It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia's population to grow to 42 million by 2050

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Hey if Africans can live in the desert then surely the refugees won't cry about it.. Let them live in the deserts?

Can you imagine the international outcry if Australia sent refugees to live in the desert? How would they get food and supplies? How could they ever learn to be self-sustaining when they are in the middle of nowhere, dependent on everyone else being inconvenienced to ensure their survival?

Water shortages? Technology is advancing, by the time the population grows to an extent where water will be an issue, the conversion of salt water to pure water would get that much easier...

The population has grown past the point where water BECAME an issue. We have had Water Restrictions in place for years. The higher the population rises, the more the strain is on water resources.

The technology already exists..

How about we see some results from this existing technology before we decide to increase the population? You know, make sure that life for people already living here does not have to deteriorate so that we can fit more people in the country.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Populating every square inch of Australia or any where else on this planet is not the answer. This planet is home to millions of species that are equally as important as mankind. Quite simply the world needs to stop burying its head in the sand and deal with it's problems logically - honestly and fairly.

The population of industrialized countries is about 1.2 billion while the population of developing countries is about 5.6 billion . The worlds problems began With the introduction of modern medicine and agriculture, the infant mortality rate and the overall death rate fell dramatically but leaders failed to address those issues at the time ie through better family planning and education and that is why mankind is heading toward what I perceive will be the biggest catastrophe we have ever faced - we are heading right toward a precipice and most people just seem oblivious and quite frankly it really pis*es me off - but hey everyone continue wearing your blinders - if you are not picking up on the dangerous accumulative effects of mankind's shortsightedness then what more can I say ?? . Que Sera, Sera.

We rely on the good grace of politicians, bureaucrats and those in top public service jobs to plan not just with today in mind but tomorrow as well I don't think we should expect anything less than 100 % ( I mean in a sense it's in their hands we place our future ) department heads in the public service are meant to be the " cream of the crop " they have the means to multi-source and therefore also have the means to analyse and plan future outcomes from a 360 degree perspective !! Why is Australia short on skilled workers ?? Because kids can barely afford to live on the piddly amount they get paid whilst undertaking an apprenticeship then when they are finished their training their pay will still fall well short of the kid that left school and joined the public service or started at the grass roots working for a multinational company. The problem is we have huge disparities in income these days.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by destiny-fate]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Ok, mental note to self; scratch plans to move to Australia. Is it ok with you guys if I just visit there for a while?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by manta78
Ok, mental note to self; scratch plans to move to Australia. Is it ok with you guys if I just visit there for a while?

This issue is not about the need to prevent honest, good people from entering Australia or making immigration an enormous challenge for those who go about the process legally. It is about realising that we do not have the resources and infrastructure to support a higher population than we do now. Mass-immigration is one of the major causes of the Population Crisis we are headed for. Factor in all the vessels filled with Asylum Seekers that try to enter Australia illegally and the situation is made even worse.

[edit on 21/4/2010 by Dark Ghost]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join