It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human genes to be injected into goats, cows, and sheep

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Also -

AgResearch Chairman Rick Christie departs

Rick Christie announced yesterday that after two three-year terms as AgResearch Chairman he would step down from the role on June 30 to tackle his increased workload elsewhere

“During my time as Chairman of AgResearch I have seen many changes. When I first took on the role, AgResearch was positioning itself as an international life sciences company with a reduced focus on research and development in pastoral agriculture.”

2 major employees both leaving at the same time. It's not unheard of, but the timing certainly makes me raise my eyebrows now.

www.carbonnews.co.nz...

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Human genes to be injected into goats, cows, and sheep

A man's love of animals knows no bounds...I believe chickens sometimes get injected too?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

You're right.....ever been to the West Coast of New Zealand?

....*gets the banjo out the case*......

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Very strange folks,

I just tried to access the PDF file that i linked on page 1, but it's suddenly not working!!

Luckily, I have read about this sort of stuff happening before and i've saved it to my Desktop.

am about to upload it to media.

EDIT***

the link is now working again. Uploading it to my media anyway!.

g

[edit on 17-4-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Is this a satire .How many kiwi /sheep jokes are going to come from this>just keep the sheep as sheep and people can eat them .Theres enough sheeple around at the moment to keep society functioning properly.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
So, if we slaughter these animals afterwards and eat them...does that make us cannibals?

Genetic research is like Pandora's Box. Full of juicy stuff. But only gods should open Pandora's Box. I may be old-fashioned, but I've a feeling we're meddling in stuff we shouldn't be meddling in. Nothing good ever comes from playing god, or don't those scientists watch Hollywood movies?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

Originally posted by grantbeed

Not sure how big this news is.

It's BIG. It's REALLY BIG. Star and flag.

Not really. Genetic engineering across species is extremely common. I did it yesterday in the genetics lab I work/study in. And using human genes in other organisms is also extremely common - How do you think we get crystal structures of human proteins?

People in here seem to think that genes from animals are something totally different from humans, and that genetic engineering is only going on secret and shrouded government labs..

The only difference between human and animal genes are the sequences, and they are not even that different - There's a reason that one protein in one species has quite similar homologs in others. You might have some minor differences that has no different effect, or you might have some slight alterations that change the structural properties of the protein. No matter what, you don't end up with zombie-animals, or whatever.. And genetic engineering is not something where you take a human cell, cut out the gene, transfer it to an animal cell, and then paste it in! You synthesize it artificially, or produce copies of the gene of interest..

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Maybe that is the U.S. taking over. First making the big guys leave so they can put in their own people and then they have their new far away, out of sight, out of mind lab to do as they wish in under someone else's name.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
so i wonder why they are doing this. Using animals with human organs, tissue and genes

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I wonder at what point does this become cannibalism ? I wonder at what point will animal genes be injected into humans . The Gattica state is here to stay !

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla

Get ready for the minotaurs.

Personally I want to be Spider-man!

Could ? the gods er god ! oh heck Ill say it The Anunnaki did this before
gene hormones to gene splicing until it got to far then they said screw it
lets slow the planet down ! cause a flood wash away the screw ups in the salty oceans no trace then have a field day with the remaining a clean and sweep Chromosomes 46 & 48 = 46+2 the 2 Chromosomes Fused from 48
to 46 it would not be hard do now would it ? Dr Moreau here we come www.youtube.com...

[edit on 17-4-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I would be more concerned about diseases being mutated from animal to human strains
numbar 2

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

You are right...species have every right to be themselves.

So speaking on behalf of the human species, I wish to all of us to keep playing with genetics because it is our right and knowledge as a species to be able to do so.

It is also the animals right to defend itself against our invasive attacks - and lose.

Welcome to the ANIMAL KINGDOM!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

I a not a religious fellow but I consider what you have said to be most admirable. People of all walks of life and of any culture should be able to appreciate the wisdom and compassion in what you have said. Kudos and a thumbs up for you.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Another example of the God Complex. If you want to play God then you better be able to handle the repercussions of your actions and these types of people cannot. It's been shown time and time again that messing with nature has horrible and unforeseen consequences. Since we do not have the ability to put genies back into bottles then I don't condone letting them out. I don't believe they should be let out in the first place, but especially since they know not what they do. These 'experiments' could lead to only God knows what and the advantages are far outweighed by the disadvantages. This article reminds me of a movie about human flesh eating sheep. It was pretty cheesy, so I didn't watch long or remember the name of it. Maybe someone else has seen it and can post the name?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

I'd prefer "sheep man's" catch phrase....."baaaaaaaaack down sir or I will have to take action!"

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Hmmmm...Maybe some civilization in the past did experiments like this as well? That would explain all of the drawings and stories of part human/ part animal creatures in Egyptian and Greek mythology.
Until the 'nuclear' war between India and 'Atlantis' led to the global advanced societies downfall.
Maybe thats a little to out there, though.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Grant, Ive been through a number of threads regarding cloning, doppelgangers, robotoids and the replacements of people. Celebrities and those with power for the most part. I'm sure many of you have seen and/or contributed to those threads. One of the theories/methods that has been mentioned is the injecting a host body with genetic material from the person that is being replaced/copied/duplicated. The effect of this procedure is that the host body takes on the characteristics of the new material.

From what I've read the forerunner to this was experimentation performed on ducks. A duck of one strain/type was injected with genetic material of a duck from a radically different strain and the expectation was that the offspring of the duck that received the injected material would in someway show characteristics of the injected strain. Instead the injected duck itself started to morph and show radically new characteristics from the injected strain. Perhaps someone knows more directly the history of what I've described.

If this concept and findings were remotely possible we could then expect minotaurs, manbearpigs and an "Island of Dr Moreau" scenario as some have suggested.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I don't wanna come home to see a goat sitting on my couch watching TV, telling me to go make him a sandwich. This is creepy. Walking down a country road only to be told by a cow I look fat. : (

This will be interesting, I wonder about this and a possible connection with the passage in Revelation explaining the evil animals with faces like men, bodies of lions and such and such. I need to review that again.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianInRI

The movie's called Black Sheep. It's a horror-comedy film from New Zealand similar to Peter Jackson's early movies.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join