It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG ITS the END of the WORLD!. . . NOT!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by aorAki

I'll bet you the never saw a plate moving.

I bet you never passed Grade School with grammar like that!

Subuction drives plate motion. It is the downgoing slab which provides the energy for the plate to move. This is established fact by all but the kooks who obviously don't understand the process and are trying to provide another theory without actually thinking it through.

What is it with ATS these days? There seems to be growing ignorance, misinformation and conservatism laced with religious overtones appearing in topics which were previously free of this rhetoric.

I'll say it again: Subduction drives plate motion. That, right there, instantly shoots down the expanding Earth concept.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Originally posted by LocoHombre
reply to post by polarwarrior

its e=mc2 bright one. it means energy equals mass times the speed of light in a vacuum squared, created by the greatest cosmologist ever, Albert Einstein.

Duhhh, no need for the pre-school lesson

i repeat CAN NOT create something out of nothing.

You missread me, I never said that. I said you can convert mass to energy and vice versa, thats why I went on to attempt to explain where the energy is coming from, did you even read it?

yes, the Earth is being heated from the inside, but that is caused by a little something called PRESSURE!

Again, I said the heat was being caused by pressure in my last post. But the pressure is not enough to account for all the heat, do the thermo. This is found on any planet. Pluto for example is heating up while flying away from the sun.

the rocks in the core of the Earth are under so much pressure that it causes them to heat up. the rocks in the very center are solid because the immense pressure does not allow them to melt, as it raises the melting point of the minerals higher.

Umm duh, Im familiar with the same old tired explanation I can find on any science website out there, but this is an alternative website.

what you "expanding Earth 'theorists' are basing you're argument on is the fact that you do not get plate tectonics to begin with, and believe the NWO/TPTB/Illuminati/etc are causing all this too oppress us. you base it off one fact that the Pacific basin is expanding, but "omg where is the subduction?!?!?!?" the subduction is in the center of the Earth!

I only listen to Phd level scientists, oceanographers, geologists who have spent a lifetime on plate tectonics only to realize whats wrong with it. While I myself dont have a phd in tectonics, I would only listen to growing earth theories from people that do. The list of people is very long, and growing daily. I had the opportunity to meet an Australian Professor Sam Carey (Emeritus Professor of Geology, University of Tasmania) who said at the conference "If 50million people believe a fallacy, its still a fallacy" To which I would add "If your one step ahead of the world your a genius, If your two steps ahead your a crackpot"

I suggest the link I provided earlier if your ever wondering why scientists are leaving techtonics daily now, but by the sounds of your replies the technacalities of tectonics will be a bit over your head. Come back when you actually read the whole site, when you have a brief introduction to it so as not to make such wild claims about the growing earth.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Data please.

I dont have a phd in tectonics, go to the scientists that do(and support growing earth) for your data. The link I provided is a good intro.

Care to provide data for why the radius has remained relatively constant? Thats right if a hypotheses supports mainstream paradigm very little evidence is required but if it goes against one must redundently provide mountains of evidence, which has been done btw.

Urge NASA to re-measure the earth if you want to prove the radius is constant, its been 30 years its time to measure again.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

sorry i left this part out. . . if the Earth was expanding, would the mass not be greater? therefore, at the constant speed the Earth is traveling at, the same speed would not propel our orbit enough. the greater the weight of an object, the farther out OR faster it would need to be. any less, even just a tinyyyyyy bit, would send it propelling into the object it is orbiting. in this case, the Earth would be crashing into the sun. also, the days would be growing longer and longer, and the years shorter and shorter.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

. also, the days would be growing longer and longer, and the years shorter and shorter.

