If a police officer attacks you for no reason, what can you do?

page: 5
13
<< 2  3  4   >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Originally posted by sirnex

We have an inalienable right to defend ourselves against any bodily harm acted upon us by anyone, even if it's the president. No one person has a lick of a right to beat anyone unprovoked. If a cop beats you, hits you with a taser or pepper sprays you, give him what he deserves... Your full undivided attention.


While i agree completely that people have the right to defend themselves from anyone, consider the implications of doing so against a police officer. If you give that a go then you'll probably end up being shot in the USA. If you do it in the UK then you'll be sprayed and beaten and put in prison for a good long while. The courts trust the police, their testimony carries more weight than the person who is on the stand being prosecuted for assaulting a police officer.

The police know this as well. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of decent, hard working, law abiding officers. Then there are those who joined the police because they like bullying people and having power over them.


This is why I said we need a civil war II, at least here in america. Not sure how it is in other countries. All I know is my government and justice system suck badly.




posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Sorry this reply is a bit late and I haven't read all the pages of the thread, so if someone has mentioned this before, please forgive me.

I used to be a Police Officer here in New South Wales, Australia. Like has been said before, there are good and bad apples in every barrel and the majority are good, if you treat them as you would want them to treat you, you will rarely have a problem.

It would be nice to always have a video and/or tape recorder on hand, but that is not always possible. The best thing you can do, if you are in that situation and you are assaulted is to LET THE EVIDENCE DO THE TALKING.

Immediately lie face down and cover the back of your head with your arms. If you do that, all the wounds/abrasions you receive can be easily shown (by forensic means) to have been inflicted when you were in a submissive possition. I know it doesn't help much while you are having the crap beaten out of you, but it is very difficult for them to allege you were attacking them when all your injuries can be show to have been received whilst you were lying face down.

Hope this helps.

Aussie Bill

reply to post by warequalsmurder
 



posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman
 

when approched by cops if your cell has a video recorder on it start recording mine has an 8 gig memory card in it or better yet if it has video start recording and put it in shirt pocket with lens facing out. you might not get video but you probably will have an audio recording of said advents



posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1
I thought I would put this in here for you to printout to keep on you or in your glovebox....or do whatever you want with it




-Kdial1

Never try and observe the police's actions. They hate that and will beat you for it. This advice does not work in the real world, just on paper.



posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Hello ATS members,
My name is A.J and I've been on the web all night trying to figure out also what to do when being assaulted by a police officer. I know this tread is old but I figured I'll reply to it anyways, what do I have to loose. also please excuse me if I'm not doing something right this is a first for me on this site....(Anyway)
yesterday evening about 5pm, I was in my home cooking dinner for my kids when I heard some yelling in front of my house. I looked out my front window and saw that a man and pregnant woman with a child was pulled over in my driveway, an officer approached the driver side of the car yelling at the man, next I watched the officer open the drivers side door, grab the man by his hair and pulled him out of the car then slammed him around in my yard, still griping him by his hair tight.. need less to say, the officer was roughing him up, bad!! so I grabbed my phone to record this man getting assaulted and stood in my door while I was recording this. I'm still in shock when I say this, but I was rushed by an officer for the phone to stop recording, then he thro me in the yard and proceeded to rough me up as well, while this was going on, my husband said "come on man you don't have to pull her head back like that, Come on"... before he finished his sentence. another officer grabbed him, thru him on the ground and handcuffed him,,,, I was charged with hindering evidence, assault and disturbing the peace.... my husband was charged with hindering evidence, and disturbing the peace.... either of us never resisted, assaulted or even disrespected an officer but took a beating like we did. the worst thing about this is my kids were left in my yard by them self, dad and I both bagged the officer to please let one of us give my neighbor a number to call for my kid but they said "shut the ---- up"! rolled up all the windows and blasted the radio as we both was on are way to Jail. 100% true story!!!!! As God was my witness!!!!! please, can someone give me advice on this, I just don't know what to do????? I do have lots of witnesses, but will they do me any good??? I just don't know! I also have battle marks from head to toe and just came home from the hospital where I recorded it... but will it do me any good ???? I don't know?? oooh and let me add, the man was pulled over for failing to stop at a stop sign, police don't know what happened to my phone and thank GOD someone I knew coincidentally pulled up and took my kids. If it wasn't for that the police was placing them in foster care...



posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek
 



What can you do? Not a fuc%$^$ing thing! You are at the mercy of these blue balless bastards.

