It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Londoners call lack of contrails (Chemtrails), blissful

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Call them contrails if you wish, but the fact of the matter is jet exhaust is FULL of chemicals, so, Chemtrails is proper title for the exhaust trails of flying aircraft.

In an eye-opening example of the pollution being caused by aircraft pollution,
people all over the UK (due to the grounding of all flights) are reporting the clearest skies in years, and even some are saying they are feeling better, more energetic.

Before this happened I don’t think anyone had actually stopped to consider just how much our love affair with aviation has come to dominate our surroundings, especially in a big busy airspace like that above London. But now that the telltale pollution trails have vanished we all notice, blissfully. I’ve just cycled into town, and the whole way I had my head tilted upwards, admiring the lack of contrails. It felt so… special.

www.ameliasmagazine.com...

Forums and blogs are full of rejoicing UK citizens.

So, no matter what you call them, I think we need to take a serious look at the effects, and contents, of what's being emitted from aircraft.

We force factories, cars, people to not smoke in building, but we allow aircraft to belch blue smoke and cover our skies with sticky skies and ignore it?

It's my air too. I need it to be clean, to live. Why is the atmosphere getting dirtier, instead of cleaner, with technology?

Where are the crystal clear blue skies in the mountains. Why are the valleys full of haze, and strange fogs. Why do weather patterns seem to swing more wildly and set new records every year?

Please, stop the Chemtrails.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I was just looking at the sky and how clear it was. 2 days running (thursday was cloudy) now. I don't care if planes never fly over Britain again. We finally got our skies back (even if they are somewhat hazy on the horizon!)

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
I was just looking at the sky and how clear it was. 2 days running (thursday was cloudy) now. I don't care if planes never fly over Britain again. We finally got our skies back (even if they are somewhat hazy on the horizon!)

I think some good could come out of this, and wake people up to the fact that we need to take a serious look at the airline industry, and the effect of the pollution from it.

With the technology we have these days, we can't do better?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
WOW this is so trueee. I live 2 miles from Heathrow Airport and I have NEVER seen the skies so clear and beautiful!

+21 more 
posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Isn't it a bit ironic? The skies are the clearest they have ever been but the flights are grounded due to volcanic ash in the sky?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
even the skies in west midlands are clean clean clean

woooooooo

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Just wondering, is anyone feeling better, or different?

I'm seeing lots of reports of what appears to be a positive
health effect.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
wonderful news!
maybe getting people to FEEL is even bigger than getting them to think. great it's having such an effect.
and you'll be happy to hear that skies are blissful here in iceland as well! (at least where i am.) there are still small propellor planes flying about though.
much love

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by darkcircle2009

I feel that this aviation shutdown is to study the effects of the Chemtrails.
Remember 9-11

It had been hypothesized that contrails may affect the weather, reducing solar heating during the day and radiation of heat during the night by increasing the albedo. The suspension of air travel for three days in the United States after September 11, 2001 provided an opportunity to test this hypothesis. Measurements did show that without contrails the local diurnal temperature range (difference of day and night temperatures) was about 1 degree Celsius higher than immediately before.

"Climatologist David Travis (University of Wisconsin-Whitewater) and colleagues studying the contrail-free skies over the United States in the aftermath of the September 11 terrorist attacks, when flights over U.S. airspace were grounded. They compared satellite imagery collected September 11-13 with 30 years of cloud-cover data and assembled a history of the temperatures across North America at the same time of year for the same period.

www.global-greenhouse-warming.com...

I'm glad someone is at least getting a reprieve from these things. They are harsh here today.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Definately not a coincidence then? It couldn't just be that spring is here?

I'm all for cleaner skies but I'm not convinced this sunny spell is entirely down to the lack of planes.

As for the positive health effects, well I don't know about anyone else but I'm always much cheerier when the sun is out..

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Great news.
People up around Manchester area are enjoying beautiful blue clear cloudless skys .
we are having great time outdoors playing with our kids the bubble machine is going strong with water fights, people are gardening cleaning windows and chatting like a big depression has been defeated, Bet the economy takes a knock on the chin though.
karma from Icelandic earth gods to commissar brown no doubt..

can not inbed videos lateley.I am within 15 crow miles of manchester and liverpool airports

www.youtube.com...

EDIT TO ADD ,, this could start to effect food production even the weather as it get thicker blocking the sun,this volcano erupted for months before...worrying 2012 anyone..

www.timesonline.co.uk...

[edit on 4/17/2010 by dashar]

[edit on 4/17/2010 by dashar]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashar
People up around Manchester area are enjoying beautiful blue clear cloudless skys .

Up here in the Northern Isles we haven't seen blue sky for the past 3 days, it's totally clouded over. There is however a thin layer of grey dust on the cars outside. Perhaps it is because we are closer to Iceland?

There isn't usually a lot of aircraft in the sky up here anyway, so to be honest I wouldn't have noticed that there was a flight ban if I hadn't been made aware of it from other sources.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I never got instant fever. Yesterday evening i got it, i feel terrible. My nose eyes(Hatsjiee uh towel please) I live in the Netherlands our skies are also very blue. But due to my sickness i got down on the couch opened up the balcony door and also noticed that there was almost no sound pollution.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
We all enjoy a change...and such a change would be wonderful until you want to fly to a different country

I live right next to a major air port in the U.S, and after 9/11, it was just strange looking up.

I thought there was a second event, maybe a year or two later that cancelled flights across the country for a few hours too? Can't remember.

My advice guys? Travel the world while it is still there

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Seems to be evil faces showing up in this "ash" cloud.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/74f719941286.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by 911stinks
Just wondering, is anyone feeling better, or different?

I'm seeing lots of reports of what appears to be a positive
health effect.

cant say its helped my man flu clear up but looking at a clear blue sky, is enough to cheer most people up, Maybe people wont be feeling so great when they cant get fruit from the supper market and other such items that rely on air traffic, still enjoy it while it lasts

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
dbpt

[edit on 17-4-2010 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Well, London is so polluted by cars and buses that I doubt the average Londoner notices much.

Luckily I live in the sticks and am not plagued by aircraft noise or their pollution, although I do work "on a flight path" of a regional airport and can say that aircraft make too much noise. Incidentally, I chose to live where I do because of the lack of light pollution!

As a frequent traveller I celebrate the access and convenience of cheap priced air travel. That said, I do think that Heathrow should not be expanded and the alternative airport sited in off-shore and well away from urban areas. I would like to see a plan to close Heathrow! I would also like to see the aircraft industry do more to find less noisy and polluting engines, if only to make Londoners happier and stop the environmentalists blabbering on.

Regards

Edit to add... Everyone feels much better because it is Spring!

[edit on 17/4/2010 by paraphi]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Never mind the Londoners im Ne and weather is spot on

Heres to hoping the planes wont start again.

Something else though.... Does the air seem a whole lot easier and fresher?
I noticed today mainly when walking the dog. FRESH!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Is this suppose to be a bad thing???

Grounding of planes across Europe 'could lead to rise in temperatures'

By Daily Mail Reporter Last updated at 4:40 PM on 17th April 2010

Temperatures in Europe could rise as a result of planes being grounded across the continent, according to research. A study conducted after commercial flights were grounded for three days following the September 11 terror attacks found the average daily temperature range in the U.S. rose markedly - exceeding the three-day periods before and after by 1.8c. Scientists claimed this showed that clouds formed by the water vapour in the exhaust from jet planes have a small but significant effect on daily temperatures. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join