It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Capturing the Light" Dorothy Izatt documentary. Your thoughts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I just learned of this documentary by Frank Longo which is about a woman who apparently has thirty years' worth of 8mm film upon which she's captured UFOs that regularly visit her.

Has anybody ever heard of this woman and this case? Is there anything to her story, or is it just rubbish? Or one of those deals where you can't say for sure?

I hope to acquire a copy of the documentary soon, and will let you know what I think...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Here's the Web site:

Capturing the Light

Please accept my assurance that I am not spamming for these people. I'm just providing the link 'cause it seems relevant.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit
I just learned of this documentary by Frank Longo which is about a woman who apparently has thirty years' worth of 8mm film upon which she's captured UFOs that regularly visit her.

Has anybody ever heard of this woman and this case? Is there anything to her story, or is it just rubbish? Or one of those deals where you can't say for sure?

I hope to acquire a copy of the documentary soon, and will let you know what I think...

You should have done a search first as there have been literally hundreds of threads here about Dorothy.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

The Shrike is right, how can you not type izatt in the search box and find a zillion other threads already existing?

www.abovetopsecret.com... kq&cof=FORID%3A9&q=izatt&sa=Search#1058

An Izatt believer duplicates and accidentally debunks her stuff as I note here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And a guy who repairs cameras explains his assessment of the camera defect as I mention here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think this thread should be closed, there are too many other threads you can post to already. This thread is 18 pages long already, you can bump it instead:

Capturing the Light, The Story Of Dorothy Izatt (2007)

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
So all she's done is capture a bunch of squiggly lines? And people think there are "light beings" spelling her name in the sky?

Oh man.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit
So all she's done is capture a bunch of squiggly lines? And people think there are "light beings" spelling her name in the sky?

Oh man.

There is alot more to her story than just "squiggly lines". Worth checking into, make your OWN decision....

There are some generally well respected ufologists that don't discount her story completely...

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Arbitrageur.....

I agree....there are already dozens of threads about Izatt.

It would be better for the discussion to continue in those, so as not to lose the extensive detail therein.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Here's the problem I have with the standard line about continuing discussions in existing threads: Existing threads can sometimes be overwhelming, especially when a thread has hundreds and hundreds of posts and is 20 or 30 pages long. I don't need to debate all the nuances of this Izatt case; I was just hoping to get a feel for whether the more sober voices here have come to any thing like a consensus as to whether the case, and the documentary, have any merit.

Just a quick "yay" or "nay" or "maybe" was really all I was lookin' for. Having said that, I'm perfectly willing to let this thread die, and I do thank all of you for your input regarding Izatt.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by flightsuit

Flightsuit.....

I hope I didn't sound rude.....my apologies if I did.

My thoughts on it are as follows:

There is so much detail about camera issues, analysis of videos, etc... in those extensive threads that I think it's a shame to basically deprive new members of that content.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Please continue the discussion in one of the existing threads as mentioned above or use the Search Tool to find alternative threads.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

top topics

join