What would be retribution for an unarmed beating? "civilian justice" meet them one nite at their home on a "surprise visit"with 25 of your closest friends on STEROIDS that hate cops! *** Get the name of the cop from the police report, and start investigating where he lives, go to public records and find out where he lives...***

Do NOT plan on "the city" to press charges.. the cop in question will have 60 days FULL pay while you are in the hospital wondering if you will live or not!!!

Oh one more thing, Before you kick in his front door to beat the hell out if him, make sure that you have the right address.. (we all know cops beat anyone, kick down doors, murder people and say... "oops wrong address")



posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by angelamassie82
Hello ATS members,
My name is A.J and I've been on the web all night trying to figure out also what to do when being assaulted by a police officer. I know this tread is old but I figured I'll reply to it anyways, what do I have to loose. also please excuse me if I'm not doing something right this is a first for me on this site....(Anyway)
yesterday evening about 5pm, I was in my home cooking dinner for my kids when I heard some yelling in front of my house. I looked out my front window and saw that a man and pregnant woman with a child was pulled over in my driveway, an officer approached the driver side of the car yelling at the man, next I watched the officer open the drivers side door, grab the man by his hair and pulled him out of the car then slammed him around in my yard, still griping him by his hair tight.. need less to say, the officer was roughing him up, bad!! so I grabbed my phone to record this man getting assaulted and stood in my door while I was recording this. I'm still in shock when I say this, but I was rushed by an officer for the phone to stop recording, then he thro me in the yard and proceeded to rough me up as well, while this was going on, my husband said "come on man you don't have to pull her head back like that, Come on"... before he finished his sentence. another officer grabbed him, thru him on the ground and handcuffed him,,,, I was charged with hindering evidence, assault and disturbing the peace.... my husband was charged with hindering evidence, and disturbing the peace.... either of us never resisted, assaulted or even disrespected an officer but took a beating like we did. the worst thing about this is my kids were left in my yard by them self, dad and I both bagged the officer to please let one of us give my neighbor a number to call for my kid but they said "shut the ---- up"! rolled up all the windows and blasted the radio as we both was on are way to Jail. 100% true story!!!!! As God was my witness!!!!! please, can someone give me advice on this, I just don't know what to do????? I do have lots of witnesses, but will they do me any good??? I just don't know! I also have battle marks from head to toe and just came home from the hospital where I recorded it... but will it do me any good ???? I don't know?? oooh and let me add, the man was pulled over for failing to stop at a stop sign, police don't know what happened to my phone and thank GOD someone I knew coincidentally pulled up and took my kids. If it wasn't for that the police was placing them in foster care...


I am so sorry for your story, this happens every night. PLEASE read the threads where I wrote DO NOT use your cell phone instead

******* READ THIS*** Wear a "wireless phone on hour hat, shirt, coat, hair band!
walk by or stand near by where the cop crime is taking place, keep your distance
Call your friends and neighbors (where the cops cant see your cell phone) that live upstairs, around the corner in another building.Have the friend or neighbors record the scene for you if you don't have a wireless wearable camera

Cops have "team work" one team to beat up citizens and one team to block the scene with their fat "arse" donut eating butts and to arrest by standers (or beat them too)

Do NOT record in front of officers.

Maybe get the officers name and address from police reports and "pay them a little visit" with 25 of your closest friends???? The city will not pay hour hospital bills and your complaint on the cop crime is used for toilet paper in the police bathroom.(it won't be heard and you are a joke to the cops)

If citizens started DEMANDING justice! instead of filing city complaints these cop crimes might just come down a notch. Its sad the see "nightly news" when a child or teen is shot "accidentally" by the cops and the mother/grandmother weepy eyed holds up a photo of child/baby infant/teen to the news camera and sobs for her child or grandchild.... news casters say "yet another tragedy in Smallville, this grieving mother misses (name of child/teen) and now for the weather Bob......"

I am so sorry. Treat cops like armed and dangerous unpredictable crooks, this is what MOST of them can be in a minute!

Last week I was at lunch when a group of police/sheriffs. (maybe 4) came in 3 cars to get their free lunch (did you know many fast food places let cops eat 50% off or free?) and they parked their butts in the seats waiting for free food... All wearing GUNS... I was hoping a customer did not accidentally sneeze and start a round of shooting and pepper spraying... Honestly, I was looking at the door and did not want to be in that room with those cops. (they are crazy and get away with everything)

Good luck to your family, I really wish you all well. I am GLAD CPS did not take your kids!



posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek
 



can I use self-defense agianst the officer? Is it a good idea to at least defend myself agianst such blows, or just sit there and let him/her continue to wail on me?


