It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confused about points

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Ok, yesterday I got colour for my name text and I dunno, something else. I forget what. Anyway I used combined points, though I only had 6 or so from BTS. Now I have 500 or so ATS points and -300 BTS points. I want to buy more things and I should be able to with ATS points, but it does not give me the option.

Whew. Does that make sense?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

It should give you the drop down option to just use ATS points. When you combined them it just subtracted from your BTS points as well, which you earn in Below Top Secret.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Try using just your ATS points, you went negative on BTS because you used combined points.

[edit on 16/4/2010 by Sauron]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Ok I do understand that correctly

But now I have 504 ATS, -383 BTS, and 121 combined. I want to get Custom mini-profile background color, which I should be able to get, since it is 250. But when I click on it, I get "You do not have enough ATS points for the custom background color. Sorry."

In the future however, I will be sure to use the drop-down menu

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Because you are choosing to buy with combined points. Choose ATS Points only.

You can also ask a super moderator or administrator to level your points up if your want too.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Check your points again...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

You may have just opened Pandora's box. I did the same (not that I am asking for it to be correct-I opt to learn more in BTS soon and plan on working the - to a + by postings etc).

However, I bet you about 1 in 10 members have done this. It seems like when I check a profile out I see a lot of -'s. After I saw so many I realized I wasn't the only one and must not be a big deal.

But the OP brings up a great point . Maybe an add-on prompt could ask to confirm that you want t use combined pts-or even don't let you account be charged in BTS is you don't have the pts.

[edit on 4/16/2010 by anon72]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Oh man, I spent about 700 points on text colors because I thought they were background colors lol.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I recently went through the same thing. Took a while to find answers

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

THANK YOU!

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by groomlake9

Lesson learned. I thought I was going crazy, couldn't figure out my negative points

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I just could not figure out what I had done wrong. I thought combined would still allow my ATS points to be used. Hopefully Pandora's Box is now closed

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I too have negative BTS points from using the combined points option. It's no big deal tho.

new topics

top topics

join