It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human genes to be injected into goats, cows, and sheep

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Hi all, came across this story today on the local New Zealand news. I'm no expert on this sort of thing, but thought it deserved to be posted in here for comment.

Scientists have been given permission to put human genes into goats, sheep and cows for the next 20 years, to see if the animals will produce human proteins in their milk.

AgResearch won Environmental Risk Management Authority approval to allow a handful of scientists to breed and keep genetically-modified animals at the Ruakura research facility, near Hamilton.

Simon Terry, of environmental consultancy the Sustainability Council, welcomed conditions making it clear the milk could not be made for commercial sale but he was concerned the 20-year time limit was three times as long as the last GM experiment at the facility.

AgResearch hopes human proteins made by the animals could eventually be used to make "biopharmaceuticals" to treat rare human diseases and boost New Zealand's income in the pharmaceuticals market

Not sure how big this news is. I've often wondered though, whats going on behind the scenes with Genetics that we don't hear about??

www.nzherald.co.nz...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Get ready for the minotaurs.

Personally I want to be Spider-man!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla

Get ready for the minotaurs.

Personally I want to be Spider-man!

Well, we'll have to settle with goat-man, sheep-man and cow-man. I like have cow-man's catch phrase to be "Hey, don't have a cow man"

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

S&F. Good catch.

But - this is just the tip of the iceberg. Human genes have been used to grow human organs in all kinds of animals for some time already... and more.

It's worth checking out. Really.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Interesting.

As with all science, it can be used for good or bad.

I love it.

I would love to see a sheep with natural red wool...err...genetically modified natural. Whatever.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
This kind of act was not meant to happen, so you know there are going to be a lot of unfavorable mutations.

Bring on the Satyrs!

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Human genes get injected into sheep all the time! It gets lonely on the farm.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Hmmm... it makes me wonder if the chimerical creatures of Revelations might be more literal than metaphorical.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Oh, no! Next thing you know we will have manbearpigs. Hey, I'm serial! Excalibur!!! I recall listening to a show on C2C a few, well, maybe quite a few, years ago, where a guest claimed that the reason Atlantis was destroyed was because the Atlanteans began to breed humans with animals. Lions and tigers and manbearpigs, Oh my!

Serially, heh, no, wait, seriously, I do wonder what sort of line humans could cross that can't be stepped back across, with such things like was mentioned in the OP.

But, I am also reminded that diabetics were once injected with pig insulin to control blood sugar levels. Doesn't that seem creepy? Everytime I inject insulin into my belly, I really wonder,......hmmmmmmmmmmm what exactly am I injecting?

To say that I wouldn't care if I was injecting Mothman semen, is an understatement.
Just so long as I don't feel numb and vibrations and unable to even stand up, I am rather happy.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed

Not sure how big this news is.

It's BIG. It's REALLY BIG. Star and flag.

Now that it is a big announcement, you can be sure that it is already being done. Maybe it has been done for years and they are now at the point of disclosure. I bet they have done a lot of things we don't know about yet.

Didn't Monsanto, the Old Saint, just create a mousepig recently? What was the deal on that?

This is filth and degradation. It turns my stomach.

Originally posted by FritosBBQTwist
As with all science, it can be used for good or bad.

I love it.

Maybe someone will post some sick videos so you can see the torture many of these animals go through simply for the sake of "science" and it's many evils.

Using an animal to grow body parts for people is still an abomination of crossing genetic lines. Not only is this disrespectful of nature and our fellow creature inhabitants, this is also one way that viruses can so easily jump from species to species now. All creatures have feelings. This is just wrong.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kyred

i read that about atlantis to. it was supposed to be part of the reason that it was destroyed.

most cilizations in the past seem to have arrived at a point where they want to play god. minotaurs----dog and birdmen in(i think) egypt. it must get up the nose of the niberuans, enki etc. who were the original gene splicers maybe.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
[edit on 17-4-2010 by grantbeed]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Some more information here -

GM animal decision smells of US influence

The main benefactor of the Environmental Risk Management Authority's (ERMA) decision to allow the application by Crown Research Institute AgResearch a carte blanche application to genetically engineer (GE) cattle, sheep and goats using a huge range of E.coli bacteria, human, mouse, sheep, goats, cattle, and viruses and other material is the United States biotech company GTC Biotherapeutics (GTC), an off shoot of Genzyme Corporation, according to the Soil & Health Association.

There has been panic on the part of AgResearch and its partner Genzyme ever since the earlier applications by AgResearch for GE animals were halted in June 2009 by the High Court through action taken by GE Free NZ," said Soil & Health Association of NZ Spokesperson Steffan Browning.

