It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy in the middle of my forehead

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Throughout my life, there have been moments where i could feel some kind of energy in the middle of my forehead.

They were just brief moments, and didn't happen too often (from what i can remember, maybe once a year, if that).

I never paid any attention to it, because of how brief and rare it was, but i'm sure i've felt it before numerous times.

A week or so ago, i was sitting at my computer, and i felt that same energy on my forehead, only this time it lasted like 20 minutes!
It's hard to describe, but it feels like some kind of pressure, or a stream of energy going through my forehead, if that makes sence.

Anyway, ever since that happened, i've been able to do it at will!
I can just concentrate on it, for about 10-20 seconds, and i will start feeling that energy. Sometimes it's stronger then other times, but i can't seem to amplify it, or make it stronger at will, just start it. I found that i can start it just about anywhere or any time. If i'm alone at my house, when i'm driving my car, or even when talking with others.

I googled around a bit, and apparently it might be "the opening of the 3rd eye", or "flexing of the pineal gland", according to some websites.

Now, i'm aware that there is such a thing as our spiritual "3rd eye", and i'm aware that we all have a pineal gland, basically in the middle of our heads, but i still don't know very much about the subject.

What i want to know is, if there are others like me, or people that have been through this sort of thing, and maybe give me some advice, or shed some light on what does this mean for me?

Thanks

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I believe that it has to do with the pineal gland.

If I meditate I can reproduce the sensation you are referring to pretty easily.

I liken it to a rush of adrenaline but confined to the are of the pineal gland or third eye.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I have also been feeling that on and off for years...for me it's kind of like a pulsing energy. I teach yoga and for the beginning meditation I will sometimes bring the focus to the third eye. In fact, I have read that medical dissection has shown the front of the third eye to have the same structure as they regular eyes.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GoodFella

You've come to the right place. ATS has guys who know all about things in the middle of their foreheads.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Yeah i get the same sensation too although i may be talking about something completely different because when i get to a certain point i stop because i get a feeling that something may snap or disconnect. ( i know that doesnt make sense but thats the only way i can describe it) So i stop.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TV_Nation
I believe that it has to do with the pineal gland.

If I meditate I can reproduce the sensation you are referring to pretty easily.

I liken it to a rush of adrenaline but confined to the are of the pineal gland or third eye.

I'm not well practiced in meditation (only did it a couple of times).
I can do it sitting in my chair, with my eyes open. It doesnt even have to be a special situation or anything like that.

I've felt rushes of adrenaline before, and it's definitely not that.
But confined to just the pineal gland, yeah i guess you could look at it that way.

Thanks for the input!

[edit on 17-4-2010 by GoodFella]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mandog
I have also been feeling that on and off for years...for me it's kind of like a pulsing energy. I teach yoga and for the beginning meditation I will sometimes bring the focus to the third eye. In fact, I have read that medical dissection has shown the front of the third eye to have the same structure as they regular eyes.

To me it feels like a constant stream of energy, with occasional pulses of stronger energy.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I also get this feeling after concentrating on a computer screen for any length of time. I find paracetamol to be very useful on these occasions.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Yeah brotha, it's the third eye a.k.a. Ajna chakra.

It is evoked via yoga and meditation, more precisely a practice called Prayanama (spinal breathing). It might just be the cornerstone of the true, ancient yoga methods. Or even the basis. It can also lead into problems (so called Kundalini sickness) if you haven't ground yourself enough.

For me, it's so heavy, that it almost feels like someone is pushing a some kind of energy spear through my forehead. It's not unpleasant, actually it's so euphoric it's kinda hard to take it all.

The key is to get all the chakras function in harmony, starting from the base, and the results are magnificent. People are awakening.

EDIT: The pulses.. it follows the heartbeat, and you feel the delay of your heart pumping blood through your veins. I also feel this in my throat area now, and sometimes on my chest (solar plexus).

[edit on 17/4/2010 by Tryptych]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Instead of trying to explain this 'feeling' with all sorts of meta-physical / pseudo scientific rationalizations ... how about a simpler explanation that it's caused by a physical ailment/illness such as a tumour.

Instead of trying to seek help here on ATS from unqualified persons who may, by unwittingly supporting your delusion, be actually doing you a disservice.

Do yourself a favour and have a qualified medical practioner examine you for an underlying physical cause.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Don't be such a negative nancy.

It's simply the energy centers awakening (which have been proven by science btw). It's not a tumor and more and more people are starting to feel it.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I feel compelled to write a quick warning regarding the opening of the 3rd eye, after wondering what mine was and trying to force the energy there to the point where it felt like a vice was ripping my head from the inside - i now have permanent pressure there that gets very intense by simply focusing on it for a split second.

It's been quite debilitating, i can't concentrate on anything for very long and i've had to train myself to "not focus" on the 3rd eye otherwise, if i focus on it for too long, it opens and energy starts pouring in and i feel my consciousness expanding to a kind of observation mode from my higher self - some people would think that it's a good thing but for me it has destroyed my ability to function and now i have a damn stargate in my forehead ready to pull my consciousness away at any second.

Just be careful when working with these energies!!!! I can't stress this enough.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by raiden12

Starred.

Yeah, whenever doing these practices, one should be thought by a yoga master, but sounds to me that your chakras aren't in harmony. Been there done that. One of the best ways of grounding yourself is.. surprise: eating. And then work on balancing the lower ones.

Maybe you should really contact a healer/a good Reiki master, or simply a doctor if it feels overwhelming.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by raiden12

I have been feeling pressure in my head for at least a few weeks.
Possible reason is a sinus alergic reaction to dust/my cats shedding hair/pollen, but i've never been alergic to anything in my life.

The pressure is not concentrated in a certain spot, i feel it all over my brain. There's no pain, just pressure, and it seems to almost go away completely when i'm laying down relaxed.

I guess i should stop pursuing this further by myself, and maybe get a guide, or at least learn about it.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

What do you mean eating? Like i should become a veggie or something?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Haha, funny that you ask that..

No, just eating. Actually, meat would drop the frequencies better. Otherwise, going vege would of course be healthier. I've found out that some heavier music (lower frequencies) help too. And just chilling out.

I read your other thread.. if you really had a strong traumatic experience, you might want to see a psych professional, and maybe a doctor about your physical condition. Sounds like a typical Kundalini sickness to me.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych

I read your other thread.. if you really had a strong traumatic experience, you might want to see a psych professional, and maybe a doctor about your physical condition. Sounds like a typical Kundalini sickness to me.

Hmm, what other thread, and what traumatic experience?

Perhaps you were referring to raiden12?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
you may be sensitive to strong radio frequencies.
welcome to the club.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Ah yes, sry. Whatever, goes to anyone who suffers from these symptoms. They are probably rushing it, without the basic work.

www.aypsite.org...

That's a great site, the teachings have been also made into a book. Possibly the best yoga info available on the net. The guy has 20+ year experience on Kundalini etc.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Rational advice is usually ignored, while beleif in superstitions and fantasy prevails. Belief in being "special" and "gifted" with this fictitious "third eye" will continue until mental maturity is reached, whereby it will then be realized that this was all a bunch of silliness, or a physical ailment to which requires special attention.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join