It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure happend in 2003 by NASA or ESA This is huge of you realize this!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Disclosure in a way happend in 2003. No there are no evidence, documents, videos or pictures of aliens. But there is something else. That would blow up your mind if you realize that this is very huge! If you just stand still and forget what your doing and realize. Let it feel Let the implication of this realize your brains. How small you are how your earthly problems are nothing compared to this!

This was a video about the Hubble telescope and this is the picture shot with that telescope.

What do we see here?

These are not stars or planets what we see here. Every smuge or light what you se here is a galaxy. And there are seen here 3000 galaxies. Each galaxy contains trillion stars. How many stars? trillion stars. And each star has a possibillity of 1 or more planets. Our star has I guess 9 planets or sometrhing like that. And the planets have the possibillity of containing intelligent live. Do you realize that? And this is a shot of just a small piece of the universe equal to the size of the moon. It didn't even got the shot of the rest of what we see.

So are we alone? I bet that we are not alone. If we are alone then I am going crazy, in that case I don't get it. But very logical and almost the absloute truth is that we are not alone.
I am enthousiastic of this. I never realized this. This is awesome. And I got another video of how small we are.

If you realize this then this is for me the evidence that there is intelligent life elsewere. And the chances that it has visited earth is also increased. Because there must be so much civilzations that at least one of them has visited us. And the mythologies and relgion are attempting to say that.

May be this picture will let you realize how the chanses if intelligent life have increased.

Link to the.Gif animation

Now we have found water on Mars and Moon. So it increases the possibillity of life, but if you have realized the largnes of the universe it is worthless to say this.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by UFOexisist]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The universe is big, yes. There are lots of stars, yup! We have all looked up to the sky from the daily cheeseburger of life and had the same thought. However, this is the UFO section, not the "I've just realised that the sky is big" section. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Well, yeah -- Considering the shear size of the universe and considering what we know about life being able to thrive in many different environments makes it likely that life -- even intelligent life -- exists elsewhere in the universe.

This isn't a secret. Virtually all scientist have been saying this for years (even decades). NASA has bee saying this for years. Polls show that most average people believe that there is life elsewhere/somewhere in the universe. A very high percentage of educated people understand that the universe is so big that intelligent aliens most likely exist.

HOWEVER, this really isn't "disclosure". Disclosure is NOT about the idea that the universe probably has other intelligent life -- that idea is old and pretty well-accepted. Disclosure is all about humans knowing about the existence of aliens -- i.e., through visitation or other contact that is being kept secret from the public.

[edit on 4/17/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by nomadros

Well this is also an alien section. So the question if there is intelligent life. With this in mind you can't deny that anymore

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by UFOexisist
reply to post by nomadros

Well this is also an alien section. So the question if there is intelligent life. With this in mind you can't deny that anymore

Who is denying it?...At least, who is denying the possibility/probability of life elsewhere?

As I said, mainstream science (even NASA) has been openly discussing this possibility for decades, saying exactly what you are saying about the universe being a "big place". NASA pays astrobiologists to to look for life elsewhere. NASA openly believes that it is likely that life exists somewhere beyond Earth.

People may deny the existence of alien-controlled craft visiting Earth (or at least deny that there is enough evidence), but that is FAR FAR different than denying that life may exist somewhere else in the universe.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Well I have heared on Tv people who were discussing this subject were denying it. On several internetforum there are people who deny that.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This is not disclosure. Disclosure refers to the government admitting that they know of alien life (ie have proof in some form or other). Even just in the observable universe, there is an estimated 200 billion galaxies. Coincidentally, there are roughly 200 billion stars in THIS galaxy alone. Now, not every star will have planets, but that is one one hell of a lot of possibilities. The very thought that we are the only life in the entire universe is astoundingly arrogant and hugely improbable. However, all this said, taking pictures of this and announcing such information do not equate to disclosure.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
let me help ya out here OPs

and

And now the comment

The debate is not about if there are advanced alien species out there somewhere...even most hardcore skeptics do accept there most likely are...the question is, are they visiting earth at this moment in time.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
oh, you forgot one to add to your collection since you enjoy the "vastness" stuff

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by UFOexisist

Well I have heared on Tv people who were discussing this subject were denying it. On several internetforum there are people who deny that.

I do understand what you're saying about the size of the universe -- and that's a very good point.
I'm just saying that this is not exactly "Disclosure".

And yes -- it's true that there are "extremes" in every profession -- even some scientists who say that life is so rare that the Earth is unique, and it's true that there are a few "naysayer-type" people on the internet who enjoy being contrarian when it comes to life elsewhere.