An increasing length of the day is further evidence the planet's diameter and circumference is increasing. Astronomers were unaware of a problem with the LOD until the mid-1930's, and on 1 January 1972 began periodic addition of "leap seconds" every 12-18 months to bring the world's clocks into 'sync' with Earth's rotation. The 22nd, and latest, leap second was added 1 January 1999. A 23rd leap second is to be added 1 January 2000 and should be followed regularly by others.

www.expanding-earth.org...

sorry i left this part out. . . if the Earth was expanding, would the mass not be greater? therefore, at the constant speed the Earth is traveling at, the same speed would not propel our orbit enough. the greater the weight of an object, the farther out OR faster it would need to be. any less, even just a tinyyyyyy bit, would send it propelling into the object it is orbiting. in this case, the Earth would be crashing into the sun

Summary The gravitational potential energy of the actual Earth has now been estimated at –2·485 × 1032 J. Three density models of the hypothetical Earth before the hypothetical expansion have been adopted for estimating the internal energy necessary for expanding: 7 × 1031 J. No dynamical evidence exists for the origin of this energy in the last 450 × 106 y. The hypothetical increase in the Earth's mass M of about 0·4 M since 2 × 108 y B.P. required for a dynamical balance has also no support in the paleodynamics of the Earth-Moon-Sun system since the M. Ordovician.

www.springerlink.com...

The expanding Earth view is adopted, with the aim to show the links Earth’s rotation, time-varying gravity, expansion, can present in shaping our planet. An increasing gravity – whatever the reason may be – must induce an additional J2 variation, towards a decreasing ellipticity. The same effect, in different magnitude order, could be produced by the slow decay of the well know equatorial – 100 m – excess flatness of the Earth – due probably to a faster paleo-spin. The combination of these two effects can cause both misinterpretation of some phenomena like the alleged glacial-rebound, and difficulty to recognise the probably small amount (few mm/yr or fraction of mm/yr) of Recent global expansion.

Summary The expanding Earth hypothesis has been discussed on the basis of recent LLR data and the long-term decrease observed in the angular velocity of the Earth's rotation. It has been proved that the observed data do not support the hypothesis. Realistic limits for hypothetical long-term variations in the Earth's dimension consistent with observations have been derived as ±3 × 10–3 m cy–1.

www.springerlink.com...

The debate has begun. I dont support looking at the astronomy side of things because of the plethora of evidence on the planet already. We will find that anomalies pertaining to rotation of planets and gravity will be solved under expanding earth hypotheses. The large amounts of money required to take over NASA's space equipment to support an hypothesis they dont a agree with is almost laughable. NASA fights tooth and nail against growing earth, the same way they do alien life. So its best to keep two feet on the ground for the moment, theres redundent evidence on the planet already. One expansion is accepted as at least plausible instead of being defaultly defended by a buch of mainstream fundamantalists, we'll go to space for further proof.

Edit to add; If the earth is growing our understanding of whats at the centre on a hyperdimensional level, and what gravity is will be radically changed. It may usher in an evolution of our understanding of celestial bodies. It may solve old age questions, and bring more. If for example energy can be converted to mass at the centre, how crazy is it to suggest the earth is affecting its own rotation. How crazy is it to suggest the earth has controll over the elements it forms, we have water for a reason, the earth may have tweaked the proportions of elemental production to support the symbiosis of life? Or that the Gaia hypothesis is correct? All just speculation. But we can move on to answering speculation once we get over the fact the radius has not remained constant, then we will have teams of experts in their respective fields, with all the funding and equipment, to answer your further questions that I dont have to right qualifications to answer.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by polarwarrior]

[edit on 19-4-2010 by polarwarrior]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

reply to post by aorAki

I'll bet you the never saw a plate moving.

I bet you never passed Grade School with grammar like that!

Subuction drives plate motion. It is the downgoing slab which provides the energy for the plate to move. This is established fact by all but the kooks who obviously don't understand the process and are trying to provide another theory without actually thinking it through.

What is it with ATS these days? There seems to be growing ignorance, misinformation and conservatism laced with religious overtones appearing in topics which were previously free of this rhetoric.

I'll say it again: Subduction drives plate motion. That, right there, instantly shoots down the expanding Earth concept.

Nope. I didn't
I never studied English.
But I could barley keep my eyes open at the time.

But please enlighten me then. What is causing the tectonics plates to subduct in the first place ? Could it maybe be because the Earth creates new land on the opposite side of subduction zones ?

I appreciate you correcting any errors in my thinking but I'd like to hear more then half of the answer.

