It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tehran Nuclear Confab Opens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Tehran Nuclear Confab Opens

www.iran-daily.com

The First International Conference on Nuclear Disarmament and Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons themed "Nuclear Energy for All, Nuclear Weapons for None" opened in Tehran on Saturday.
Over 14 foreign ministers, 10 deputy foreign ministers and eight representatives from regional and international organizations are attending the momentous undertaking.
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad will deliver the inaugural speech of the conference while foreign ministers, deputy foreign ministers and representatives of regional and international organizations will also address the two-day event, Fars Ne
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-4-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Ok folks don't shoot the messenger !!

Straight from the Iran Daily News we get a look into how the Nuclear issue is being portrayed to the people of Iran .

Is it all a load of bunk being done to play the good guy or could this be an honest attempt to deal with the nuclear issue ? Personally I say bunk and its more about good old fashion band standing .

The leadership in Iran sure does know how to play the world stage and provoke a vast array of various emotions .

www.iran-daily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I remember what happened the LAST TIME our government told us a sovereign nation had "weapons of mass destruction".

Not gunna fall for it again.

I think it is WONDERFUL that Iran is banding together with other nations to promote nuclear energy for all.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I saw Oliver Stones "W." last night... Thats an awesome movie, tonnes of subliminal content in it. I highly recommend it.

Iran is the goal of Anglo-American dominance.

Are they trying to get nukes... Maybe, Maybe not.

But what happened to the emphasis on North Korea - don't they have them now?

Seems a bit BS to me.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
I remember what happened the LAST TIME our government told us a sovereign nation had "weapons of mass destruction".

Not gunna fall for it again.

I think it is WONDERFUL that Iran is banding together with other nations to promote nuclear energy for all.

Given that the average awareness time line is estimated at 65-120 days when dealing with the public i guess this more or less fits comfortably within this ats thread.

Multiple sources in US military intelligence, diplomatic, and Bush Administration circles are confirming "rock solid" information that Iraqi National Congress (INC) leader Ahmed Chalabi and his security chief, Araz Habib, have both been working with Iranian intelligence for several years. At this writing, most reports emphasize the role of Habib, who has directed the Information Collection Program. However reports are currently emerging, citing intelligence sources and unnamed "US officials," that state Chalabi himself is personally involved.

According to a Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) source quoted in the Seattle Times article below, Iranian intelligence used Chalabi's INC to funnel disinformation to the US in an effort to provoke the US into overthrowing Saddam Hussein. The intelligence provided by Chalabi and the INC -- almost all of it now discredited -- formed the central basis for the Bush Administration's publicly stated reasons for invading Iraq.

The CIA and other US intelligence agencies warned off on Chalabi, saying he and his information were unreliable. The Bush Administration -- particularly hardliners like Vice President Cheney, Sec. of Defense Rumsfeld, and Dept. Sec. of Defense Wolfowitz -- derided the warnings and insisted the INC's information be taken at face value. (Related story 1 -- Related story 2)

link

top topics

join