It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the Volcanic Ash no real threat to Western Europe

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

I live in Hamilton, Scotland and we have volcanic ash, be it a light covering, of sand-like dust on everything. So we are a couple of hundred miles away and we can visibly see it. My dogs had a cough the night of the first eruption just by walking in the grass which probably had the dust lying on it. So, the likely-hood that if it erupts more, is prolonged or the Katla volcano erupts will be significant for us here in Europe....Quote from an information website on the history of Iceland's volcanoes: "After all in 1783 Iceland's Laki volcano erupted, freeing gases that turned into smog. The smog floated across the Jet Stream, changing weather patterns. 300.000 died from gas poisoning in the British Isles. Crop production fell in western Europe. Famine spread. Some even linked the eruption, which helped fuel famine, to the French Revolution. Painters in the 18th century illustrated fiery sunsets in their works."

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   

If you realy think it safe to fly through the dust YOU prove it ,just tell us were you would like the flowers sent or would you prefer money sent to charity than rotting at your grave!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

I agree with you. I thought it strange that the president of Iceland would be stranded in NYC which is west of the eruption. The eruption is clearly travelling in the direction of the wind stream which is toward the south east. I cannot image why the president of the country could not make it to the north eastern border of Iceland.

Maybe just maybe the guy would like to land at an airport!!!! and not parachute his ASS into the sea you guys just read to much into things thats the real problem!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
It's becoming more and more evident that this is really a hoax.

There is only one source that the flight restrictions are based on.
Coincidental 5 out of six laser devices Germany uses to measure the ash are out of service due to maintenance.
Source: Telegraaf via Google translate

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

What will happen to the CESSNA when the air filter cloggs up the engine will choke and stall and will lose power if you are lucky you may land safely but the volcanic dust will still cause problems for the airplane engine shown!!!

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Cessna's don't fly at the same altitude as jet planes. The ash is in the upper region of our atmosphere where propeller driven planes don't fly.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Volcano's also expels rock fragments called tephra who are in size greater than 64 mm, and they can produce other damage to other devices than only air filters.

Tephra is electrically charged (often produce lighting) and could produce short circuits in electrical components and some rocks(they are millions) have enough speed to produce damage in the windows/fuselage of the plane..

And even if planes could fly in this conditions the maintenance of the equipment after flight would be very expensive, and planes would have to be grounded for repair.

So air companies, have to put in a two dish scale, expensive repairs leading to grounded planes and/or possible victims(if accidents happen) VERSUS grounded planes plus paying hotels/food to passengers.

No conspiracy here, just money as usual.

hope i could help.

Links:
www.geo.mtu.edu...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by crustas

Tephra is fragmental material produced by a volcanic eruption regardless of composition, fragment size or emplacement mechanism.[1] Tephra is typically rhyolitic in composition, as most explosive volcanoes are the product of the more viscous felsic or high silica magmas.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

BTW, 65 mm are 6,5 centimetres which are almost 2.5 inch...

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm

Cessna's don't fly at the same altitude as jet planes. The ash is in the upper region of our atmosphere where propeller driven planes don't fly.

Sorry mate but my car doesn't fly at all and IT LOOKS LIKE ITS GOT ASH ON IT, if you look a few posts up someone else has that problem light brown very fine dust covering the fleet (3 cars) this morning NONE of them fly

[edit on 18-4-2010 by wmd_2008]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I have some dust on my car too, it's been dry all week, lots of sun, the soil is dry, farmers plowing their acres and lots of pollen in the air because it's springtime.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

BTW, can your engine withstand this oh so dangerous ash?
The 750 CFM carburetor of my '78 Grand Prix should have been full of ash because I have an open air filter mounted on it. Due to the nice weather I been driving it a lot with full throttle the last couple of days.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The dust on everything in Scotland is weird as it seems very very fine, not ordinary dirt and it is uniformly distributed on all the cars etc.... When you wipe it, it seems to disintegrate. It has been hot and dry here for over a week so I washed my car on Tuesday. It was pristinely shiny until Friday morning when we awoke to find all the cars, roofs, trees etc... covered in this fine dust. Everyone here is commenting on it and deciding not to wash them as another layer will probably build up within hours if the volcano is still spewing ash. What is it doing to our bodies if it is in the air but not detectable or observable? Has anyone found out if the tests to see if the ash is radioactive have came back yet?
I went to see the Hubble 3D movie at the Imax in Glasgow today and came out nearly in tears as the realistic imaging of earth from space and the journey through the cosmos made me realise that our earth is unique and now it is protesting by blowing a gasket at the way we treat it.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This time last year I posted a couple of threads aimed at making people aware that the sky " wasnt right" . Im a photographer and rely on light just as the butcher relies on his knives. I described it as follows.

The canopy seemed much, much higher than usual with sharp vision extended for miles in all directions. Some agreed with me some thought I needed a holiday. In my realy strong opinion the sky or atmosphere changed or was changed. Why I dont know.

I feel there is a connection between this enforced no fly and what I viewed last year. When I work out the connection I will let you know.

By the way, both my son and his father in law are flight mechanics and although not conspiracy minded they have doubts about what we are being told. So do I.

Respects

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

I am an amateur photographer as well and noted the change of light as if there is more blue in the sky as you have to adjust the flashgun for outdoor portrait shoots to neutralise it. I find the light very harsh and easily burns out images more than they did even last year. I am always looking or sky shots as you probably do, to Photoshop them into an otherwise bland sky to make the landscape pop. I have taken very unusual skies especially on Monday 12th April here in Scotland. The clouds were very whispy, uniformed in size, like they had been drawn on by a graphic designer. I don't know how you upload photos to ATS or I would put one up? I thought even then that something was coming.....

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kalenga

Hello fellow tog. Thanks for your input. I agree light has changed and like you say "Painted canvas" is a good description. Im also noticing that the sky looks cleaner than Ive noticed before. No planes will have that effect I guess.

Wouldnt mind seeing some of the sky pics you have. U2U and we will swap.

Back on post, Gordon Brown is chairing a meeting of COBRA today.

Respects

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   

BTW, can your engine withstand this oh so dangerous ash?
The 750 CFM carburetor of my '78 Grand Prix should have been full of ash because I have an open air filter mounted on it. Due to the nice weather I been driving it a lot with full throttle the last couple of days.

I will try to explain in simple terms even you may understand do you think the concentration of dust is the same at ground level as it is at 8km up were the aircraft fly at

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Jets fly at that height, propeller driven planes not...
Cars experience the same concentration levels of dust as Cessna's and similar planes. Gliders without engines are also not allowed to fly.
If you would have read the news, you would have noticed that only jets suffer from the ash because it supposedly turns into a glassy substance in their jet engines.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Regenstorm]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
This is tragic, just tragic fr the chemtrail programs. Now instead of hiding among regular planes, they're going to have to wait for overcast days! Where is our taxpayer money going these days?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Romania was pretty far right? Well the cloud reached the country and some of the ash actually reached the ground. I don't really see how this could be a conspiracy. No sane airline would risk a crash ,knowing the conditions.

The ash can also scratch/deteriorate the windshield so much , due to the high speeds the planes travel , so that it becomes basically impossible to see through it.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Fatality]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ..5..

So what is the real reason?

Occam's Razor.
Because the cost and liability far outweigh any potential profit.

I agree with the above post but I did read yesterday, no link soz, that there's a huge NATO and friends air war exercise going on, the article didn't say the exercise had been disrupted so I assume it hasn't been. So could this exercise be for a scenario that tptb think is so important that a week of no civilian flying was worth the hassle.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join