It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 In 3 Americans Failed To Return Census Forms

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Technically it is addressed to "resident". While I am the resident, it is not
addressed to my given name, therefore I consider this junk mail along with
the Val-Pak Saver and Shop-Rite circular which was also addresses to the "resident".

What a colossal waste of time and money put into this. Even making
stupid commercials to make it seem like such fun to fill it out.

And the reason this is mailed and not online is to stimulate some of the
economy by giving the postal workers some revenue. However doesn't
this only take money from one Federal Dept and place it in another?

Tadaaaa!! It's an illusion.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

You can count me in that 1/3..

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
With home foreclosures at an all time high, is it a wonder that many people sent forms did not fill them out?

Many people who used to have a permanent address, no longer do.

While people refuse to fill them out for their own personal reasons, think about it....lot's of people who forms were sent to, simply are not there any longer.

A lot of people are living in places temporarily due to the economy, how are they being accounted for?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
With home foreclosures at an all time high, is it a wonder that many people sent forms did not fill them out?

S&F - I think you hit the nail on the head. The government's economic destruction policy is obviously why 1 in 3 couldn't return it. The story sounds better to think of 1 in 3 planning a revolution though. I returned mine (the short version) but I fail to see how confusing race and nationality and asking 3 questions about my non-hispanic origin will 'help America move forward'. The whole thing smelled and by any standard was 'racist' which I thought we were against?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Well, I didn't fill out mine. That's because I never got one, nor did 183 other addresses near me. Called them up, I was advised to go to one of the homeless shelters where they have extras.

Not going to happen, so I'll see them in May.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
I was advised to go to one of the homeless shelters where they have extras.

I wonder how many people fill it out more than once and are double counted. I wouldn't put it past some of the community organizations to try to inflate their numbers since it helps set the number of congressional representatives.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Opposed in principle by some people I know because the census was originally only supposed to be once every 10 years and not every year. Others didn't fill it out simply as a protest because they don't approve of anything the government is doing or has been for years.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I love the people that think they rebelled by not handing in the census.
How do you think they got your adress in the first place?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

Most of the census forms were simply addressed as 'resident' followed by the address...

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Funny...if they know that 1 in 3 didn't return the census form, then that means they already know the population count, no?

I think they should add the word "YET" to their estimation. As April 1st wasn't the "due date", merely a suggested complete by date.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by keepureye2thesky
Technically it is addressed to "resident". While I am the resident, it is not
addressed to my given name, therefore I consider this junk mail along with
the Val-Pak Saver and Shop-Rite circular which was also addresses to the "resident".

What a colossal waste of time and money put into this. Even making
stupid commercials to make it seem like such fun to fill it out.

And the reason this is mailed and not online is to stimulate some of the
economy by giving the postal workers some revenue. However doesn't
this only take money from one Federal Dept and place it in another?

Tadaaaa!! It's an illusion.

Thanks keepureye2thesky, that I did not think of. Makes sense they were trying to stimulate the economy, if that was their true intentions.

But you're right, isn't it just moving the money from one fed department to another haha.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by time91

Most of the census forms were simply addressed as 'resident' followed by the address...

If you think the government doesn't have your NAME, you live in a fantasy world.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I'm sure they have more than my name, but I don't care. Why make it easier for them?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I'm sure they have more than my name, but I don't care. Why make it easier for them?

Why would it make it easier for them?
If they can get all the stuff you think they can get, what does filling out your name and how many people you live with going to do?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

This will all be so much easier and convenient once we're all microchipped but I suspect even then they'll send us a census and ask us if we have anyone living in the house which is not microchipped.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

You just can't let this go, can you? 'They' can get whatever info they want, anyone can find out a lot about someone if they want to. But if there is a chance not filling out a census form will inconvenience government in any way, then many wont fill it out.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

By the register of the dwelling itself as a residential or commercial residential property.

In my case the building I live in (deliberately so) carries the dual legal distinction of both being an Apartment Home, and a Hotel.

None of the utilities are in my name, and I use a P.O. Box for all my contractual aggreements like cell phones and banks.

Never assume, the government loves for us to assume, to assume that it is all powerful, to assume it has a right over us, to assume that rejecting it or protesting it is futile.

The Department of Commerce (a corporation) and a subsidiary of the United States, (a corporation) which is a subsidiary of Washington D.C. (a corporation) which is a subsidiary of London (a corporation) with is a subsidiary of Rome/the Vatican ( a corporation) has no business attempting to count me as property in their system.

What am I protesting? Absolutely nothing.

What am I doing? Denying consent to count me as property in that system.

I can't see that working out to not be in my favor!

[edit on 17/4/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by hippomchippo

By the register of the dwelling itself as a residential or commercial residential property.

In my case the building I live in (deliberately so) carries the dual legal distinction of both being an Apartment Home, and a Hotel.

None of the utilities are in my name, and I use a P.O. Box for all my contractual aggreements like cell phones and banks.

Never assume, the government loves for us to assume, to assume that it is all powerful, to assume it has a right over us, to assume that rejecting it or protesting it is futile.

The Department of Commerce (a corporation) and a subsidiary of the United States, (a corporation) which is a subsidiary of Washington D.C. (a corporation) which is a subsidiary of London (a corporation) with is a subsidiary of Rome/the Vatican ( a corporation) has no business attempting to count me as property in their system.

What am I protesting? Absolutely nothing.

What am I doing? Denying consent to count me as property in that system.

I can't see that working out to not be in my favor!

[edit on 17/4/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

Good on you then, I would do that but I have neither the patience nor the resources. My issue is with the people that do pay bills, and still think that not filling out the census will somehow free them from the government.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
Wait a minute..... How do they know it was only 1 in 3 Americans? Isn't the Census a population count? Can't they just take their one figure and multiply it by 3 and get their answer?
If they know how many people did NOT return the form, can't they just add that number to the people who did, and get a population count?

If 1 in 3 Americans didn't return their Census form, how do they know those 1 in 3 Americans even exist? Does this mean the American population is suddenly 1/3 less than it was?

You raise a very good point. Either they are lying and making up figures, or they already knew the total population and are just wasting money the way they are running the census.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

You just can't let this go, can you? 'They' can get whatever info they want, anyone can find out a lot about someone if they want to. But if there is a chance not filling out a census form will inconvenience government in any way, then many wont fill it out.

They once obtained my cell phone number for a phone registered in someone else's name. I got a call from state police requesting a face to face interview.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join