However, those people are few and far between -- especially in science. Over the past several decades it has become more and more apparent that life probably is not unique to the Earth, and in fact may be quite ordinary.

I have seen scientists on TV describe "what if" scenarios discussing the possibility that we are alone in the universe, but even they don't seem to actually believe what they are saying -- they are just scientists who are doing their job by "questioning everything". That's what scientist do.

It seems you are preaching to the choir. It's true that there are SOME people who deny that life can exist beyond the Earth, but the very large majority of people think life elsewhere is possible and even probable.

By the way, I have been using words such as "most likely" and "probably" and "possible" when describing life elsewhere, and that's only because we can't say with 100% certainty that life does exist elsewhere. Personally, I'm 99.999% sure of it, but I can't be positive until that life is found.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by UFOexisist

If viewing that image convinced you that life exists outside of our planet then watch this video or rent Privileged Planet and watch it.

The fact is that it took trillions of tiny miracles for life to develop on this planet and the odds that life developed elsewhere far exceed the vastness of space. They came up with a very conservative formulation and 322 parameters that had to exist, precisely, in order for the planet to sustain life. The odds of all 322 existing are 10^388. Given that they all had to exist at one time in what the universe considers a very short period of time and that many have complex relationships with the other this number is probably far larger in reality.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

It seems that according to that video, there's a good chance that the Earth (as we know it) should not exist and life here should have never evolved.

I think it's more likely that those 322 parameters are wrong or the variables plugged into those parameters are wrong. We don't know enough about how intelligent life evolves to create a formula that predicts it.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Great to read threads when something has clearly opened up a new mind ,fireing the synapses storming the brain and then the breaking of the programed barriers when realization of the scale of the cosmos , people have been trying to explain for decades that the size and amount of planets = life..
good thread .
sf

[edit on 4/17/2010 by dashar]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

You are right about the odds of us not existing but the parameters are pretty straightforward and I know much of them have been confirmed by mainstream science. I think UFO's do exist but I'm in the extra-dimensional versus extra-terrestrial camp.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Yeah -- my problem is with those people who say, for example, "...the only reason we evolved is because with have a magnetosphere protecting us from radiation".

The problem I have with that is we know there are extreme life forms here on Earth that can live in extreme radiation. Therefore, how do those people know that a different path for life on Earth may have resulted in intelligent life even with a magnetosphere-less Earth getting bathed in radiation.

True -- that intelligent life would probably be very different than us, but that's not the same as saying "it could not have possibly evolved".

The bottom line is this:
When one considers that intelligent life does NOT need to have "exact Earth-like conditions" to evolve, the chances for intelligent life elsewhere greatly increases.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
When one considers that intelligent life does NOT need to have "exact Earth-like conditions" to evolve, the chances for intelligent life elsewhere greatly increases

I get it but thats why they stack up so many parameters. If you take a set of them out you still have significant odds. The creatures that can resist radiation probably have their own set of amazing coincidences and parameters for existence. The vast majority of parameters will still apply to it though. The odds of a highly intelligent life form capable of space travel is where the odds are extreme and face it thats all we really care about. Finding a microbe on a moon will be about as disappointing as it can possibly get. It won't matter much to any of us if in 10 billion years a species evolves from it. People want the real thing.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
this is not disclosure - we already knew the universe was mindbogglingly vast - hubble just gave you a pretty picture to look at

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

We are still discovering life in places on this planet where we thought life could not possibly exist. The fact is, we cannot say for certain the possibilities of life elsewhere, because there is no telling what KIND of life is possible. We can estimate the odds of life like ours elsewhere, but even that means nothing to me, to be honest. I don't really care about odds - despite the odds, we're here. Despite the odds, a bullet fired into the air sometimes kills someone. Despite the number of people in a marathon, SOMEONE will come first. I'm not explaining myself particularly well, but to me, odds do not matter.

I'm sticking to my thinking that, given the incredible size of the universe, thinking that we are alone is the absolute pinnacle of arrogance.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowArcher
I'm sticking to my thinking that, given the incredible size of the universe, thinking that we are alone is the absolute pinnacle of arrogance.

Just to be clear I don't think we are alone. I just don't think 'they' are coming from outer-space.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Well I wasn't directing that at you; but your theory seems to be the same - aliens are from another dimension, not this one. That means you think that we are alone in this universe, does it not? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying people aren't allowed their own opinions, and I don't have a problem with half of your theory/belief. It's just people that claim, without an open mind, that there isn't life elsewhere that annoy me. No mater how low the odds, the very idea that we are the only ones in the universe is ridiculous to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join