I didn't deny anything you know. I suggested to keep an open mind. Because what I read clearly showed one narrow view point.
Don't be arrogant. It wouldn't be the first time science is wrong and certainly not the last. ( Not saying it's wrong know. ) Just stay sceptical and open for suggestion that's all.

Never went all fundamental here either.
I wonder where you got that Idea.

No offense taken or returned..

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Wha ha ha ha !!

I just read in the telegraaf ( A daily Dutch newspaper ), WE ARE ALL WRONG !!.

Some Iranian high Muslim imam, said that earthquakes happen because of women. Wha ha ha.

They were to naked which causes mens heads go mental . It causes adultary and earthquakes. Or so it seems
Wha ha ha .

But seriously.
I think that guy is an idiot. But it made me laugh so hard my tummy aches.

It's really sad that such people are still able to control others.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
George Carlin said it best...

"The Earth isn't going anywhere...WE are...the Earth will shake us off like a bad case of fleas"....

While the level of activity may be "average"....it certainly seems to be a LOT closer to more inhabited areas as of late...(which I assume is why there is more word of it)...(and of course, better communications globally)...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

George carlin rules !
R.I.P.

I don't really get what you are suggesting here.

I mean.
Big earthquakes happen regularly. Death count has been massive in the past. Remember the city of Bam ? Or a Turkey quake that caused a lot of land sinking under the waves. Your explenation about our communication system was already possible 10 to 15 years ago.

What bothers me is this.
We here in Holland were in the past always posted on earthquakes. From tiny 4 tremors to the big ones. But now there are a lot of big ones yet the news isn't even sharing half of them. I don't get it ??

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Gazrok

But now there are a lot of big ones yet the news isn't even sharing half of them. I don't get it ??

Just remember that fear which closes the mind leading to easier manipulation is good for them. But that which may lead to curiosity is disasterous. Its best to lead people astray from those claiming "earth changes" are unfolding at an ever increasing rate, the risk it may start a journey of seeking in people which could lead to the loss of sheep outwieghs the possible fear generating capabilities from it.

To the earlier part of your post, Im a proponent if the gia hypothesis and think if the symbiosis between earth and humans turns parasitic, inbuilt protection against parasitic humans may be deployed.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

what is causing subduction is that new land is being formed on other sides of the plate, kind of pushing it across and if it is an oceanic plate, it would go under the continental, as basalt, the main rock of the seafloor, is denser than granite. convection currents also cause the plates to move.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

yet again, how do you create something out of nothing? that is what the expanding earth "theory" is saying, that stuff is being created out of absolutely nothing.

even if there were tons of energy at the core, why would our planet be the only one? would Jupiter, Mars, Mercury, Venus (Earth's twin), not be exhibiting the same signs? are they? no. is the expanding Earth idea just an attempt by the human ego to suggest that we're so awesome because our planet is growing? perhaps.

and eventually the mass of Earth would eventually become to much for the orbit or the Earth would fall apart because the size was too big. and, if the Earth were expanding, and it reached the point where the weight was too much for the constant speed it is traveling at, what would speed it up to keep it in orbit? it just doesn't seem very good for a p[lanet because it would eventually lead to its own demise.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

yet again, how do you create something out of nothing? that is what the expanding earth "theory" is saying, that stuff is being created out of absolutely nothing.

Oh man never in any of my posts have I said something can be created out of nothing. I doubt your reading them, for the last time energy can be converted into matter and vice versa.

[even if there were tons of energy at the core, why would our planet be the only one? would Jupiter, Mars, Mercury, Venus (Earth's twin), not be exhibiting the same signs? are they? no. is the expanding Earth idea just an attempt by the human ego to suggest that we're so awesome because our planet is growing? perhaps.

and eventually the mass of Earth would eventually become to much for the orbit or the Earth would fall apart because the size was too big. and, if the Earth were expanding, and it reached the point where the weight was too much for the constant speed it is traveling at, what would speed it up to keep it in orbit? it just doesn't seem very good for a p[lanet because it would eventually lead to its own demise.

No again I said earlier that it is happening on all planets. So for you to go and blame human ego that we're special or something is false. Maybe I should say it again, it is the case with all planets.