If you just sit there and take it, you'll have to heal up, but at least no other charges.

If you defend yourself, you're looking at possibly, Obstruction, Resisting Arrest, Assaulting an Officer, etc., etc.

My advice would be sit there and take it, hope it's being filmed, and lawyer-up.



posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aussie Bill
Sorry this reply is a bit late and I haven't read all the pages of the thread, so if someone has mentioned this before, please forgive me.

I used to be a Police Officer here in New South Wales, Australia. Like has been said before, there are good and bad apples in every barrel and the majority are good, if you treat them as you would want them to treat you, you will rarely have a problem.

It would be nice to always have a video and/or tape recorder on hand, but that is not always possible. The best thing you can do, if you are in that situation and you are assaulted is to LET THE EVIDENCE DO THE TALKING.

Immediately lie face down and cover the back of your head with your arms. If you do that, all the wounds/abrasions you receive can be easily shown (by forensic means) to have been inflicted when you were in a submissive possition. I know it doesn't help much while you are having the crap beaten out of you, but it is very difficult for them to allege you were attacking them when all your injuries can be show to have been received whilst you were lying face down.

Hope this helps.

Aussie Bill

reply to post by warequalsmurder
 




Gee... I feel better now... Hope if I get beaten that the jury finds in my favor.. Do you know how DUMB that sounds????



posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by GenRadek
 



can I use self-defense agianst the officer? Is it a good idea to at least defend myself agianst such blows, or just sit there and let him/her continue to wail on me?


If you just sit there and take it, you'll have to heal up, but at least no other charges.

If you defend yourself, you're looking at possibly, Obstruction, Resisting Arrest, Assaulting an Officer, etc., etc.

My advice would be sit there and take it, hope it's being filmed, and lawyer-up.


I respect your opinion REALLY I do.. But "take it?" If a cop beat me, or hurt or killed a family member I would not "file charges!", I would pay a visit to a local VFW hall, known or a drug gang, a gun club or SOMEWHERE and talk to some former sharp shooters.. I would like to arrange for a "flat tire" in the officers personal car... somewhere on a quiet road that does not have traffic cameras... well then you just have to use your imagination. (REMEMBER that can't hang you for want you DON"T say! LOL!)



posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst
 

I was out with friends in florida in 2004, we were drinking, a girl we had met earlier that night was driving, we were all drunk.

The Brevard County Sherriff's pulled the girl over as we went down Hwy 1, headed south toward Titusville, she was driving, my brother was in the front seat, I was in the back.

The cops got her out of the car and had her back there somewhere with them for what seemed like forever, every time my brother or I turned our head they would threaten us, we couldn't help but wonder what it was we were not supposed to see going on behind us, we waited and waited and waited................

Finally they got done with whatever it was they were doing with her, and allowed her to come back and lean on the rear fender of the car, got my brother out and searched him, carded him, leaned him on the car too, and I was next, and they leaned me on the car too, we waited some more........

The cops came back and called me over to the front of one of their cars, there were 3 cruisers there now, and told me I had to drive because I was the only one there who had anything like a valid drivers license there, I responded in the negative, refused to drive, I was drunk...I got thrown on the front of the car, face down, and the gallant cop stated, are you refusing to obey a direct order from me?, my reply was " I cannot drive that car, I have been drinking, I am sure I am over the 0.08 ".

Right there everything stopped, the cop let me stand back up, they all got into their cruisers and left, nobody got any ticket or anything that I know of.

The girl and my brother were watching all of this, and said it was as if the cops silently scurried away, almost literally backing the one cruiser they had me bent over the hood of out from under me, and they were gone.

The only thing we could figure out happened after discussing it afterwards, was that I was right in front of the dash cam when I told him I could not drive because I was drinking.

I really don't know how bad it may have gotten if that hadn't happened, those cops were pretty damned scary, a bunch of goddamned bullies, like most are who wear a uniform or are granted any authority by who the hell ever....

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it, because it's true.



posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestar.ranch
 



I respect your opinion REALLY I do.. But "take it?"


You realize Rodney King was a millionaire after his incident, right?

(Of course, he blew it all on women, drugs and booze and ended up dead, but that's his own fault).





new topics

top topics



 
13
<< 2  3  4   >>

log in

join