It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosecutors Want Longer Sentence for Amanda Knox

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
www.aolnews.com...|main|dl1|link1|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aolnews.com%2 Fworld%2Farticle%2Fprosecutors-want-longer-sentence-for-amanda-knox%2F19443376

American college student Amanda Knox, now serving a 26-year prison term for murdering her roommate in Italy, could face life imprisonment if prosecutors succeed in their appeal of her sentence.

Anticipating an appeal from Knox's lawyers of the December verdict, Italian prosecutors Giuliano Mignini and Manuela Comodi have filed one of their own, saying that the judges did not correctly consider an important "aggravating circumstance" in the sensational murder trial involving Knox and her former Italian boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito.

A Knox family member told ABC the family was disappointed in the prosecutors' decision to file an appeal for more prison time, calling it "harassment."

Anne Bremner, a spokeswoman for Friends of Amanda Knox and a close friend of the Knox family, said Knox is holding up as well as can be expected while in prison.

I have never heard of anything like that happening in the United States. It's like they want to keep going after someone until they get the verdict they like.

The article also seems to indicate they are going after Knox for a longer sentence and not the other two. Why are they singling her out?

I hope this sort of thing doesn't happen frequently. I definitely hope it never happens in the U.S. It's pretty close to double jeopardy in a way.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Wow, sounds to me like blackmail. I watched this case from the very beginning till the sad end. Then moved on-I'm glad you posted this for the update.

This case is far from over. And-I think she did it, or was in on it. I think they all should have gotten life sentences however, be that as it may, the case was presented to the court, a decision was made as to their laws and that is that.

I will say this for the parents, they gave it their all in trying to help her. They were able to launch and substain one heck of a publicity run in efforts to gain some support for Knox. It went well here in the US that is-but not the in England (victims country) or in Italy (offence occurred).

Will be interesting to see where this thing goes-now/next.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I'm not sure that she did it. I mean she could have, but I had my doubts. She did not seem like a cold-blooded killer to me.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
She did it. No sane person looks happy after hearing their flat mate was brutally murdered in the same flat as they live in.

All she was concerned about was herself. If she was innocent, she'd be demanding the real killer was brought to justice, but AFAIK she never did.

All traits of a psychopath.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
The prosecutors will surely burn in hell for eternity for the lies and framing of this young innocent woman. I look forward to the day when they are delivered to the gates of hell and the world will be a better place when they are no more. I will boycott Italy until they are either dead (by natural causes) or locked up themselves and then I'll take the trip just to piss on their grave.

I find it hard to believe that people are so gullible that they'll believe a story as impossible and ridiculous as the one sold in the media.

I look forward to Amanda winning her appeal or at least getting her sentence reduced.

Italy's a beautiful country but it should be avoided while Satan's disciples Giuliano Mignini and Manuela Comodi reside there.

Everyone who reads this should think of a nice storm. A storm where it's going to rain and rain in Italy until all the evil is washed away. TADS on Italy.

[edit on 18-4-2010 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

The prosecutors will surely burn in hell for eternity for the lies and framing of this young innocent woman. I look forward to the day when they are delivered to the gates of hell and the world will be a better place when they are no more. I will boycott Italy until they are either dead or locked up themselves and then I'll take the trip just to piss on their grave.

You're kidding right?
I mean you've got to be joking.
Framing her? ROTFL

:O

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I've already been through this in the other threads. Nope, I'm not kidding, Amanda was a naive young woman who happened to share a house with another young woman who was killed to cover up a rape by a street urchin, pirate, criminal, rapist & known thief from the Ivory Coast that was caught when his DNA was found inside the UK girl. Amanda naively trusted that the police would see the truth, never considering they would see her as a suspect.

As many young people do she said and did some stupid things while talking to police. That may make her a bit of a ding bat, but that does not make her an accomplice to murder. The police , as they always do, made suggestions while Amanda was tired from the trauma, lack of sleep and food. Amanda agreed to some of those suggestions while she was in a weakened state of mind. It's an old police trick, and it works against real criminals as well as innocent people - especially the young and naive like Amanda.

This is a tale where the prosecutors went after the wrong people with some far fetched fantasy, but then when the real rapist who murdered the UK girl was found they couldn't admit their wrong doing and in order to save face they prosecuted Amanda and her friend along with the real killer - even though she had nothing to do with the killing besides living in the same house.

I've read about all the so called evidence in her house and I've seen nothing that wouldn't be there from somebody that lived in the same house. I've also seen the videos of the forensic investigators who continually contaminated their own evidence by things as simple as using the same gloves to touch different objects (a big no no).

So, instead of one innocent life lost we have one lost by a rapist, and another lost by police & the media who couldn't admit their mistakes once it became such a big media circus.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Yes, many of those reasons is why I thought she was innocent as well.

Plus someone who is using drugs isn't using full cyllanders anyway. Some of those drugs can leave you to where someone can tell the person 'your dog died' and the person will just smile and say 'isn't that nice' and be giddy.

Plus being in a state of shock or surrealism will leave you not acting seemingly right also. She had a lot to deal with. lot of stress

And if she had gone around wanting to find the real killers, people who already judged her guilty would just say she was being like 'OJ' and still believe she is guilty.

The evidence was flimsy against her. A lot of what was said was that she was loose and was promiscuous. A lot of people are like that and they don't go around killing people. She was demonized for 'liking sex' in the media is what it boils down to and for using drugs. Lots of people use drugs and just get mellowed out and not violent.

I hope if she is innocent that she is freed. No innocent people should be locked up.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This trial is still on-going. The more that comes out about it, the less I think she is guilty. The way they collected the 'evidence' was totally wrong. They waited weeks to collect it and had it all together where it got contaminated with one another.

The prosecutor has been charged with fraud for other cases.

This young woman was totally railroaded. And she may end up spending the rest of her life in a foreign prison, away from her family. This is torture. I have no idea how someone could possibly cope while enduring this.

news.yahoo.com...

top topics

join