It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China: Bullet Passenger Train that never stops at stations! (Vid)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6067213c69ac.jpg[/atsimg]

A brilliant new Chinese train innovation - get on & off the bullet train without the train stopping

Source: www.liveleak.com...

I haven't found anything in print yet but the short video explaind it all (most maybe)-visually. It looks like a great idea to me that would change the traveling world asa we know it-I believe.

I am interested to see what some of our tech experts think. I am sure there is a drawback somewhere in this concept.

We sure have come a long way in train tech-especially if this is a viable idea.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fdcfb1b063ab.jpg[/atsimg]

Edit to fix link

[edit on 4/17/2010 by anon72]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Fixed the link

www.liveleak.com...

anyways a really good concept, could be a problem of those smaller connector things colliding though.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by tempesillest]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Impossible without a very very high injury rate.

you will get peoples feet caught between train and platform, then have them dragged along. until they go under the wheels cutting them in half.

Stupid idea.

ok saw vid. not what i thought.

still ridiculous idea. a train ontop of another. no-one in their right mind would invest in this thing

[edit on 17-4-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Could be good but also could be a disaster!

Here is why!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Freq Of Nature

seen it like that on the London underground before, literately people packing themselves in.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Its ridonkulous!

Makes me laugh though how desperate people are to get themselves to work!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
i cant see how it woudl be ANY more dangerous than a normal train, as long as they get everyone on and doors shut a minute before the train arrives, then its all sorted, we have been arriving a wee bit early for YEARS already with planes AND trains! ... you do realise trains dont normaly start moving with their doors open ye ?!

the only problem i coudl actualy see, if that they seem to expect everyone to travel only 1 stop at a time, unless their is slightly more to it, like, linking it to the main train for longer haul trips/

i think its a great idea!
deffinitelly as safe as normal trains now!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Hey I tell you what that could really work!

Looks fiendishly complex from a mechanical point of view, would have to be highly automated with things like gates to cut of passengers who won't make the little car in time and what would happen if there was a no go situation for the little car?? The other one is coming to replace it!

Still it's a cool idea.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

tbh, it dont even look that complicated really, the dolly things (ill call them that, the passenger roof capsule things) seem to be using rubber wheels, really, they just sit their waiting, the train comes, physics does its thing, then the wheels can move the capsule to the back and off at the right time, so really, they just need a motor themselfs , similar to a car or small bus.

its ingenious! but, has the 1 stop issue .. but that coudl be removed with a locking dock point for when moving a a stairway type thing.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
Impossible without a very very high injury rate.

you will get peoples feet caught between train and platform, then have them dragged along. until they go under the wheels cutting them in half.

Stupid idea.

[edit on 17-4-2010 by MR BOB]

Actually, this is a great idea.

This is how you can get rid of a few million people and its an "accident".

You underestimate the Chicoms.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freq Of Nature
Here is why!

OMFG that made me laugh but how bad is that? Squishing people in like sardines? HAHA

Cant they just run some more carraiges or something?

Geez. Talk about human right right there ahhaahah

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I hope this is a success just to stick to the nay-sayers.

That sardines China vid is hilarious. Gotta pay the bills.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
After thinking about this, how could they control the forces when two extreme meet-one fast moving and one stationary. I would think the sudden increase in speed would be harmful to the pasengers.

Don't the bullet trains go in excess of 100 mph? A lot of whiplashing I would think. It wouldn't be a very pleasurable start anyway.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Obama is using this as a model for the new Florida teabagger express transit train

This will be another way to get rid of those pesky Libertarians

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freq Of Nature

Here is why!

i'd hate to be the guy in the middle of the car that has to get off at the next stop

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Paladin327

Yes. Notice in the video, it only shows a few people. I would have to say-based on the other vids I seen about what the rail system/traffic is like that there is no way this will work.

Of course, unless they plan on mass de-populating the worlds population.

new topics

top topics

join