remove between 90 and 97% (or more) of the sulfur dioxide emissions at a coal-fired electricity plant. Under the Clean Air Act Amendment of 1990, a coal-fired plant is required to have and surrender one SO2 emissions allowance for each ton of SO2 emissions during the year. SO2 emissions allowances have value and are actively traded.

www.glgroup.com...

But I think we can do better than coal, anyways.

And I think we can do better than "just accept that jet exhaust is killing us all"

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

What does a report on anti freeze have to do with contrails or chemtrails?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

If it's in the fuel, it get burned and ejected out the exhaust and into the atmosphere.

I thought you were a weatherman. Why do you consider yourself such and expert on jet exhaust?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by 911stinks

Originally posted by Chadwickus

If it's in the fuel, it get burned and ejected out the exhaust and into the atmosphere.

I thought you were a weatherman. Why do you consider yourself such and expert on jet exhaust?

Me personally, I'm running to the hills, to avoid the doom.

My kettle is making contrails right now, what do to, what to do...

Oh whew no its ok, its stopped now, catastrophe averted.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I thought the following picture and statement in the Londonist pretty much sums it up.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d2d07686500.jpg[/atsimg]

This week, for the first time in decades, we've seen a completely clear blue sky over London. No contrails. No clouds

londonist.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonicology

Originally posted by dashar
People up around Manchester area are enjoying beautiful blue clear cloudless skys .

Up here in the Northern Isles we haven't seen blue sky for the past 3 days, it's totally clouded over. There is however a thin layer of grey dust on the cars outside. Perhaps it is because we are closer to Iceland?

yup! The grey dust would be the ash from the volcano! If you want, you should collect some into a bag as a "souvenir" from Iceland!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Geo-engineering:

Add more clouds in the lower part of the atmosphere (the troposphere)

This is a rubbish idea! Did you know cloud cover INCREASES the temperature? Cloudy nights are always warmer than clear ones.

I think it is better that we do NOTHING. Mother Nature will kick us in the arse if we mess with it. Genetic Modification will come back eventually. There will be a mutation we never dreamed of that makes plants toxic to eat.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The pollution caused by the aviation industry doesn't affect your breathing air quality.
JP-8 is only used by the military.

[edit on 18/4/2010 by DGFenrir]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
double post...

[edit on 18-4-2010 by McGinty]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 911stinks
I thought the following picture and statement in the Londonist pretty much sums it up.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d2d07686500.jpg[/atsimg]

This week, for the first time in decades, we've seen a completely clear blue sky over London. No contrails. No clouds

londonist.com...

I've been in London 40 years and can confirm that this absence of cloud is unprecedented.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Dble post

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Yellow Teapot]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DGFenrir
The pollution caused by the aviation industry doesn't affect your breathing air quality.
JP-8 is only used by the military.

[edit on 18/4/2010 by DGFenrir]

And just how many planes do you think the Military has? It would seem to me, an awful lot more than you give them credit for, and that is without the ongoing Military programs to deliberately manipulate and transform the weather such as, "Weather as a Force Multiplier, Owning the Weather in 2025".

csat.au.af.mil...

A small taster...
A high-risk, high-reward endeavor, weather-modification offers a dilemma not unlike the splitting of the atom. While some segments of society will always be reluctant to examine controversial issues such as weather-modification, the tremendous military capabilities that could result from this field are ignored at our own peril. From enhancing friendly operations or disrupting those of the enemy via small-scale tailoring of natural weather patterns to complete dominance of global communications and counterspace control, weather-modification offers the war fighter a wide-range of possible options to defeat or coerce an adversary.

The Military are primarily there to hurt and kill people. And what you makes so sure that the civilian planes are not being tampered with?

It must be nice to be sooo trusting.

Peas.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by Yellow Teapot]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I hope we get weeks of clear blue skies.

I just went out and had a run in the sunshine, lyed down on the grass on a hill, on a field in a park and enjoyed the atmosphere and no planes, and then even climbed a tree for once lmao, good sh/t. Even thou it's not really hot, I feel like I'm in another country.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Isn't it ironic that the skies are clearer right now at one of the prettiest times of year in the NH, but the other volcano in Iceland might spew a poisonous cloud over the UK and Europe if it erupts?

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Damn! Jinxed it...

We now have cloud, but nothing major.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join