I, unlike you, can not predict the future of planets. So I dont know whats going to happen to earth in millions of years untill the proper equipment can be used by the qualified people to look for those answers. As for the orbital mechanics ...like I said before keep two feet firmly planted on the ground untill the people qualified to speak on cosmic matters can do so.

I chose to raise this issue on hope we could have an intelligent discussion about the expansion techtonics, but ive been dragged about while you grasp at straws to explain away the seemingly absurd notion I have proposed. One can find proof of expansion by looking closely at tectonics and having an open mind. Once this is observed then we humanity can move on to explaining many associated phenomena with the proper experts and equipment. One cannot say the evidence is null just because they have thought up of an area where it doesnt make sense yet because the theories have not been developed properly yet, heck most people dont even know its a serious theory. I cant develop all the theories and the subsequent changes to current theories in my head by myself while you head off into off world scenario questions. I assume your rapid topic changes are due to inability to debunk the information put forwards, I should know I was in your shoes a few months ago having this same conversation with a rogue scientist.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by polarwarrior]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

no one can predict the future. i never stated i could.

i recall you stating earlier that many scientists are converting to this new school of thought. give me names. or are they false notions????

and how would the energy forming this new matter be formed? just a question.

***ETA***: and, our solar system would also be expanding, would it not, as to keep us [the planets] from colliding yes? and because no star has been seen expanding (if they did grow, the apparent magnitude would increase, resultng in more starlit skies in the cities), the Earth would eventually stray farther out away from the magical number of 93,000,000 miles and reach the temp where it could no longer support life.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by LocoHombre]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel
Id like to add that The end of the world will not happen ever ,

all tho we may someday experiance the end of mankind where we become extint but when that happens the planet her self will continue .

I would just like to add that you are VERY WRONG there my freind. the world WILL come to an end and I can predeict EXACTLY when it will happen. 100% Guaranteed.

It will end when the sun grows sufficiently as a red giant prior to supernova. At this point the earth WILL be consumed.

Humans may be long dead and buried or spread out in the starts, But for one minute imagine, if we made it into the stars, the feeling of our people the day the news flash goes around the galaxy

*** BREAKING NEWS***
To all empire earth citizens. our home world has finally been destroyed by the red giant the Sun.

Although human may not have inhabited this planets for millennia I can sure you that it would most likely still be seen as a profound event.

This is not science fiction, but science fact! \
Come on try and de-bunk me

BTW, I have not read the full thread, so if someone already stated this..... I don't care!!

chin chin

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Back on to the thread of EQ's I think the reason people are running around like headless chickens, is that this year we are seeing hightened and more powerful year.

yes its normal, and all tectonics. But I think that a lot of people, especially in the Americas, are very worried that the BIG ONE is coming and soon!!! which undoubtedly gets people worked up!.

its OK if you live outside these zones, but when you're in them!! !hmmmm little worrisome.

i am especially interested to see the recently "random spread" of quakes right acorss the continental USA. I guess new madrid is getting active!!??

Either that ir it is crustal displacement theory, 2012 style!!!\hehehehe

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

yes exactly. it will happen in approximately 5 billion years. but then again the energy will be transferred to the sun.

it will not, however, become a supernova. it would have to be 10x as massive as it is now to become one. it will become a neutron star, the densest objects in the universe. that is the final stage in most stars lives. a star 30x as massive as the sun would become a black hole.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

i remember that there were 3 major quakes in, i think Mississippi or somewhere like that?, that caused the Mississippi river to change its course. it did that because it sits on like this fault line that is not very active but when it quakes, its very powerful.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LocoHombre

Well you know what i mean!!. i think I remember seeing somewhere something that said it would become a brown dwarf!! but would in the process become a red giant.

Given that the planet DOES have a life limit

So with that 100% prediction success rate. better than nostradamus, I will retire from the prophet biz!!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

wait, it would not become a brown dwarf, nor a neutron star. . . sorry

it would become a white dwarf, an incredibly small, dim, yet hot star. to give you an idea of a white dwarf, if the sun became one today, it would look like any other star in the sky, only because it would be that close.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join