It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toyota to Recall 600,000 Sienna Vans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Toyota to Recall 600,000 Sienna Vans

www.time.com

(WASHINGTON) — Toyota Motor Corp. is recalling 600,000 Sienna minivans sold in the United States, to address potential corrosion in the spare tire carrier cable.

Toyota says the recall affects the 1998-2010 model year Siennas that have been operated in cold-climate areas.
The automaker says rust from road salt could cause the carrier cable to break. The spare tire could become separated from the vehicle and cause a road hazard for other vehicles.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Hmm, poor Toyota. Doesn't seem like they can catch a break does it? I wonder if they will investigate whethe or not Toyota knew about these problems before releasing the vehicles.

This could potentially be a fatal blow to Toyota who are already in hot water. With the Prius and the other one from last month, also the Lexus.

Things don't seem to be looking up.

Thoughts?

~Keeper

www.time.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
This entire situation with Toyota smells fishy to me.
If, the road salt corrodes the cable, and we only use the road salt in winter in the mentioned states and DC, then why do we hear of this in spring? Even more, why did it take almost twelve years for this issue to become apparent?

I get the idea that the US government might be sabotaging Toyota cars for sale here, to break the people's trust in them, and maybe even convince them to drop Toyotas and buy american cars. That was just me using my imagination, so it probably isn't happening.

I'm not sure how much longer Torota can keep up with the recalls before it finally falls.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

These guys are getting a bad track record pretty fast aren't they.

Couldn't they make more money by getting it right the first time so they wouldn't have to deal with all these recalls?

Or maybe the people building the vehicles simply aren't qualified.

It took them 12 years to spot this problem. How long did it take them for the brake issue? I forgot.

And fleetlord, you might have something there. Everyone knows that Bush never cared about America. It's quite possible that he knew something but did nothing about it. Whereas Obama picked up the problem and is holding Toyota to the fire.

Peace

new topics

top topics

join