AgResearch should not have been presumptive in its contractual arrangements with GTC, but appeared to have had the indication from ERMA that they would get the earlier application approved. ERMA has been bending over backwards ever since to ensure AgResearch could meet its US partner's needs. Even the US Secretary of State's science and technology advisor Nina Federoff came calling on the government in late January

While ERMA says the approval is purely for research,(2) AgResearch acknowledge it allows them to meet their contractual obligations (3), and GTC is very clear that AgResearch is to "establish appropriate transgenic founder production lines" (4), this is totally commercial and the New Zealand public are funding it to the tune of at least $8million with science funding(5). GTC's contribution is only $200,000 but holds the US patents to any transgenic therapeutic mammalian milk proteins.

New Zealand government agencies are tripping over themselves to get into bed with large US corporations, and run roughshod over the New Zealand public to avoid due process and corruptly give blanket approvals to their friends GE experiments.

Interesting indeed. Sounds like New Zealand is the perfect, out of the way place for the U.S. to do certain testing, with possibly not so much attention on them?

www.gmwatch.eu...

also more here -

www.nzbio.org.nz...

HERE is the actual official application forms in PDF - I advise all of you to read these and give thoughts. Especially on the "APPLICATION FORM" -

www.ermanz.govt.nz...

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
www.ermanz.govt.nz...

some quotes from the above PDF Application by AgResearch -

The studies within the indoor containment facilities encompasses research up to the point of successfully developing cultured embryos will be under containment conditions described in section 4 of this application

Transgenic embryos and cells will be developed in vitro by one of a variety of methods briefly described below (indoor containment activities), and then transferred into the reproductive tracts of recipient animals (outdoor containment activity).

Transduction of oocytes or embryos with infectious non-replicating viral particles introducing the transgene carried by the viral vector into the oocyte/embryo. (Hofmann et al., 2003 and 2004). Embryos will be transferred to recipients, as described for embryos produced by nuclear transfer, to produce transgenic animals

Spermatogonial stem cells that have been genetically engineered are transplanted into the testis of an acceptor animal, which has been treated to destroy its own spermatogonial stem cell population

when you get to page 20 onwards of this PDF it starts sounding pretty scary to me. Like I said in the OP, i'm no expert on any of this stuff but this does not sound good.

What if some mutant disease were created here and escaped?

I'm a bit worried about this. I highly recommend for everyone to read the PDF application. there's lots of very interesting information on it.

g

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
From the Application Summary

To develop in containment genetically modified goats, sheep and cows to produce human therapeutic proteins, or with altered levels of endogenous proteins for the study of gene function, milk composition and disease resistance

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Who has actually put up the money to fund these abominations?
Who are all of the contributing corporations and entities behind it?
Now, who is really underneath the shells and the umbrella names?
How far can we trace this to see who is responsible?

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Yes, it would certainly pay to do some deeper digging here. In only ten minutes I found all the above documents and links.

Now, the U.S. have a company linked to AgResearch as mentioned in my earlier post here.

I think a bit more research could yield more results.

g

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
AgResearch chief resigns

Andrew West today announced his intention to resign as chief executive of state-owned science company AgResearch Ltd, with effect from June 30.

Dr West has headed the research institute -- focused on this country's dairy, red-meat and wool industries -- for six years.

He agreed to continue to lead AgResearch until mid 2010 to support the board with the transition to a new chief executive.

AgResearch chairman Sam Robinson said the board recognised Dr West's important contribution to the ongoing success of this company and wished him well.

Interesting. The 'big cheese' is leaving too. Just after his own company gets a very very important approval for these tests....

mmmmmm..........

www.nbr.co.nz...

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Enochian wisdom teaches that this mingling of the essence of one kind with another kind is reason enough for a nation and a people to be destroyed.

I greet this news with sorrow and inconsolable grief. Every kind of creature has a right to be exactly what it is in its fulness. The genetic alteration or augmentation is a kind of rape of a species by another. The Divine will not allow it to go on. And our scientists insisting on doing this are violating a basic rule of creation as if they, jumping off of a building, did not believe themselves subject to the law of gravity. From their splattered remains we can hear the whispers: we were wrong.

Do not mess with the law of species integrity anywhere on earth or aboard a space station. Your world will explode upon you if you follow this path.

[edit on 17/4/10 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Who has actually put up the money to fund these abominations?
Who are all of the contributing corporations and entities behind it?
Now, who is really underneath the shells and the umbrella names?
How far can we trace this to see who is responsible?

Obviously, creationists win

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join